Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets talk about the Elder Scrolls

(PSN)zeratul____12

With the pretty much confirmed rumor of Bethesda that Elders Scrolls 6 is in development and the soon to be released remaster of Skyrim I wanted to talk about something about ES 6, and that is how do the devs up the scale from Skyrim?

What I mean abou this is that in Oblivion you saved the world from being over run with Daedra by helping Martin reignite the Dragon Fires but in Skyrim they upped the scale by having you be a legendary Dragonborn who can absorb the souls of dragons and fight a literal God. How can Bethesda possibly 1up themselves from there?

I think they could have it so the Dwemer return from wherever they were banished to and seek to besiege the home of the 9 Divines and enslave the world.

Edited by (PS4)zeratul____12

In my opinion they should make next Elder Scrolls game a bit toned down (and without the horrendous amount of bugs) I do like fantasy RPG every now and then but that is just money pumping. Real treasure for both developers and players is a game that is we can say "Just it and nothing else"

Although this is just my opinion. I loved the oblivion and skyrim. First is great game and second is the I want to have fun game what players might need every now and then.

See, the thing about Special Edition is

1. Knowing Bethesda, it'll introduce a slew of new bugs while leaving a bunch of the old issues intact

2. The extensive mod catalogue from the first game likely won't be immediately compatible

Bottom line? I'll probably be sticking with old Skyrim for a while until things settle down a bit

5 hours ago, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

With the pretty much confirmed rumor of Bethesda that Elders Scrolls 6 is in development and the soon to be released remaster of Skyrim I wanted to talk about something about ES 6, and that is how do the devs up the scale from Skyrim?

What I mean abou this is that in Oblivion you saved the world from being over run with Daedra by helping Martin reignite the Dragon Fires but in Skyrim they upped the scale by having you be a legendary Dragonborn who can absorb the souls of dragons and fight a literal God. How can Bethesda possibly 1up themselves from there?

I think they could have it so the Dwemer return from wherever they were banished to and seek to besiege the home of the 9 Divines and enslave the world.

Yes, this would be a brilliant idea!  And then for a final 'Boss Battle' a giant 20-30 meter tall Mega Centurion! 

4 hours ago, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

Well there were some things that were good in ESO such as the armour system having pants and pauldron options as well as dying armour were additions I would love to see in future games.

but a lot of thing are 'hey u lil 6 yeer old go get ur mums walet so u can buy dis dlc 2 decur8 urself'

medieval cod

15 minutes ago, CagedLunatic said:

Yes, this would be a brilliant idea!  And then for a final 'Boss Battle' a giant 20-30 meter tall Mega Centurion! 

And considering how long the Dwemer have been gone for who knows what they have built with the materials of whatever plane they were banished to. Hell they could have elemental guns or something or even Dwarven mech things or maybe artificial limbs.

1 minute ago, TheMetrocop said:

still

dlcs in a mmo is a terrible idea

I do think that Warframe should be the template for how new content is put into games. On the other hand MMOs need to sell DLC content so the Dev team can make new content with the money gained from it, however unnecessary microtransactions should be eradicated or DLC that are in fact cut content. 

They should never have scaled enemies so high in the first place. When you make it so your final boss is the literal end of time itself, there's simply no way you can design a fight that will live up to the hype. That's why so many people were disappointed with the fight against Alduin. They should tone it down.

Also, FYI, the Dwemer are not returning because they weren't banned to anywhere. What happened was, because of the tempering of a Dwemer scientist with the Heart of Lorkhan in the Red Mountain, an object that is intertwined with the nature of Nirn itself, the Dwemer literally became the skin of the Numidium, a robotic golem that is so powerful it breaks time whenever it is activated.

You could play Morrowind and read some of the lore books lying around through the last three games to understand it better.

Edited by Gorila_Azul

I look forward to it, but from experience, Bethesda will probably release the new game prematurely before ironing out all of the bugs.

I think until the time comes that there will be new mods to use, I'll probably continue playing Skyrim. Really looking forward to playing the remaster. Maybe the remastered edition will address some of the more game breaking bugs, and maybe (one can dream) the double cursor glitch.

23 minutes ago, Zachles said:

I look forward to it, but from experience, Bethesda will probably release the new game prematurely before ironing out all of the bugs.

I think until the time comes that there will be new mods to use, I'll probably continue playing Skyrim. Really looking forward to playing the remaster. Maybe the remastered edition will address some of the more game breaking bugs, and maybe (one can dream) the double cursor glitch.

Well, seeing the whole double cursor thing never happened in Fallout 4, and that the engine work in the remaster will likely be based heavily off that... probably?

Why go up though? They can always go down, lessen the scale to peasant with a lot of world-building happening around, just without you making any major influence.

Dragonborn in Skyrim didn't matter that much anyway. In the main questline - yes, people would praise you all that, but the moment you step out to any other quest - everyone, including your character, would suddenly forget that yiu are Dragonborn and never EVER mention it.

It might be a neat-picking but details like these are what makes games feel finished, refined, alive. Not like if it was a dozen of games sewed together.

Edited by Artek94

4 hours ago, CagedLunatic said:

I think it'd be cool if they make the next Skyrim game WAY further in the future, like early renaissance era.  It would be fun wielding primitive muskets, and throwing grenades.  

They won't be making a "new" Skyrim game for a long time. They have so many other locations they can do before returning to it.

3 hours ago, AerinSol said:

They just need an invasion by the Tsaesci. Full continental war.

Approved.

Fun fact: Akavir is the literal future. The next cycle of existence post Tamriel. Trying to go from Tamriel to Akavir equates to traveling in time, resulting in premature aging and usually death.

On 26/10/2016 at 0:31 AM, CagedLunatic said:

I think it'd be cool if they make the next Skyrim game WAY further in the future, like early renaissance era.  It would be fun wielding primitive muskets, and throwing grenades.  

no offense but putting firearms or grenades would be very out of place in a fantasy game

3 hours ago, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

no offense but putting firearms or grenades would be very out of place in a fantasy game

Oh?  I think it could work.  I doubt anything can be 'out of place' in a fantasy.  I mean isn't it the reason why writers love publishing fantasies?  You can add, or remove anything you want, at anytime.

13 minutes ago, CagedLunatic said:

Oh?  I think it could work.  I doubt anything can be 'out of place' in a fantasy.  I mean isn't it the reason why writers love publishing fantasies?  You can add, or remove anything you want, at anytime.

If only the same could be said for the Halo series...