Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

best way to farm a better archwing build?

zoobmer

Question

so say someone has the beginner archwing loadout. what is the best way to farm better loadouts, as well as mods, and whatever else they need, in order to improve their ability to play archwing missions?

Spoiler

I'm really not a fan of archwing, but I need to do the jordus and war within quests, so I need a better loadout. I also got the velocitus already.

15 answers to this question

Mission to exp : salacia on neptune

Best archwing :

• odonata (prime) is for jordas golem (because of its shield that increase damage)
  • Itzal is for the loot (thanks to its vacuum)
  • elytron is for the huge AOE damage and tankyness
  • amesha is for mobile defense and to be immortal (and cover your team)

Best arch-gun :

• Grattler / velocitus for the high damage and crit (velocitus deals more but is slower & safer)
  • cyngas deals insane damage (but not good against bosses)
  • fluctus for AOE damage (or rather "line")

Best arch-melee

• centaur because... crit

You can get ANY archwing from the dojo (unless odonata prime) and all weapons are found either in the dojo or in the syndicates offering. (unless imperator vandal, event weapon)

gte cyngas or fluctus, the railgun you have is like snipers, they're very good at taking out single targets. sinpers aren't really good in AW, just use it in the jordas fight

as for the build, there aren't THAT much mods to use, here're my builds for all 4 AW:

YqgaMAD.jpg

8Wtm01I.jpg

IKglNfY.jpg

QxSTSfK.jpg

as for melee. everyone says "ewww, centaur centaur!" but in the reality, every AW melee can 1-2 hit anything with all the right mods, stats doesn't matter that much. there are a lot of melee types, choose what you like the most (look-wise) and go for it. all of them can be good. personally, I got for the rathbone (badass name and a badass huge hammer) and the prisma veritux (cool shiny sword) 

Edited by GinKenshin

18 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

@Trichouette @GinKenshin

a big part of the problem, as mentioned in my original post, is that I don't have enough mods. I need mod farming tips as well.

was @Trichouette said. there's really no farm tips, just kill stuff. and I recommend bringing itzal to suck all the mods you might've missed. try the INT on uranus since it's basically an endless mission 

11 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Run salacia for corpus mods, and exter grineer for grineer mods.

what are the planets for those?

9 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

was @Trichouette said. there's really no farm tips, just kill stuff. and I recommend bringing itzal to suck all the mods you might've missed. try the INT on uranus since it's basically an endless mission 

you seriously expect me to do interception with my current build? do you know how mad people will be that I can't even carry my own weight? I'd rather avoid that node forever.

2 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

you seriously expect me to do interception with my current build? do you know how mad people will be that I can't even carry my own weight? I'd rather avoid that node forever.

Salacia is on neptune, sadly the mission is quite hard without amesha and/or elytron

Otherwise, just run sabotage corpus & extermination grineer to get the basic mods (health shield damage)

And seriously consider crafting amesha/elytron and the cyngas, that weapon can destroy everything with 2 mods

1 hour ago, ZBanx said:

welp, if it's THAT hard, I can help you out if you want. can give you free mods too 

The key to getting a full set of Archwing mods is simple, but unfortunate if you don't like Archwing:  You just have to play a lot.

You used to have to play Archwing missions in order to farm most of the weapons and Elytron, and that was more than enough to collect a full set of basic mods as well.  But now that you don't have to grind for those items you just have to play Archwing for its own sake.

However, like others have already said, bringing Itzal will help make sure you don't miss any drops.  As a bonus, it will keep things interesting because you'll be close to death at all times.

10 hours ago, Buff00n said:

However, like others have already said, bringing Itzal will help make sure you don't miss any drops.  As a bonus, it will keep things interesting because you'll be close to death at all times.

people keep saying that, but no one has mentioned if it's an active ability or a passive one, or a toggle.

1 minute ago, ZBanx said:

people keep saying that, but no one has mentioned if it's an active ability or a passive one, or a toggle.

Itzal's power 3, 'Cosmic Crush', pulls enemies towards you and damages them.  It also pulls pickups towards you.  It's a one-shot power, not a toggle.  Think temporary black hole.

20 minutes ago, Buff00n said:

Itzal's power 3, 'Cosmic Crush', pulls enemies towards you and damages them.  It also pulls pickups towards you.  It's a one-shot power, not a toggle.  Think temporary black hole.

okay, I don't know how helpful that ability will be, but it's worth a try. are the range and duration good?

1 hour ago, ZBanx said:

okay, I don't know how helpful that ability will be, but it's worth a try. are the range and duration good?

Collecting pickups in Archwing is hard, even on the close quarters Corpus missions.  Loot detector works, but it doesn't do a good job in three dimensions.  And loot is scattered much farther than in normal missions.  Think of Itzal's 3 as the only Archwing equivalent to Vacuum.

If you're looking for loot then more range is always better for Itzal's 3.  If you get in trouble then range also helps with Itzal's 1 in order to GTFO.  

Duration doesn't matter for Itzal's 3 or 1, but it does matter on Itzal's 2 and 4, which are useful if you want to stay up close and personal.  There aren't that many other Archwing mods, so there's really no reason not to max both out if you can.