Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Powerfists And Mine Ospereys Are Worthless Enemy Types.

Aspari

The Powerfist could die one thousand deaths before he'll hit you. There's really no point of him existing if he's going to pause for 2 seconds before even attempting to strike at you. Mine Ospereys don't even do anything except be harder to hit than other enemy types since they fly. Their mines take forever to detonate and they hardly do damage if you decide to stand in place for the 10 to 15 seconds it takes for them to explode.

Agreed 80%.

The Powerfist is less of an issue in smaller groups, and less of an issue when you're paying attention, but he fills the niche (but important) role of that one enemy that ruins the day of someone fully preoccupied with fighting something else. That one enemy that everybody mocks, looks down on and otherwise derides, but in truth has the most potential to pulverize your face when there are more than one of them, at least within their respective faction. That said, they do need some adjustment, and a bit faster of a swing time would be a step in the right direction.

Mine Ospreys really, really need some adjustment. The mines are really only capable of damaging one thing: Warframe Cryopods in Defense. Some sort of proximity trigger and a quicker detonation is definitely in order, though once that change is made a damage increase is definitively out of the question. Not with how many mines get laid down as quickly as they do.

Mine Ospreys are really badly implemented. Even in groups all they force you to do is either duck in a corner and fire at their sluggish flights or just jump over their incredibly slow and low-impact attacks. So what if they leave a field of mines? They rarely even detonate quick enough for you to be anywhere near them. They're pesky in defence only because you can't really stop them putting damage down even when they've already been demolished.

Agreed. As for the powerfist, maybe making them able to be invisible till they're behind you, could be nice. As for mine ospreys, how about making the mines actually do some damage, right now the damage is negligible at best.

Agreed. As for the powerfist, maybe making them able to be invisible till they're behind you, could be nice. As for mine ospreys, how about making the mines actually do some damage, right now the damage is negligible at best.

Hmm, I was thinking about invisibility too. Also the mines from the ospreys could actually act like mines and blow up when you walk on them, it would kind of make sense. The should be harder to see though, people wouldn't accidentally step on giant glowing orbs.

Powerfists are more for sneaking up on you when you're trying to deal with a Bombard, Napalm, Heavy Gunner, etc.

You're zoomed in trying to snipe the heavy grineer from afar because those guys dang well hurt up close and here comes a powerfist up behind you. WHAM! WHAM! if you don't notice him fast enough.

But then Dethcube usually vaporizes the stupid thing, but sometimes there's 2-3 of them and he'll vaporize one and I'll think they're gone......nope. a couple hits and I'm seeing red on the edges of my screen, and I'm like "OUCH, what the......oh, okay. Die."

Then after that sometimes I take a rocket in the back of my head because I forgot about the Bombard I was trying to deal with before then.

Mine Ospreys?

They are annoying. I think that's the intention. They're annoying and sometimes those bombs if laid in the right spot can make it hard for you to regen shields if you need to duck and cover to get out of the pew pew.... NOPE! There's like 10 mines laying near all the crates. have fun trying to regenerate your shields with those things going off.

Also, I hate it when there's a Shield Osprey mixed in with like 3 Mine Ospreys....grrrrrr. The stupid Mine Ospreys usually end up protecting the Shield Osprey by flying in front of it.

Working as Intended IMO.

Powerfists are more for sneaking up on you when you're trying to deal with a Bombard, Napalm, Heavy Gunner, etc.

Sawmen do Powerfist's job a ton better even if they don't knock you down. Even then, both are so squishy that you can sneeze on them and they'll die.

Sawmen do Powerfist's job a ton better even if they don't knock you down. Even then, both are so squishy that you can sneeze on them and they'll die.

I thought powerfists were the ones that have shields and can teleport to your position.

Powerfists: Indeed they are way too slow to do anything right now, and even if they do hit you they actually aren't very punishing. I'd say give them a slightly faster wind-up speed (20% increase in speed), higher damage and guarantee a knock-down if one does hit you.

Mine Ospreys: Their damage shouldn't be increased on its own, as that would simply make them demonic spiders in Defense and still useless in normal missions. Instead, make their mines actually mines, which means they explode if a player touches them (after a very short "ignition" period where they beep rapidly). Increase their damage and even let them stagger players if the explosion hits them, though in return, make it so that mines will simply fizzle and expire if they aren't stepped on for a long enough time instead of exploding like they do right now. This decreases their annoying-ness in Endless Defense and also solves the problem of their extremely loud and irritating chain explosions when the mines expire.

Edited by Madotsuki

What purpose does the Mine Osprey serve outside of combat?  I can understand the MOAs walking around, and the Crew is obviously the crew to the ship.  Most Osprey can be ignored during day to day operations.

However, the Mine Osprey drops mines.  All day long.  (It drops mines if we haven't been noticed, so I must assume that it continues 24/7).  Every day.  That doesn't damage their ships...

What purpose does the Mine Osprey serve outside of combat?  I can understand the MOAs walking around, and the Crew is obviously the crew to the ship.  Most Osprey can be ignored during day to day operations.

However, the Mine Osprey drops mines.  All day long.  (It drops mines if we haven't been noticed, so I must assume that it continues 24/7).  Every day.  That doesn't damage their ships...

Mine Osprey really doesn't need to exist as an enemy type.