Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Borrowing a clan's research

OCFM

Question

Im desperate for chroma and the only thing i need is volt neuroptics but I have to do the volt research first then the volt neuroptic research AND THEN i have to make it. I was thinking, can I just go to someones clan and just grab the blueprint for the volt neuroptics (since they already did the research for it) without joining their clan?

14 answers to this question

37 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

What's to trust? Letting someone join at the lowest rank so they can buy blueprints doesn't risk anything for a clan.

Well, I'm guessing they aren't expecting a new recruit to just join, take whatever they want from the research tanks, and then wave goodbye. Presumably they expect both sides to benefit from the membership - otherwise, why invite them in?  The research they're walking away with doesn't diminish the clan any, it's still available to all members.  But that research cost clan members time and effort, in terms of what they had to do to earn the credits, farm the resources, and so on, and the new recruit takes advantage of that work while returning nothing.

Again, I salute @Noamuth above. I admire his attitude, but I still think his (or her) largess is uncommon.

14 hours ago, Noamuth said:

If you're not the only member of your clan, you can leave, join someone elses, build the clan key and 12 hours later, get the Volt Neuroptics, bail and rejoin your old clan.

I've done it before, never had an issue. 

That and spend another 12 hours after switching back to rebuild your key again.

But yeah, that 12 hour clan key lockout is the only penalty for changing clans for research.

6 minutes ago, FierceRadiance said:

Well, I'm guessing they aren't expecting a new recruit to just join, take whatever they want from the research tanks, and then wave goodbye. Presumably they expect both sides to benefit from the membership - otherwise, why invite them in?  The research they're walking away with doesn't diminish the clan any, it's still available to all members.  But that research cost clan members time and effort, in terms of what they had to do to earn the credits, farm the resources, and so on, and the new recruit takes advantage of that work while returning nothing.

Again, I salute @Noamuth above. I admire his attitude, but I still think his (or her) largess is uncommon.

*shrug* I'm a single member clan, I invite people who need stuff and let them leave whenever they want, as long as my clan size stays under 10 it's no problem to me.