Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I Loki?

spatakiller123

Question

Well, I might have committed a cardinal sin, I have not ever tried playing Loki for the duration of me playing warframe (about a year or so) However, I have heard quite a lot about him recently..... I think it is time I finally join the master race-Loki is building in my foundry as I speak, I feel that I am on the verge of a new truth.

Anyway, back to my point, I have finally decided to try Loki,how should I build him and how should I play him? This guy must have something amazing up his sleeve to become known as the master race frame.

Edited by spatakiller123

10 answers to this question

Loki is one of the more modding friendly frames since you can completely kill power strength.

Up the duration and range. He has a big energy bank so mod efficiency for taste. It should be fairly easy without any strength mods.

Infinite invisibility (with full sprint speed to boot) and one of the most abusive CC's in the game (Irradiating disarm is also worth a slot IMO). Hard counter to Grineer/Corpus but weak against infested.

Also has the king of trolls ability if that's what you like.

Like the others have said. But for me, personally, I recommend building on Duration and Range. So you can make use of every ability he has.

Get Quick Thinking and Primed/Flow on him. If you don't have QT, use Redirection/Vitality. Or both of any, up to your modding choice.

If you end up in a circular hall (that one place in a survival mission), you can make use of his passive even better, which is wall-latching for about 10-15 seconds. (Number is not accurate, test it yourself, sorry..) Make use of all your tricks. (Wall-latch, cast Decoy below you, Disarm then kill the groups with a nuke weapon, Invis if you need to, ST with your Decoy to blow up some other heavy unit bombard/gunner who was on 1st floor behind your vision, possibly so to give a friend some breathing room)

Decoy to draw in enemies. Disarm so you can use an AoE weapon to clear everyone that goes near your Decoy. Treat your 1st like this one friend of yours who you can use to attract aggro. One problem for this guy, though, is that he's more squishy than your Loki himself. Cast him away from enemies but enough range for him to want to fire his fake pistol to attract them. Even with a power strength build, he's not a tanky decoy.

Switch Teleport when a heavy unit/melee enemy gets too close for comfort, use the time where he/she's confused to turn back and kill him quickly if possible. If not, invis. You can use your Decoy to Switch Teleport to a safer ground as well.

Try not to use invisibility every damn time otherwise you'll grow too reliant on it and one day you might ask a question like "I was using invisibility, yet I still got rekt by a Bombard? How?" That's one mistake I probably did in the past.

11 minutes ago, LunarEdge7 said:

Like the others have said. But for me, personally, I recommend building on Duration and Range. So you can make use of every ability he has.

Get Quick Thinking and [Rage, because these two, and Energy Siphon - that makes three, make you more like Wukong with his Defy active, but never draining until when it procs].

6 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:
19 minutes ago, LunarEdge7 said:

Get Quick Thinking and [Rage, because these two, and Energy Siphon - that makes three, make you more like Wukong with his Defy active, but never draining until when it procs].

I believe this method doesn't work as well as it used to. And Loki has low EHP so the Rage won't be able to give much energy? Unless you're constantly doing channelled kills while modded with Life Strike with Zenurik and/or a low channelling energy cost build.

Use 1 to make a decoy then use 3 at the decoy to switch locations with it, it's practically teleportation.

This trick is really convenient since you can use it to just cheese through laser traps in spy missions.

Also if you do use Narrow Minded with Loki, you definitely should use Overextended to make use of 1, 3 and 4.

Using just 2 for Loki is a big big waste.

Edited by NativeKiller

Loki has a couple builds to specialize in and some variation between them but the three main ones you'll prolly use are Pure Stealth mostly for solo and Disarm for solo/group. There are times when you want Radiating Disarm and other times when you don't. It usually depends on your group comp and the mission type.

Loki Stealth Specialized:

XBvfNGx.jpg

Loki Radiating Disarm Specialized.

ZgtJ7Cf.jpg

Loki non-Radiating Disarm Hybrid:

ID9ZIYW.jpg

His Switch Teleport has spotty uses. Often good for Spy missions when used with his Decoy.

The Decoy itself is decent for replacing yourself on the battlefield. It needs to be placed around corners or behind cover to make it last a worthy amount of time due to it's low HP. When you're in a group try to keep Decoy out, your team mates will appreciate it as otherwise the enemies may entirely focus them. Using Disarm also lengthens the value of Decoy and if you're using Radiating Disarm remember that the confusion effect must wear off before it can be re-applied, much like Nyx's Chaos.

I would highly recommend Zenurik with most Loki setups. The energy allows you to always run CP and works well with his heavy energy reserve + Quick Thinking.

Exilus slot is up to  you, I'm a spam roller in which Rush works well with for extra speed and security.