Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banning

(PSN)LadyAnon_

Question

For input from everyone mainly (DE)

My friend was taking care of rl problem since his friend was depressed and kept her from doing something stupid. they reported and he's saying he got a message and he might be getting banned for being afk during law. His own words, her life is more important then warframe and he has spent 300 pounds on the game. would he get banned for taking care of real life issues preventing someone from ending there life and these guys reports him for being afk? which is important a game or someone's life? please input from everyone  even DE since he might get banned

1 minute ago, MentossGER said:

You cant be reported for being afk

well he got a message from warframe that he might get banned. he's been saying his goodbyes to warframe players so far today cause a whole lobby reported him 2 days ago and then message from warframe today

Edited by (PS4)LadyAnon_
damn auto

1 minute ago, Shinobu_Scorpion said:

You can report afk players to support actually. Though I can only imagine what kind of people would still report it because of something like this.

ikr, he laughed about report couple days ago now today he's not really laughing. he's a Mr rank 20 or 21 that's alot of game time

2 minutes ago, MentossGER said:

I once reported someone for being afk but the support sayed that they cant do anything about it.

But maybe they changed it...

yea just to ban afk. your not exploiting your not hacking or cheating or harassing anyone. if he gets banned I'm gonna end up quiting aswell. I can see why vets left Banning on the most stupid reasons....

1 minute ago, Zachles said:

How hard is it to close out of the game though? When I have to leave for work or something, I just alt+tab and close the window via the task bar. Takes less than five seconds.

close out.... you hassle to comfort someone who is depressed af and you worry about the game..... gtfo of here.  I would have rushed aswell to go to her place to calm her down.... this is ps4 not computer

2 minutes ago, Zachles said:

How hard is it to close out of the game though? When I have to leave for work or something, I just alt+tab and close the window via the task bar. Takes less than five seconds.

Did you even read the first post? You leaving for work isnt an emergency.

4 minutes ago, Zachles said:

First off, they are on PS4. There is no alt+tab.

And if you read the post, these situations are not exactly comparable. You having to leave for work doesn't compare to rushing to a friend who is about to take their life.

Just now, (PS4)LadyAnon_ said:

close out.... you hassle to comfort someone who is depressed af and you worry about the game..... gtfo of here.  I would have rushed aswell to go to her place to calm her down.... this is ps4 not computer

I'm not trying to bash anyone lol, but it literally does not take that long to exit out of the game, console or not. Hell, if anything, just hit the power button on the PS4 and leave. I doubt the time it would take to exit the game and leave would really have any influence on how long it would take you to get to where you're going.

I understand it's a crappy situation, but c'mon, think about it before you start telling me to get the f*ck out of the thread lol. I understand personal feelings, he's your friend, but you got to look at it objectively.

6 minutes ago, MentossGER said:

I once reported someone for being afk but the support sayed that they cant do anything about it.

But maybe they changed it...

yea just to ban afk. your not exploiting your not hacking or cheating or harassing anyone. if he gets banned I'm gonna end up quiting aswell. I can see why vets left Banning on the most stupid reasons....

Just now, Aristical said:

Did you even read the first post? You leaving for work isnt an emergency.

exactly some people don't even read stuff, yet they post stupid crap. trying help him out from opinions from others even DE that needs to say something on here aswell. so I can let him know what will happen

Just now, Shinobu_Scorpion said:

First off, they are on PS4. There is no alt+tab.

And if you read the post, these situations are not exactly comparable. You having to leave for work doesn't compare to rushing to a friend who is about to take their life.

PS4s have power buttons, don't they? Gist is, if you're in such a hurry to leave, just hit the damn thing lol.

I'm not saying it is comparable, I never said it was.

Just now, Zachles said:

PS4s have power buttons, don't they? Gist is, if you're in such a hurry to leave, just hit the damn thing lol.

It's what is implied. The last thing you think about in a situation like this is "Hey, let me turn this off because people might get mad about a game." The first thing you do is rush out, you aren't thinking about anything other than getting to the person and saving their life.

