Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No oro annihilation

(PSN)Xx-Ribbium-xX

i personality hate the oro system in annihilation and I woul much prefer the winner to have more kills rather than someone who runs around with a melee weapons at 100mph either stealing kills or oro right after you get a kill with a sniper or a gun at long range 

my own opinion and I would like to see who agrees and who doesn't 

(I'm not talking about team annihilation here just regular annihilation)

Edited by (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX
Clearing up any potential confusion

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

i personality hate the oro system in annihilation and I woul much prefer the winner to have more kills rather than someone who runs around with a melee weapons at 100mph either stealing kills or oro right after you get a kill with a sniper or a gun at long range 

my own opinion and I would like to see who agrees and who doesn't 

I agree with you on this one bud. I'm an upclose and mid range conclaver so I don't suffer from this as bad as snipers but I dislike the Oro part. I've seen people get 5 kills yet 18 Oro and win the match just because they spend their time stealing Oro. That difference in kills to oro is rare. 

I wouldn't mind it being a conclave mode but I'd like to see a straight kill mode. 

On one hand, losing because someone stole 16 oro and you literally got 3 times as many kills as them can be annoying, but on the other hand, people still understand that you played better than the guy who stole the Oro. It also makes for hilarious moments and being an "oro thief" is funny, not taboo.

Edited by Witchydragon

4 minutes ago, Witchydragon said:

On one hand, losing because someone stole 16 oro and you literally got 3 times as many kills as them can be annoying, but on the other hand, people still understand that you played better than the guy who stole the Oro. It also makes for hilarious moments and being an "oro thief" is funny, not taboo.

I see your point but it just feels so unrewarding going 22-0 but losing to a guy who went 3-7 because he had 23 oro

There oro system is fair because it rewards the risk taken by the players that start fights in close range while snipers are safe and warm 50 meters away, usually the sniper finishes windows of opportunity that were opened by someone else, theres an extreme bias in this thread and even not being a melee player i think its extremely cheap to simply snipe melee players because they can do nothing at all against that.

inb4 you play with a glowing stick: no i am the one with the sniper.

4 minutes ago, rockscl said:

There oro system is fair because it rewards the risk taken by the players that start fights in close range while snipers are safe and warm 50 meters away, usually the sniper finishes windows of opportunity that were opened by someone else, theres an extreme bias in this thread and even not being a melee player i think its extremely cheap to simply snipe melee players because they can do nothing at all against that.

Got to disagree with u on this one man. 

Snipers have an insanely difficult time targeting me and those I train and those I play with. 

I eat snipers alive with my play style. They literally can't fight me up close because I am constantly blinding and damaging them. You cant focus with a sniper especially up close with that much going on man. 

Unless you guys on pc have developed a way to fight up close with snipers. 

4 hours ago, rockscl said:

Well it works both ways with a melee player not just taking the kill but also the oro which gives  the melee player the advantage 

59 minutes ago, (XB1)Aeries Vendetta said:

Unless you got a build that can counteract the melee. Either way snipers and those who play better at a distance are getting jipped. 

At the end of the day it doesn't matter who wins or loses so long as your k/d is positive. 

And I have 9.9:1 and I wou like to see where I stand 

11 hours ago, C0d3blooded said:

The oro system could be improved upon just by adding some sort of quick "invulnerability" effect to oro. Something like "can't be picked up by other players for 0.5 seconds".

the oro doesnt fly towards the respected player for 1 second so that time should be increased to lik 2-3 seconds 

11 hours ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

the oro doesnt fly towards the respected player for 1 second so that time should be increased to lik 2-3 seconds 

Yes so players still have to actually go grab oro lol. 0.5 seconds is a fair amount of time to confirm a kill and grab oro. A whole second would be more than enough time. Anything more than that would defeat the purpose of them in the first place.