Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Old vs New (Void vs Starchart 2.0)

TeaBegging

So its been a while since I left the game, and I came back just to see how these new changes were doing.
And I did some hefty runs with the void fissures, saw the drop chances. Farmed them with friends and it became way faster repetitive then the old void used to be.
Even after the update many things lost value, to many rare drops became worthless, sets became way easy to obtain. The overall achievement to accomplishment of getting these is gone.

Survival and Defence runs, used to be fun play. They had a purpose you could stay as long as you wanted and just use one key instead. And with the new system they showed on the dev stream its the exact opposite. You have to use a relic every 5 min/wave, this is straight a downgrade. And an increase in grind. Quite disappointed the main reason why people were complaining was due the junk the old void had. 
Nobody wanted to do 5 min/waves to obtain a 3 uncommon pack, that used to garbage. Or Forma blueprints on a rotation C loot table. You had this feedback many times, and it was blatantly ignored. And now look where the game has come to.

Even though people like to kiss *** I don't, always telling why I shouldn't complain and just adapt. You don't fix what isn't broken. The actual feedback that was given at the time could improve the void, The tile set could be expanded. The random room generator should have more particles etc to be chosen from so it should feel always different. Instead of having 1 Defence map and 1 survival map, You could actually take the time and work on other map layouts. 

But then again who am I to criticize I played this game over 4000 hours. And then I get people tell me what to think or say, about a game that I was so passionate about. Disagreeing to any change in any game will automaticly label you as toxic player. I guess now a days you just have to take it or leave it, Which is sad and pitiful.

Edited by TeaBegging

You played for 4,000 hours?

The new Relic system is better, but trying to farm for Relics is just as bad (if not worse) than farming keys. That grind was always there, so that's not nothing new.

But trying to gather Prime parts has never been easier in my opinion. I like it.

Edited by Zachles

2 minutes ago, Zachles said:

You played for 4,000 hours?

1 minute ago, TeaBegging said:

Steam says 4032.

Steam is inaccurate. It will log hours by simply leaving the launcher open(not sure if that was fixed). A better count is by looking at your in-game profile.

1 minute ago, TeaBegging said:

Yea shift the grind from parts to relics so good. not.

It's called a trade off. Now we have the ability to slightly tweak RNG for much better odds, instead of staying in the Void for 2 hours to get crappy things or fodder like:

Spoiler

south-park-s10e08c05-the-slaughter-16x9.jpg?

Ducat values were altered too, so that isn't an issue. The balancing point is that it now requires 1 Relic for 1 part.

5 minutes ago, --Q--UmadcausebaD said:

No its just easier for people with no patience.

The fun aspect is now fully gone... Game of hazard with low chances is what makes a farming game to what it should be.

No, it's better.

There was no hazard in the old system. It was just cheese til you're bored.

I miss the days of long survivals and defense aswell, I agree with you in general, except for the part about feeling rewarded for your effort, because it always boiled down to dumb luck.

In the end I think they couldn't just make void farming easier as that would have left the rest of the starchart in the dust, which it still kind of is as most players don't play fissure missions for the missions themselves, but just to get the rewards at the end. (Which can be said about the Void aswell, but personally I liked the arbitrary nature of "Get your prime parts here" that the old Void offered.)

There's no flawless system.  But I'd wager most people don't have two hours to grind for an item or so.  The relic system is a trade off, it's most likely better for a larger number of people vs the smaller but far more vocal population who really got into the grind in the void and more importantly had the time to.  

3 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

Steam is inaccurate. It will log hours by simply leaving the launcher open(not sure if that was fixed). A better count is by looking at your in-game profile.

Oh yeah, I know. The in-game counter only counts time spent in missions, not in your Landing Craft/Orbiter, relays, dojo, et cetera. 

At least as far as I know.

4 minutes ago, --Q--UmadcausebaD said:

No its just easier for people with no patience.

The fun aspect is now fully gone... Game of hazard with low chances is what makes a farming game to what it should be.

To be fair, you will never be able to appeal to everyone. That is a fact of life.

I, for one, do find it preferable. Instant gratification and all that. 

