Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you think ash will still be a good frame after the bladestorm rework?

spatakiller123

15 hours ago, ashrah said:

as is never been op....but hey lets nerf it... is anyone even seen what 2 equinox can do 1 day forma 1 night forma....wen u  pre stack maim... for 9ver 8 mil dmg in 45 meter raidius.....this is why f2p games fail big time   u invaste in one thing and u end up with something u are not interest in....

Have fun with all that armor with maim. Oh wait, Ash can ignore armor, even with 9mil slash from maim bs will kill faster.

1. Ash will be just fine

2. If you're building Ash for a Bladestorm build now, you're playing him wrong.

3. If you think Ash sucks without using his Bladestorm right now, you're playing him wrong.

4. If you think the Saryn and Mag reworks broke them, then you're playing them wrong...

All of these things suggest to other players that you may not actually be good players because you depend on broken, unbalanced, spammable abilities that don't require skill or thought to play the game.

On 10/23/2016 at 6:23 AM, Doc-Orange said:

Not shure weather Ash will be good. I play with a controller and this targeting of enemies is not so easy as with a mouse. On consoles this could be solved the an aim assist.

Ash is my main (on PS4 with controller) and I target with his abilities just fine. With his Bladestorm rework it will actually require less aiming though. You just hold down the power button and move your cursor past anything you want to die (you can do this by actually pointing in the direction and moving the warframe itself if it helps) and release the button.

1 hour ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

Have fun with all that armor with maim. Oh wait, Ash can ignore armor, even with 9mil slash from maim bs will kill faster.

4xcorrosive projection no armor....... wen u killing on 20k cryo on pluto over lvl 250  in range of 45 meters... they die instantlly...they should at least improve ash duration of smoke screen then

30 minutes ago, ashrah said:

4xcorrosive projection no armor....... wen u killing on 20k cryo on pluto over lvl 250  in range of 45 meters... they die instantlly...they should at least improve ash duration of smoke screen then

people keep saying this....there is nothing wrong with smoke screen at all. We should not be trying to balance the game around level 250 mobs. At level 250 all of the frames should feel like paper in reality. If we're going to work on scaling, which isn't actually a part of the conversation concerning the rework of the bladestorm skill, we should rescale the mobs at levels we normally encounter not mobs we encounter only after extreme long endless missions.

I should rephrase, since I'm guilty of the phrasing too, "we" should just discuss it, the developers are the ones who do the work. All we're doing is talking it over amongst ourselves and hoping they hear us. Which they normally do.

Edited by Babellon

20 minutes ago, ashrah said:

u blalance things before u realese it...ppl by good stuff investe in it then get nuked ending up with something what they would not buy...ppl see that...

That's so wrong on so many levels.

Due to the changing nature of Warframe, sometimes new weapons or mods can cause a big unexpected issue, as seen with Mirage and Ssimulor.

Ash was released in closed beta, At first glance when he was first released it seemed like a tame idea to have a press 4 to win ability considering corrupted mods weren't yet released, so at first ash's bladestorm never really did the damage or the range it now has.

also this game is still in beta, which means that everything has the possibility to change, DE has stated that more than once.

23 minutes ago, Midrib said:

Ash was released in closed beta, At first glance when he was first released it seemed like a tame idea to have a press 4 to win ability considering corrupted mods weren't yet released, so at first ash's bladestorm never really did the damage or the range it now has.

And Ash only did slashing damage back then, by himself, not finisher damage with extra clones to help. Bladestorm was overdue for a rework. I'm thrilled about trying out the new changes.

As an Ash main that HATES BladeStorm i say Ash is good and will always be good even if BLADESTORM gets totally removed, its just an extra nuke and nothing else...... ...................extra Nuke ... Trump will love that line!

Just give Ash a try by only using Teleport, and Shuriken mixed with explosive Hikou Prime (Concealed Explosives mod). i am sure you'll like that if you're into the Ninja/ stealth Assassin playstyle with an American touch (the explosions, duh)

Edited by (PS4)ArnnFrost

It would be interesting if they made Ash's Bladestorm just summon specters of himself who spam teleport and use Ash's melee weapon (with mods) for a short duration so that it's thematically the same while not being obnoxious or overpowered for that matter, and made Ash's Shuriken scale with pistol mods if and only if Ash has throwing knives equipped, similar to how Atlas's landslide scales from weapon mods, killing two birds with one stone: Shuriken will see much more use without the augment and there's a reason to use throwing knives again.

But one can only hope.

I don't use Ash I'm not a fan of all the more bland 1st generation Warframes but every Warframe has their place in the game.

If some magical reason he unfortunately losses some effectiveness in certain roles, that doesn't mean he's "useless", by any stretch of the imagination.
(Think of it as he goes from 80% to 70% at X role, but some people take that as 0% sometimes for some reason lol.)

Again, what's a "good" Warframe and what-isn't, is completely subjective and relative to the person. I am really glad though you went into detail on what made him "good" for you so we have something to work off of!

But in the grand scheme of things, I wouldn't worry. Just about every "rework" (well mostly just QoL changes since the only ability overhauled and created from scratch was Excalibur's Exhausted Blade), have all been pretty positive and benefited every Warframe affected thus far (Just look at some of the crazy builds for Sayrn and Nekros!).

So if that's telling us anything, I'm more then sure his tweaks to Bladestorm should open up new venues on how we consider to build him and give us more flexibility with said modding, especially in the personal/specialized build department.