Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

HALO Based suggestions

Madamou

So, the title is quite clear ; I am sadly not an artist, nor asking any to do what I'm about to showcase. These are just ideas that fit the game-design of Warframe and that could give inspiration to some warframe tennogen artists.

Cheers, and Enjoy.

Also, if you feel like I'm missing anything ; just add it ! 

(Note that I own no rights on the pictures shown above !)

5 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

So you're suggesting Tennogen artists just straight up rip off another game?

I don't think I need to explain why that can't and won't happen.

I am not at all ; if you read what I said above the pics ; I mentionned that these are just ideas for future designs that fit the overall game ambiance.

I just thought they could take inspiration in this and maybe add some features in their futur pieces of work

People ; you seem to miss the point of my thread. 

I'm not saying, turn this into that.

I'm saying, look at how similar it looks and maybe find inspiration in the designs of another game (sure) but also set in a similarish world

Just now, Madamou said:

People ; you seem to miss the point of my thread. 

I'm not saying, turn this into that.

I'm saying, look at how similar it looks and maybe find inspiration in the designs of another game (sure) but also set in a similarish world

No it's not. Warframes have very unique unorthodox style that is the total opposite of generic space marine. You can put all armors from Halo, Mass Effect, DOOM, CoD in the same room and people can easily mixed them up, but put Excalibur in it and it will stand out the most.

39 minutes ago, Madamou said:

They are really not that similar at all. 

I mean, sure the Hammers look like hammers and the rifles like rifles but other than that...

Edited by Dawn11715

Artists will make what they want. If you want to look at Halo assets so bad, go and play Halo. 

Tennogen exists to let community members express their creativity, to come up with something interesting and appealing of their own design.

By proposing that our community artists should just rip off Halo, you insult their creativity. That's why your thread has achieved such a vitriolic reaction. 

Edited by Plasmaface

2 hours ago, Madamou said:

So, the title is quite clear ; I am sadly not an artist, nor asking any to do what I'm about to showcase. These are just ideas that fit the game-design of Warframe and that could give inspiration to some warframe tennogen artists.

Cheers, and Enjoy.

Also, if you feel like I'm missing anything ; just add it ! 

(Note that I own no rights on the pictures shown above !)

Worth noting that that's the old Burston model.