Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Exalted Blade + Drifting Contact?

Almagnus1

Question

I have heard that Drifting Contact works with Excalibur Exalted Blade, and I'm curious if this is actually true?

Does Blood Rush work with Drifting Contact in Exalted Blade?

Assuming that either of the above is a "yes", any recommendations on adjusting my Nikana Prime build ( https://goo.gl/5jJKbx ) to work in either mod?

As an FYI, I'm also running Naramon, and keeping up Berserk is doable once Naramon kicks in.

9 answers to this question

Every post about Body Count and the combo multiplier to date has specifically stated "Shadow Debt mods". They've never said a mod should not work with combo counter and it's likely the only reason they kept to this with Body Count is to avoid players going "...But why not Blood Rush" When Blood Rush would be completely OP.

Drifting Contact should work with Exalted melee as they're outclassed by general melee due to the fact they don't have these combo based mods. It not only improved their damage to be competitive but for Excalibur specifically it allows him to work correctly as currently there's still not much reason for him to get into melee, even when he  does get combo he quickly looses it do the the ranged nature of his ability as the increase in damage ensures enemies nearby might not survive long enough to get into melee again. It also gives him a reason to use Slash Dash.

Not having Drifting Contact work for exalted weapons would be a mistake and it's hardly like DE is consistent when it comes to mod mechanics.

1 minute ago, LazerSkink said:

If Body Count is not supposed to work with melee ults, Drifting Contact is likely no exception.

The difference is that DE has been consistent in their patch notes that "Shadow Debt mods" are not compatible with ability-generated weapons. I don't recall them ever mentioning that "increased combo duration" as a mechanic was specifically targeted as not compatible.

Considering it's been nearly two weeks since the release of Drifting Contact, the number of threads addressing this, and the fact that it hasn't been changed yet, I'd say it's intended that Drifting Contact works with ability-generated weapons.

3 hours ago, Inarticulate said:

Considering it's been nearly two weeks since the release of Drifting Contact, the number of threads addressing this, and the fact that it hasn't been changed yet, I'd say it's intended that Drifting Contact works with ability-generated weapons.

If so, that's great. Still, my pessimism will keep me from using it due to the thought of "Yep, being fixed this week, no point in equipping it".

EB Quad Status

LTZe3WT.jpg

EB Crit:

8ZuXxKB.jpg

EB Gas:

I2tu7px.jpg

Most of the time I'll swap Drifting Contact for Life Strike on lower level missions 30-80. You really only need the damage output Drifting Contact gives you in a level range where Life Strike falls off in value.

Quad status is good for solo, esp against armored enemies with Naramon Focus. I prefer Crit for CPx4 and High level Infested and Gas has the highest potential burst output but requires Blind and Naramon which can be energy intensive over time.

Edited by Xzorn