Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where to level unranked warframes

BaIthazar

Question

with Draco changed, I'm having a hard time getting myself to bring unranked frames into missions.
I've used Hieracon Pluto to max out a couple of weapons, but I'm not comfortable with the idea of bringing an unranked frame into Hieracon.

I'm looking for a mission where unranked frames and weapons can get a decent amount of exp, without having to worry about using up all my revives.

anyone have any suggestions?

12 answers to this question

Lately I've found going 15-25 waves with a full squad on Akkad, Eris is a great spot for leveling your frame, weapons and focus. My advice is simply keep at least 1 maxed weapon when doing this though.

Another thing I want to say before doing this is that it is a Defense mission on PS4 with a nice XP bonus for melee kills. I don't know if it is the same on PC.

15 minutes ago, HatsuneMikan said:

So you're saying you cant level up frames properly without Draco?

I never said that.
what I'm saying is:

"Why take the high road when you can take the bullet train"

-Balthazar 2016

Edited by BaIthazar

Spy missions can net large chunks of XP running solo especially with Dread and Stealth Affinity bonuses.

I also run the Survival on Saturn - Titan solo.

In all honesty, with the implementation of Mastery Rank and equivalent mod points, a warframe is nowhere near as squishy as it used to be fresh out the Foundry or Forma'd. I find running the high level Dark Sectors with pugs is terrible for ranking gear up unless you are all doing it because most are doing 5 waves/1 extractor/5 mins for creds.

I notice recruiting chat has a "CP leech" position for I think bere?  Which I imagine just means "have corrosive projection on and otherwise just sit there and leech affinity"

Also to the above poster, yes that is partially true, but your health and shield are still 1/3 of a 30 frame

Edited by Callback

I always use Oceanum, Pluto for weapons [4 runs to max out a weapon with booster, 8 without] and Akkad, Eris for Warframes, sometimes a combination of the two starting with Oceanum for some initial points to unlock the powers, and then Akkad for the rest. With a booster one, you can level a frame in 2-3 20 waves run depending on how much killing is done. 

Edited by aligatorno

For Solo, Eris - Zabala.

Ceres used to be much better but if you're just looking to lvl a frame simply use melee, Hammer's Crushing Ruin or Heavy Blade Tempo work well, anything with some AoE CC on it.

You can stay 5 min or 10min. I usually do 10min for two rolls on 400 Endo. You can get more exp than Akad and the CC from your melee will protect you from taking more damage than you can handle.

I do this with most of my frames till they are viable for Heriacon.