Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is this a thing?

VinorSion

Question

Im coming back as a returning player with a large amount of frames mods etc. I was told by a friend to complete the Sedna and Pluto junctions for the upcoming cinematic quest. I have all ready done all the requirements for the Sedna junction, before the junction system crap came out! I've defeated vey hek, I've defeated 10 sentients and I've gotten 2 of the 3 mods from the challenge rooms. I also have many many weapons already crafted that are above mastery rank 5. I also ALREADY HAVE THE HIDDEN MESSAGES QUEST. Which it says it will give me as a reward. And yet none of the boxes say anything besides "0/X". I even already have sedna unlocked. wtf?

14 answers to this question

You will need to craft one more weapon of that rank for the junction; complete the challenge rooms again; and so on. I might be wrong, but it sounds like you completed the other requirements before the Specters of the Rail changes; complete the requirements again and you should be good.

3 minutes ago, VinorSion said:

So I really have to re-complete it? Its just a time and resource sink, nothing more. Oh well. Thanks DE

D.E: No problems, man! Look forward to the other bullcrap that you would have to deal with when the TWW hits! ;)

Edited by NativeKiller

4 minutes ago, VinorSion said:

So I really have to re-complete it? Its just a time and resource sink, nothing more. Oh well. Thanks DE

Yes, but as far as I'm aware, you don't need to re-craft a weapon of a specific mastery (as it'll already be part of your account... I think).
Either way, it's still a fairly easy junction to unlock, especially if you've done it before. Like others have said, you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone on Plato.

Clearing all the junctions took me about 3 days as a player who already had all the planets unlocked before SotR dropped, most of which was waiting for certain time-dependent things like Neo fissures for opening Neo relics, and mustering the fortitude to go back to my least favorite place, Lua. This is also including the time I spent doing other stuff in preparation for TWW, like leveling my new Archwing stuff and doing some Focus grinding.

If you want to do your Archwing leveling later and have no problem with Lua, you could probably clear a direct path to Sedna in as little as half a day, and I personally don't understand why you're complaining about it now when we've had a week or two of forewarning that we would need to complete Nataah, The Second Dream, and the Sedna Junction in order to play The War Within, unless you missed that news.

If you did, well, sucks to be you, but you must have been gone quite a while then. If you make the habit of reading the patch notes when they come out and logging in for some light chores like Clan research and Prime and/or Syndicate farming every once in a while, then of course moving forward you'll have a much greater opportunity to react to things like this in advance.

13 hours ago, Dreddeth said:

I personally don't understand why you're complaining about it now when we've had a week or two of forewarning that we would need to complete Nataah, The Second Dream, and the Sedna Junction in order to play The War Within, unless you missed that news.

I am a returning player, as of yesterday. This is the first I have heard of this requirement.

Just now, VinorSion said:

I am a returning player, as of yesterday. This is the first I have heard of this requirement.

Again, we've had about a week's notice, quite possibly even more than that. Rob posted a video on youtube about the requirements, which he himself got from either Reddit or a stream, though I'd have to go watch it again to double check the exact source, and I'm pretty sure it's been talked about on the forums, so it was your choice to stay uninformed by not checking in with any place that might have had the news. It was another choice of yours not to do the junctions when they came out, which would have saved you the trouble even if you haven't heard, and even doing them now at the last minute is a trifle, so I don't think your situation warrants much sympathy.

To be fair, I read the forums regularly several times a day, and the Sedna requirement was new to me UNTIL TODAY. There is such a thing as NOT reading every little tidbit on a dozen different forums. Off the top of my head, Twitter, Reddit, Youtube and official forums - it gets to be a LOT to keep up with.