1 minute ago, Zachles said:

If your house was on fire would you shut off your pc? If your significant other just got into a really bad accident would you stop to turn off your pc? If someone you knew closely was threatening to take thier life would you waste the time to shut off your pc? If you answered yes to any of those that shows that you care less about other people than you think.

58 minutes ago, Zachles said:

I'm not trying to bash anyone lol, but it literally does not take that long to exit out of the game, console or not. Hell, if anything, just hit the power button on the PS4 and leave. I doubt the time it would take to exit the game and leave would really have any influence on how long it would take you to get to where you're going.

I understand it's a crappy situation, but c'mon, think about it before you start telling me to get the f*ck out of the thread lol. I understand personal feelings, he's your friend, but you got to look at it objectively.

Objectively, and I think I can speak for DE here too, the player in question was not in the wrong, and the game is not that important. Any form of ban for his AFKing is out of the question, and if it does happen to come up, it would be reversed if the player contacted support.

As someone who has been down that stupid road, your friend did a good thing OP.

If he get banned he should contact support with the reason why he went afk. 

He will probably not get banend unless he goes afk all the time with strangers.

The best is to be with squad mate you know and explain why you are leaving.

I had to go afk when my daughter start acting weird( super sick super suddenly) once. I explained myself because we missed events mods by 30 second because of that.

The reaction from the fellow tenno actualy surprised me. They asked what happen and if my daughter was allright.

PS: ive been down the path of darkness before believe me someone helping you can make a huge difference your friend did well.

Edited by trunks013

Just now, Shinobu_Scorpion said:

It's what is implied. The last thing you think about in a situation like this is "Hey, let me turn this off because people might get mad about a game." The first thing you do is rush out, you aren't thinking about anything other than getting to the person and saving their life.

Sure, I get that. It's a sucky situation, I admit. Hopefully DE will understand.

Just now, Aristical said:

If your house was on fire would you shut off your pc? If your significant other just got into a really bad accident would you stop to turn off your pc? If someone you knew closely was threatening to take thier life would you waste the time to shut off your pc? If you answered yes to any of those that shows that you care less about other people than you think.

If there's nothing I can do about the situation, then no, I wouldn't. If my girlfriend got into a car accident, what is my presence going to do to change anything? Or if my house is on fire? I can't do anything in those situations.

Helping a friend in need is something that I can do, so yeah, I'd take the extra five seconds to shut off my PC/console. Again, the time you spend doing that really has no effect on where you're going and how long it's going to take you to get there. That's comparable to turning off your TV before leaving the house, or grabbing your keys - something you would do as you walk out the door.

Also, you have to remember, the people who reported aforementioned individual probably did not know about their situation, so no wonder they got reported. In a trial mission, no less. If they did, then I kinda doubt OPs friend would be in this situation.

1 minute ago, trunks013 said:

If he get banned he should contact support with the reason why he went afk. 

He will probably not get banend unless he goes afk all the time with strangers.

The best is to be with squad mate you know and explain why you are leaving.

I had to go afk when my daughter start acting weird( super sick super suddenly) once. I explained myself because we missed events mods by 30 second because of that.

The reaction from the fellow tenno actualy surprised me. They asked what happen and if my daughter was allright.

ok thanks mate, hope things comes out good

3 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Objectively, and I think I can speak for DE here too, the player in question was not in the wrong, and the game is not that important. Any form of ban for his AFKing is out of the question, and if it does happen to come up, it would be reversed if the player contacted support.

As someone who has been down that stupid road, your friend did a good thing OP.

No, yeah, I totally get it. I'm just trying to point out that for the future the situation could probably be avoided. I hope it works out for the best for OPs friend and the friend of OPs friend. I'm not trying to be a cold hearted #$&(%, I'm objectively pointing out how to best avoid the problem.

I've never been in the situation before, so I cannot be as objective as is possible to be, so I'll just walk out the thread lol. Hopefully it gets resolved. :) Good luck OP.