Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas worth buying?

aligatorno

Question

So , Atlas. He's the last frame that I`m interested in owing at the moment, I tried for a few months to farm the juggernauts but to no avail , that damned blueprint just won't drop. Since I made a nice chunk of platinum in the last week I was thinking of buying him, and considering that rushing + slot + reactor are almost half its market price, the deal does not sound all that bad if he comes with all of them minus the annoying grind. 

The reason why I haven't pulled the trigger yet is that I`m not that knowledgeable about him, I don't know how well he scales in late game, what role he usually plays in a team,  that's why I decided to ask you guys about these details and maybe about 1 or 2 builds for him .

Edited by aligatorno

14 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

So , Atlas. He's the last frame that I`m interested in owing at the moment, I tried for a few months to farm the juggernauts but to no avail , that damned blueprint just won't drop. Since I made a nice chunk of platinum in the last week I was thinking of buying him, and considering that rushing + slot + reactor are almost half its market price, the deal does not sound all that bad if he comes with all of them minus the annoying grind. 

The reason why I haven't pulled the trigger yet is that I`m not that knowledgeable about him, I don't know how well he scales in late game, what role he usually plays in a team,  that's why I decided to ask you guys about these details and maybe about 1 or 2 builds for him .

Actually, seek assistance.

Edited by Koldraxon-732
You're on the Quest, you just need persistence.

10 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

You get the Atlas-Blueprint from the quest. Just the parts drop from the Golem. óÒ
So why would you want to buy the Warframe for Plat?

I`m talking about Pherliac Pod Blueprint, not Atlas's Blueprint. They only drop from the Juggernauts. 

"This item's blueprint and components can be obtained as drops from the Juggernaut and Juggernaut Behemoth. One random component is a guaranteed drop from each Juggernaut, and the blueprint may also drop as well."

" Pherliac Pods are a required item to complete The Jordas Precept quest.

• Potent Pherliac Pods are also required to complete the quest and the blueprint is unobtainable otherwise.

"

Edited by aligatorno

40 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

He's fun to play with and if the quest is trolling you and you're sick of doing it, why not? You're either gonna spend your plats on DE or give them to someone else, basically. Can always finish the quest when you aren't tired of trying to lol.

i don't see people use Atlas anymore, because he is no useful in any mission type. Exterminate : nope ( people use ember, volt, saryn ... ) , Survival ? Nope ( you can try Nekros, Saryn, Banshee, ... ) , Spy ? huehuehue ( loki, ivara is your only choice )...Rescue, sabotage ... mission : nope ( Vauban, Limbo, Loki ... do it better ).

I don't really think that he's worth buying. He has some nice abilities, but nothing, that other frames can't do better (it's just my opinion tho).
When we farmed him, it was very tempting to buy him instead of defeating the jugger for the 50th time, but my bf hold be back, and now I'm very thankful for it, because I haven't used Atlas since I leveled him to 30 (maybe one or twice, but just for fun). But again, it's just my opinion, not saying that atlas is a bad frame, it just doesn't suit my playstyle.

4 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

So the general consensus is a big "No" . I`m going to buy Oberon's Deluxe Skin then, at least I`ll have an excuse to use him again. Thank guys :D

Here's a suggestion what to do about it though:

Spoiler

The last mission becomes replayable after the quest is done. Have someone taxi you there to get Atlas parts. This mission also always features a juggernaut which, unless changed, also drops everything for pherliac pods.

very worth buying **.   Not being able to be knocked down is huge in some areas,  esp  some higher level enemy areas.  His walls can block defense targets and choke points or a variety of other good uses.   His rocky pets are a great distraction at high levels and good dps at medium and lower levels.   His punch skill is cheap, spammable, and potent.    What he lacks most is a real, wide area AOE.   Apart from that, he is a solid all-around frame, able to tank, protect, and kill effectively.   

**technically, nothing you can get free is "worth" buying.   So technically this means "worth having and playing".   But its your money.   Ive done the same, I bought Ivara.  Comes a point when 20 bucks is easier than 20 days.

Edited by jonnin