Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros soul punch augment change

Rhino

This might be a really stupid idea but...

I kind of feel as if the soul punch augment to revive allies is not that useful or is not widely used by nekros players. ( I might be wrong and this whole concept it totally stupid)

Here is my rework:

enemies killed by soul punch will be revived as an addition to an already active SOTD 

ranking the mod increases how many enemies you can add to your army of the dead

rank 1: 2 enemies added

rank 2: 4 enemies added

rank 3 : 6 enemies added  

it will take 9 mod space

Shadows raised by the soul punch augment give the same buffs as with other shadows *the plus 6% dmg distribution thing* and health decays at the same rate as other shadows

can't revive bursas / capture targets / assassination targets/

ill go die in a hole now...

Nobody said we can't have multiple augments... and maybe then in the far distant future we'll get cool things that are not 90% bandaid. Like this idea btw. But it should be more of a heal to already existing shadows otherwise this pretty much voids out your 4th ability.

Edited by maj.death

I got this idea when i was watching the nekros prime trailer. the soul punched target got raised as part of the army. Also explains why there are so many shadows compared to in game cap of 7. Nekros prime simply had this augment on and could raise even more shadows.

Totally useless in my opinion.

Why ? because soul punch can't kill anything past a certain level.

If it was an ability dealing a %hp damage, sure why not, but 1500 impact damage (with all strength mods) won't help you kill a lvl 80 grineer bombard for example.

And as maj.death said, devs never stated if abilities will only have 1 augment or more, but I like the current one and I use it on my default nekros build :p

15 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Totally useless in my opinion.

Why ? because soul punch can't kill anything past a certain level.

If it was an ability dealing a %hp damage, sure why not, but 1500 impact damage (with all strength mods) won't help you kill a lvl 80 grineer bombard for example.

And as maj.death said, devs never stated if abilities will only have 1 augment or more, but I like the current one and I use it on my default nekros build :p

It could apply a debuff with X duration and if the enemy dies during it, it revives as a shadow.

Just now, Naftal said:

It could apply a debuff with X duration and if the enemy dies during it, it revives as a shadow.

I know that is a solution, but OP didn't precise that :p
(that's what I thought at first when I read his idea and then he said "killed by soulpunch"...)

Just now, Trichouette said:

I know that is a solution, but OP didn't precise that :p
(that's what I thought at first when I read his idea and then he said "killed by soulpunch"...)

Or alternatively they could make soul punch instakill an enemy if they have X% or less hp.

1 minute ago, Naftal said:

thats a good idea...i suck at coming up with concepts. Tell me to make a warframe concept and i will either make an ash or an excaliber

Imo he should be reworked to have his Soul Punch doing something similar already.

Abilities that only become useful because of its augments.. those augments are called band-aid mods. 'Must haves'.

I don't have another augment suggestion for his Soul Punch, but make no mistake, I love punching my allies back up on their feet. I aim at their butt to make it more 'realistic'. Tap dat @$$ xD

1 minute ago, SAYMYNAMELOUDLY said:

OR:

terrified enemies are instakilled below 50% health by soulpunch and are revived?

Better to make the instakill built into normal Soul Punch, make it require 30% or less hp (so you can't cheese with aoe viral procs) and doesn't need terrify.