Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ack & brunt any goods ?

(PSN)ARIES-WY

Question

10 answers to this question

I have Final Harbinger for it (I know, very rare), so I can't speak for the majority. But with that one stance and full crit build, the Ack & Brunt are amazing. In fact, they are much more amazing than what their stats would imply. I even thought they were bugged, since it felt they were killing stuff faster than Nikana Prime, but I guess the stance has some hidden multipliers.

So yeah, very good.

1 hour ago, (PS4)ARIES-WY said:

Should I put buzzkill on it ? Or just elements ? 

I say depends on your style or need.

Since slash is very viable on most is not bad option to use Buzzkill.

For example, you might have to deal with "elemental resistance" (Sorties) and Buzzkill shines OR on the other hand you have like "shield/armor increase" | "Physical resistance" which then is best to take elemental route only.

In short, both or either option are a safe bet.

Also as @NinjaKitsune56 said is crit-viable so do consider adding crit mods, since personally it shines damage wise.

Same I say with thumbs up on Final Harbringer: the bread & butter for SnS (At least in my opinion)

That's my 2 :credits: 

Edited by Fionntan
typo, grammar

Buzzkill is rarely viable, but never optimal. Elementals will net you better bonuses, will not be mitigated as greatly, and buzzkill doesnt really contribute to Bleed Damage, so finisher damage isnt a valid excuse for it.

As for Harbinger, it is an amazing stance with mobility, and it will provide you with a faster attack speed than Eleventh Storm

Edited by (PS4)Fenrushak

Ack and Brunt is viable. It's not as good as a Nikana Prime or Galatine Prime due to its lower base damage and status chance, but it still does wonders.

Buzzkill and other +120% IPS mods even out with +90% elemental mods if the weapon's corresponding IPS stat equals 75% of the weapon's physical damage. If it exceeds that percentage, then the IPS mod will give more damage than an elemental mod. The Ack and Brunt has 80% slash damage, so Buzz Kill gives more extra damage than an elemental mod. However, there is an opportunity cost for using the IPS mod: 1 less mod for other stats. While your on paper damage might be higher with Buzz Kill, you may be sacrificing the second elemental mod needed for a combination element such as corrosive. Take the following build, for example where there is no space for Buzz Kill without sacrificing either the corrosive element or the Life Strike: 

t8PQJVf.png

However, if you don't use Life Strike, then feel free to replace it with Buzz Kill to achieve a maximum damage build:

iuRUdET.png

Crit is definitely a way to go, as for stance it really depends on what you want out of the stance and what you're more comfortable with.

Eleventh storm has more damage but lacks mobility and less speed.

Were as Final Harbinger has more speed/mobility but less overall damage.

Electromagnetic Shielding (the Rathuum mod/Kela De Thayum drop mod) is pretty nice if you want to shield others nearby in a defense mission, or a survival if people arn't scattered all over the 4 winds, though I suggest not using it if your main frame is flimsy on the health/shield count (It's good for frames like Chroma/Inaros/Rhino) Though you lose out on some damage going this method.

Other then that build for physical or elemental damage based on need.