The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mediocre weapons that work wonders with enough dedication

Cyborg-Rox

On 6-11-2016 at 3:47 AM, Zachles said:

I want to do this to my Hikou Prime. 

Make sure to get Concealed Explosives. 

Makes the Hikou a real killer.

But keep your distance, as the explosion radius is a LOT larger than it looks, and with fire rate mods you could get yourself downed within a blink of an eye.

28 minutes ago, Hotsebats said:

Make sure to get Concealed Explosives. 

Makes the Hikou a real killer.

But keep your distance, as the explosion radius is a LOT larger than it looks, and with fire rate mods you could get yourself downed within a blink of an eye.

I have Concealed Explosions, and I love it so much lol.

With the build I have, I just need to Forma one time to be able to max my Concealed Explosives. I think anything more than that isn't necessary to be honest.

I kitted out my Sobek. The first time I laid eyes on Acid Shells in my rewards after a mission, I knew I wanted a Sobek and wanted to make it amazing.

It's Forma'd 5 times and it's my go-to weapon for everything. Nothing is more satisfying than shooting one enemy and watching 12 others explode.

I once managed to get my "30 rifle kills" bonus affinity with 2 shells. It was hilarious. 

13 hours ago, (PS4)HAHAHA-OH-WOW said:

I kitted out my Sobek. The first time I laid eyes on Acid Shells in my rewards after a mission, I knew I wanted a Sobek and wanted to make it amazing.

It's Forma'd 5 times and it's my go-to weapon for everything. Nothing is more satisfying than shooting one enemy and watching 12 others explode.

I once managed to get my "30 rifle kills" bonus affinity with 2 shells. It was hilarious. 

I have 4 formas on it, and i love it.

4 hours ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

I have 4 formas on it, and i love it.

I am not the only one, it seems :)

It is still my favorite gun, after all these years.   And the (new?) mods for shotguns and the big shotgun damage buff patch brought it back when I was starting to use other stuff.  

18 hours ago, (PS4)HAHAHA-OH-WOW said:

5 Forma also. Best thing about Sobek's acid shells is sound that enemies make after exploding. xq

Can't wait for Wraith variant (if it ever come).

rIfwDlQ.png

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 3:39 PM, (XB1)Bortis Badtouch said:

oh my god, that damage out put is bad lol

Hmm Ill try to post my setup once I get done with the holiday nonsense, sometime this weekend.

Yes, that is horrid damage.  I think mine hits for well over 10k / shot.  To be honest I have not reviewed it in a while.  Edit... missed the gun, had sobek on my mind, I certainly don't have a 10k/shot violin. 

Edited by jonnin
wrong

Here...   Its not the best mods, but its what I have.  Once in a while I put in the rapid fire mod and make it a true full auto for fun.

I don't see the insert image button. Ill just type it..

6 forma sobek

mods, all maxed:

primed point blank,hells chamber, charged shell, incendiary coat, full contact, seeking fury, blaze, chilling grasp.

damage on paper.. ~6k radiation, 4.1k impact, 2.2k cold, 2.5 fire rate, 10% crit chance. 

It does better than it probably should.  Apart from endless and bosses, it can one shot most stuff, has punch thru and can clear a 3x3 group.  It is forgiving to poor shooting. 

wfbuilder rates it at

total damage

burst dps

sustained dps

Edited by jonnin

On 6.11.2016 at 2:33 AM, Cyborg-Rox said:

and mashes out a crazy 23569 burst DPS, something that's right up there with the Boltor Prime and Soma. Maybe even exceeding them with that nice status chance?

Boltor Prime goes over 30k with the same build so youre overexaggerating a little, nevertheless karak is a good gun.

TBH, unless you're looking to push on into level 200 enemies, a Catalyst and 5+ polarized slots with a decent build for the weapon will carry you right on through anything the game will throw at you with any kind of regularity with just about 90%+ of the weapons in the game. There's still a pretty hefty gap there, between the workable and the "left-click-to-end-the-world" weapons, but y'know, most of 'em will get by okay with investment.

Edited by TheGrimCorsair

I have a 5 forma dera vandal that's a lot of fun. just used it in sortie last night. I don't remember how many forma on my sobek, but with acid shells it's a beast. I use it on mr tests where you need to kill enemies on platforms. 1 kill and the acid explosion kills everyone else nearby. I have 3 on my crit build hate. takes a moment to get going, but not bad honestly (primed fury with beserker helps). my 5 forma hek was my go to status shotgun for a while. I even used it in LoR usually. gotta work on my drakgoon too because it's fun. really, fun is my deciding "stat."(also why I may rebuild the obex. blast makes it a lot of fun. nunchaku too for that matter.)