Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How hard are sorties?

Callback

Question

I tried to join a group yesterday but it seemed really disorganized and fell apart quickly.  First they wanted to go when we had only recruited 3 members, is that doable?  Second they wanted to go as soon as the group was formed instead of organizing frame setup and strategy first.  Is that normal?  I would think that for "bow only defense" you would arrange like a Frost Loki Trinity core, and pick something good for damage or extra cc for the last slot.  Also trying to talk augments since I don't have the new snow globe one yet, seeing who would be best to Frost.

Speaking of Frost, which is better for a globe build?  Squall or aurora?  +75 armor vs +15% power strength.

Anyway, back to sorties.  They seem like the kind of thing where you at least want to organize a basic team composition before starting, right?  Like at least as much care as you would put into a T4D run back when the void was good.

2 minutes ago, Callback said:

I know I don't need it, Frost was plenty useful before it existed.  I'm asking in a group situation where somebody else DOES have it and I don't if I should defer to them for Frost tho.

I guess... It really isn't that big a deal. Honestly, there is no problem with there being two Frosts. I'm not sure how often other players will actually select Frost.

The key is to not overcomplicate things.

Sorties aren't raids. You don't need to be super organized. Heck, I spent a month soloing Sorties with my Oberon.

What you need is to bring the proper elemental damages, bring the proper weapon types (IE: don't bring pure elemental on elemental enhancement sorties), keep yourself alive, and keep your mods as updated and ranked as possible. Yes, you will need to be at a certain rank before you will be able to contribute as much as others. No way around that.

You don't need fancy frame builds. You don't need fancy team compositions. Very rarely is there anything challenging enough to even remotely require it.

One of the keys is recognizing which sorties require you to kill everything and which you can complete while killing almost nothing.  Sometimes they throw a really tough one at you, like Bow only Corpus Excavation.  In general though not that hard once you know the cheese strats and have a potatoed frame and a good weapon.

I always play with randoms unless it's spy.  It's more fun and efficient.  Sometimes you just need a warm body to kill stuff while you cheese it or you want more enemies spawning for more xp.