My two main qualms about it are one, relic farming can be a serious pain in the *ss, and two, they need to knock it off with the Forma blueprint rewards. For some people, they might be nice, but for me they are a waste of a relic. It wouldn't be quite so bad if they were at least built.

7 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

It's called a trade off. Now we have the ability to slightly tweak RNG for much better odds, instead of staying in the Void for 2 hours to get crappy things or fodder like:

Hide contents

south-park-s10e08c05-the-slaughter-16x9.jpg?

Difference is now you farm for relics and tweak RNG in possibly vain attempts to get what you want and still end up like that.

Edited by Madway7

Just now, Madway7 said:

Difference is now you farm for relics and tweak RNG in possibly vain attempts to get what you want to be like that.

Farming for Relics isn't any different than farming for Void Keys. It was also possible to stay in a Void Key mission for 1+ hours to not get your target, in a vain attempt.

Just now, EmptyDevil said:

Farming for Relics isn't any different than farming for Void Keys. It was also possible to stay in a Void Key mission for 1+ hours to not get your target, in a vain attempt.

I didn't say the void system negated that.

I just mean either way a lot of people end up like that picture doing things like chores in the game and not getting what they want.

Just now, Madway7 said:

I didn't say the void system negated that.

I just mean either way a lot of people end up like that picture doing things like chores in the game and not getting what they want.

Oh true indeed. One benefit i'd like to add is that the scenery changes with the new system. 

What about Exterminate, MD, or Capture keys?

Oh, and it was really not that efficient to run long missions, if you really have around 4k hours you probably never had a shortage of endless keys. So, that said, running 20 min/20 waves was probably more efficient. you only stayed because you wanted to. You can do the exact same thing now, except now you are grinding for relics rather than grinding for prime parts. Nothing is stopping you from running an extended survival or defense for relics, just this idea in your head that "it isn't worth it" even though it wasn't even worth it before the rework.

Edit: The "Prime grind" is NOT using relics, it is obtaining relics. And this, IMO, was a great change.

Edited by DrBorris

Pros and cons of relic system, also void key system:

RELICS:

PROS:

Can alter chances of obtaining rare gear by running with similar relics and "upgrading" a relic

Drops from the relic do not change when Prime equipment rotates in and out, meaning you can farm something that's no longer available given you have the relic

CONS:

New relics come up when new prime gear is released, need to go out and find them

Upgrading them puts more grind into the game (however this is counteracted with coop play)

Relic names are confusing, constantly checking up which relic you need and where they drop most

KEYS:

PROS:

Easy to memorize/find

No need to upgrade them

Don't need to farm for completely new keys when Prime gear is released

CONS:

Coop play is only rewarding by having multiple attempts to run the mission, same chance to obtain certain gear every time ONCE

Prime gear is rotated out, last-chance basis to get prime gear basically

Keysharing can potentially result in leeches that don't actually have a key

I've got 4818 hours in this game (according to Steam, mind you) so making the comparison to the two systems was just off the top of my head and I can tell you that the Relic system is vastly superior to the Key system. The endless mission dilemma with the Relic system compared to the Key system (Key system let you get multiple Prime parts, Relic system does not) is being changed so that Relics now let you get more Prime stuff in endless missions so I didn't bother addressing it in the list

30 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

There was no hazard in the old system. It was just cheese til you're bored.

Of course there was. Its like with the game machines - you put your money (in this case the money were the key) in until you win. Only addicteds say they get things because of skill but at the end it was just luck. This made the old Void very charming to a lot of players like me and im just talking for me. But i understood that u dont think like this and ignore other peoples minds about this.

13 minutes ago, --Q--UmadcausebaD said:

Of course there was. Its like with the game machines - you put your money (in this case the money were the key) in until you win. Only addicteds say they get things because of skill but at the end it was just luck. This made the old Void very charming to a lot of players like me and im just talking for me. But i understood that u dont think like this and ignore other peoples minds about this.

But it's similar now

3 minutes ago, Slaviar said:

But it's similar now

no u can now influence on the droprate until a ridiculous high chance of success (about 32 or 40% with 4 radiant relics). Thats not much luck anymore. If everyone has success you cant call it luck!

€dit: in the old Void had the Ash Prime BP iirc a 4% chance to drop in rotation C. See the difference? No? ok.

Edited by --Q--UmadcausebaD