Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What weapons are best suited for Corrupted Mods

(PSN)KwGeek77

Question

So I just started doing Vault runs, as I am looking to try and get the Critical Delay rifle mod to put on my  Amprex in the hope to cut down the fire rate in the hope to make it more   ammo efficient.

But I was wondering, what weapons do you put your Corrupted Mods on, what rank are you mods set at, is you weapon forma and if so what  Polarity  did you pick? 

Seeing as there are many weapons and you can build them many different ways to fit different play style, I'm just looking for some ideas on what I sort of builds I might like to do with my new Corrupted Mods. 

I look forward to your feed back 

7 answers to this question

I like to put a one rank from maxed critical delay on 35% crit chance primaries along with point strike to get guaranteed crits. I know another elemental would be higher damage, but because I like to stealth run missions the more predictable damage profile is more suitable for my playstyle. Example weapons for this kind of build are the rakta cernos and the tonkor.

Edit: I almost forgot about the dex sybaris, that thing is a beast with guaranteed criticals.

A maxed spoiled strike is another pretty good corrupted weapon mod. If you feel like you have plenty of attack speed (or can proc berserker easy enough) you can use it for some extra base damage.

Edited by PAX_NL

Critical Delay is really good for Soma with Heavy Caliber. Because of Heavy Caliber you have a terrible accuracy and most of the shots go wrong. With Critical Delay the accuracy instantly gets better and you gain even more damage.

But there are many more cases.

Tainted Shell for the Kohm, Tigris Series, Vaykor Hek, or Drakgoon.

Tigris is self-evident if you want to have a considerable gain to accuracy for those double-damage headshots or making slash procs hit harder. Kohm benefits massively at medium range with R8 if you use Speed Trigger in conjunction with it. Vaykor Hek's a crit shotgun, and crit weapons just do way more damage on headshot. Drakgoon can be used as a bow at long ranges with no damage falloff and initial charge will have a tighter spread.

Personally I feel that Critical Delay, Vile Precision, Tainted Mag, Depleted Reload, Burdened Magazine, Critical Decceleration, Creeping Bullseye, Magnum Force, and Tainted Clip are a waste of mod space. There could be an argument for Hollow Point, but it isn't truly necessary unless the Secondary weapon has a high crit multiplier above base 2.0.

A max Heavy Caliber can go a long way, even a rank 7-8 can for some weapons. Bullet-hoses that don't rely on headshots or Launchers do well with a maxed Heavy Caliber. Mutalist Cernos and Torid are pretty good to boost the damage from Toxin procs. The difference between Heavy Caliber and Magnum Force is that there's a substantial boost with HC than the pittance MF offers. Otherwise, instead of Heavy Caliber (or Critical Delay), using an Argon Scope on a red crit viable weapon and dealing consistent headshots will do you well if you have it.

I rarely use Vicious Spread, but the only weapon I use it with is the Phage, since aiming the weapon helps to adjust the spread. Imo, this corrupted mod is a waste on any other shotgun when you can go for an elemental combo or a utility mod like Accelerated Blast or Seeking Fury.

Frail Momentum, Vile Acceleration, and Anemic Agility are amazing. On any weapon that needs that fire rate boost, these mods work really well even with the marginal dip on over damage. Especially for Sweeper Prime, a rank5 Tainted Shell and a max ranked Frail Momentum has your Sentinel shooting and landing pellets with extremely high accuracy. Tainted Shell in particular works really well with the Tigris series of weapons, since the boon it gives has no downsides to fire rate whatsoever.

Much in the case with Critical Delay, Creeping Bullseye isn't necessary but I'd like to say that this mod has an honorable QoL mention for maintaining the stability for high fire rate weapons like the Twin Grakatas or the Wraith Twin Vipers. Personally, I'd rather use Primed Pistol Mutation and keep the dps high than lower fire rate just to get a marginal increase to crit chance.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

5 hours ago, (PS4)KwGeek77 said:

So I just started doing Vault runs, as I am looking to try and get the Critical Delay rifle mod to put on my  Amprex in the hope to cut down the fire rate in the hope to make it more   ammo efficient.

But I was wondering, what weapons do you put your Corrupted Mods on, what rank are you mods set at, is you weapon forma and if so what  Polarity  did you pick? 

Seeing as there are many weapons and you can build them many different ways to fit different play style, I'm just looking for some ideas on what I sort of builds I might like to do with my new Corrupted Mods. 

I look forward to your feed back 

Teleported from Feedback]Weapons to Players helping Players.