The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Be Wary: No Reward Bug

Kasamoto

"one step forward, one step backward!"

warframe programmers' motto.

fix some bugs, add some bugs.

When you're dealing with tens of thousands of lines of code, changing 1 little variable can screw lots of stuff up if done improperly and sometimes the problem isn't apparent right off the bat.

tl:dr; cut them a little slack. It isn't as easy as it sounds.

Just finished building my Banshee and forma'd my Latron Prime.  Did a Kiliken to wave 10.  It showed that both had reached rank 4 but both were still unranked afterwards.  This was my first mission of the day.  Just tried a second time and still no luck.  I'm not going to waste my time any longer playing for naught.  

P.S. My friend and I also got the 50% off reward today. 

Initial reports were well before that. At first we though it was on first daily win (which would explain why there were more after login rewards reset) but a number of people have reported this has happened to them multiple times.

After 8 PM this bug would have affected every player because the login rewards reset. Before this time the reports would have been staggered as players were all playing their first mission at different times. This is how the problem was narrowed down to be related to this reset.

on one occasion, a friend and i finished a eurasia-earth-defense mission and proceeded to exit with tier 2 void keys.

however, on exiting, it proceeded to blackscreen and then continue the mission to failure.

upon alt-f4ing i discovered that i indeed kept the key but my friend somehow acquired three of them.

not sure if related.

Just ran a mission on Proteus, Endless Defense Infested. Host changed Mid-game around wave 14-15. Things started to lag, stutter-stepping mobs, the usual. Ended the mission, got around 20kish exp for frame and the mission reward was Thunderbolt. I relogged once, noticed that after changing to my dread to equip the new mod, didn't see it. after the relog my weapon was reverted to my Torid. Another relog and it was my dread...but still no mod/s or exp increase from mission. Lost it all.

After 8 PM this bug would have affected every player because the login rewards reset. Before this time the reports would have been staggered as players were all playing their first mission at different times. This is how the problem was narrowed down to be related to this reset.

If it affects every player, then why didn't it hit me, who did at least 10 missions tonight?

And why are we all getting 50% coupons on today's roll? lol that can't be right, that everybody gets the same roll?

EDIT: Also, MAYBE unrelated, I noted something odd happened with my XP too....

My Skana was 26 with about 10% towards 27.

I was getting about 1,000 to 1,200 XP per run, right?

The run in which my Friend failed to receive his Orokin Cell from Ruk, I noticed that my Skana was suddenly 27 with at least 15%-20% towards 28.

There's no reason it should have jumped that high suddenly, when it was moving at about 5-10% per run (we were rushing Ruk because we'd killed him like 10+ times last night trying to get the cells to make Reaper Prime).

Edited by Xylia

A fix has been made live to the game, the problem was the daily first mission complete reward was overriding all other drops for that same mission.

I've looped support in on what happened for those of you who have made tickets. Please let me know of any more occurrences, I'll be standing by in this thread!

A fix has been made live to the game, the problem was the daily first mission complete reward was overriding all other drops for that same mission.

I've looped support in on what happened for those of you who have made tickets. Please let me know of any more occurrences, I'll be standing by in this thread!

GJ guys :)

Is the daily first mission reward new as I have never even noticed it before? xD

A fix has been made live to the game, the problem was the daily first mission complete reward was overriding all other drops for that same mission.I've looped support in on what happened for those of you who have made tickets. Please let me know of any more occurrences, I'll be standing by in this thread!

Noted. Thank you DERebecca for your hard work! Lets all work hand in hand to make Warframe a better game for everyone!

I just did a Tower II Raid with a couple friends, the significant drop from the run was a Split Chamber mod (my first one). I would greatly appreciate if this problem could be fixed and I could get my missing mod. :) 

Thanks and keep up the good work DE.

I think it's still a valid concern that people reported the issue happening more than once. I have a theory but it may rely to heavily on coincidence. It would be possible for this uset to have this bug occur twice:

Once before the 8 PM reset (first mission of the day bug still applies between 1 PM EDT hotfix and 8 PM EDT reset), and once after 8 PM reset.

When you're dealing with tens of thousands of lines of code, changing 1 little variable can screw lots of stuff up if done improperly and sometimes the problem isn't apparent right off the bat.

tl:dr; cut them a little slack. It isn't as easy as it sounds.

i know, i know.

human can do mistakes.

i can deal with some bugs.

but i'm heartbroken by someone who promised me to fix, for example, control panel lockdown which forces me to waste time i spent doing the mission several times.

• "Hi valkrein,

Thanks for the bug report, I will forward this on to the rest of the dev team to take a look at.

Thank you for supporting Warframe!"

March 04, 2013 16:40

a few months later which is today, i still found this bug.

No word as to why so many people got the same item out of the daily roll?

What about those of us who lost items that wasn't on our first mission of the day?

I don't know, sorry.

Our database would have read any missions played after 8 PM EDT as your first mission of the day based on our timeclock. Before 8 PM, it also could have read another mission as this "first mission". If you have been affected by either one of these possibilities, it's best to contact support.

The database will read "first missions" differently than players living and logging in throughout the day. This is because the DB uses UTC clock.

yep just got on from work got a fury,killing blow, and something else rare from a defense mission leveled my frame up a bit and all disappeared when i got back to the main screen.

Did this happen after 11:14 PM ish? Or before?

What about the friend's "Could not Update Account Info. Progress was not saved" error?

Is that related to this in any way?

Or is that just "something that happens"?

It is unlikely this error is related. This error usually happens with connection interruptions, some of which can be identified through EE.log files submitted through support.

@DERebecca:

OK, thanks. I'll tell him.

He didn't really lose anything important enough to really get upset over, but this + the first win error... meh.

Oh and he tells me that it Could have been the _other_ mission that he lost the Cell from, too. lol. we'll just assume that this was the problem and hope its fixed!

Thanks for releasing the fix so quickly! Barely two and a half hours, poof, fixed already. Awesome.

Same thing as Teddybear, I know it showed lvl 20 on my supra but after I checked in arsenal still showed 16, was a defense mission on Venus Kiliken, upstairs with pod in the middle completed mission to wave 20 (and to be clear did not mistake wave number for rank number of my Supra.)

by any chance... will those who farmed their butt off in defense missions get their rewards back?

cause it really bothered me that I lost 57 mods finishing wave 30.... (I sent the picture through ticket that it was indeed 57 mods)