Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hate vs war ?

Pmueck3

Question

17 answers to this question

You see, in warframe, it completely doesn't matter what frame you pick or what weapon you choose, or heck, what damage you do. As long as the enemy dies, it's good. However, to save time people prefer weapons that melt others easier, so if you are the type of person who likes to have fun with the game and take their time, go ahead with the Hate, it won't matter. But if you want to be as efficient as possible, use the War if you like. 

1 hour ago, Dan2Rock4 said:

You see, in warframe, it completely doesn't matter what frame you pick or what weapon you choose, or heck, what damage you do. As long as the enemy dies, it's good. However, to save time people prefer weapons that melt others easier, so if you are the type of person who likes to have fun with the game and take their time, go ahead with the Hate, it won't matter. But if you want to be as efficient as possible, use the War if you like. 

Lovely. Well said. Amazing.

I'd upvote you more if I could. +1.

Scythes have trash-tier stances, Heavy Blades have two of the best stances in the game (Cleaving Whirlwind for raw DPS and Tempo Royale for overall effectiveness). The same holds true for Broken War, as Crimson Dervish boosts its effective base damage above Hate's crit damage while hitting at the same speed, and Vengeful Revenant hits at about two or three times the speed of any Scythe stance, so its fewer crits matter little.

Edited by Dreddeth

6 hours ago, Pmueck3 said:

Since i have made a stalker look (exept for the helmet D:) but now i'm missing the melee , now ofcourse i want the best of the 2 melee that makes the stalker , his hate scythe or war. tried both and love em both

Already been said but for the most part (at least anything short of sorties and t4 void) you can mostly just base your choice on looks and style alone. 

Since you have both and love em both then I don't think there's a wrong answer there.

Now if you're planning to go do some heavy melee usage against enemies that require a bit of beating on, of the 2 you'd want the War.

Unless you're planning to run an Exalted Blade build and then the weapon would just be a "stat stick" and again it won't matter. Although an EB build wouldn't be very "stalkery" so I am guessing not, heh.

As to your Stalker Cosplay, if you're in need of a helmet selection there I'd recommend the Mordred Helmet. 

I use it for my "anti-stalker/cleansed stalker" excal cosplay/fashion frame. Seemed like the closest option to me.

Spoiler

90011B06BBCABEBFF24E0C68191FB95ABD8199A8 (1680×1050)

Here's what it would look like in Stalker-ish colors

Spoiler

3B0FDF3856A5052D6769788E6574F75ABF5A08EA (1680×1050)

Edited by Rolunde
typo

Your choice in weapon or frame doesn't matter up to a point but they very much matter after that point.

In terms of the two weapons....

War using Tempo or Cleaving will one shot enemies at a higher level than Hate however Hate being 70% Slashing damage with OK status and good crit is going to perform better against Heavily armored enemies. Once War can not longer one shot armored enemies, Hate will begin to pull ahead. Of course you likely won't see the difference unless you go past Sorties level enemies.

Outside armored enemies War is better than Hate but this is mostly due to stance and weapon reach.

The only physical damage type that will make any real difference against all factions is Slash, this is esp true for melee weapons.

It doesn't matter when Slash takes a -50% penalty to alloy because a Bleed proc produces 245% of your total base damage which bypasses armor and shields. As example I was fighting lvl 320 enemies in the Index last week and was killing them without removing even half their shields.

Honestly any physical damage type that isn't Slash should be considered a negative against the weapon.