Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

___Prime Versions & Equality?

Ruelle

The dirty short question is; Is there equality between the ability to choose minor bonuses with alternative hats on a normal frame and a better base stat value on a prime frame? 

I think its more then a bit of a turn off thinking about when Mag prime comes out, or Ashe prime, or Vauban prime - and you are required to level it/forma it/potato it all separately(Also buy another warframe SLOT) from what you already have done on the normal frame AND lack variety in alternate helmets on the new prime version...

Who is with me saying Prime frames need to be converted to stat skins before it gets out of hand?

Wouldnt effect anything but the crafting process to my understanding since its still a sectioned body/helmet frame. Give current users the Frost/Excalibur original frames on top of the Prime helm/body! 
I mean DE is shooting themselves in the foot with the Frost blueprint boss being one of their best and basically no one wants to do him because Frost Prime and Orokin Towers :\ I don't want to forma my vauban any more after thinking about having a separate vauban prime I have to do it all over on for the exact same warframe.

I'd be pleasantly surprised to hear this was mentioned in a bit of the livestreams I missed but I have heard nothing of the sort sadly.

im fine with seperate frames.

its not like the mastery rank is wasted. you get to keep that.

ive had my fair amount of fun with loki, love that guy to death. and when the prime one comes out ill farm him and level him up as well.

its not like its torture. its fun leveling things. and its pretty much the only thing you can do right now.

yes, part of the deal is you give DE money ever once in a while to keep the game going. and if you dont want to do that or cant you can just get the new frame and get him up. you still ahve all your guns. its not like its hard. and knowing thats a thing, start farming forma now, and save that up for when the prime you want happens.

not to mention you dont need to forma the hell out of frames like some like to do, once or twice is fine. the potato comes around once every two weeks or so, save one for a potential prime.

more than anything the frames we have now are fun now. and with how minimal an upgrade primes are you can easily continue to use the base version. the stat differences are completely unnoticeable during actual play.

people are throwing a fit for a skin they dont actually need in anyway.

A Prime is an orokin-era relic, not something made with contemporary components that works about the same.

I don't mind it being better, not like I have to fight anyone who got it.

And about future Primes, those are not even hinted, much less confirmed. So I just don't think about it. I jsut made an Ash, and I still love playing it without fear that in the unforseen future they're going to release an Ash Prime.

I always thought the same thing! "whats the point in getting a warframe if a prime version will eventually come out?"

Mastery exp, and fun? Not like Primes are easily obtainable normally anyways.

Edited by Shion963

Thanks for the replies, I can agree on the idea of "leveling again is pretty fun +gives mastery" but not everyone wants to level up the "same" warframe.
If they make it actually different - which it should be - it becomes more appealing and less about looks and I'd hope it wouldnt be a flat upgrade and maybe different colored abilities and/or alternate abilities(Atleast currently the default frames get alternate helmets which primes don't).
If it stays the same as basically for looks why can't it be a skin for the benefit of everyone?
I don't want to buy a new warframe slot for a prime thats basically an alt skin. 

In short I like the idea of Primes being different in noticeable ways BUT I hope its not replacing the default.
Maybe an Upgrade(How helms kinda work now) if it has to be better...

If DE decides not to make the Primes truly different then they should be skins and not require a new warframe slot.

Who is with me saying Prime frames need to be converted to stat skins before it gets out of hand?

How about NO.

Primes are the original things. They are, lore wise, other frames. So no, they shouldnt be skins just because you dont want to level up another frame.....

How about NO.

Primes are the original things. They are, lore wise, other frames. So no, they shouldnt be skins just because you dont want to level up another frame.....

This.

Primes are the original, the Orokin era relic that the Tenno are using. It's meant to be stronger than what the Tenno can make, since they are simply copying tech without the means to replicate perfectly.

How about NO.

Primes are the original, the Orokin era relic that the Tenno are using. It's meant to be stronger than what the Tenno can make, since they are simply copying tech without the means to replicate perfectly.

These Gentletenno got it right.

then why does it take mats to create fp ? the same mats for every other frame. gotta fix that lore wise

TIL Frost Prime's parts are crafted like other 'frames. I assumed it was just like Latron and Reaper Prime.

I don't know about that, perhaps it's because they're made with the original instructions instead of reverse-engineered / approximations gleaned from broken/old parts?

You can't exactly make Coca Cola from just the sum of its ingredients. Still gotta have the REAL recipe.

This.

To expand on this: If you're seeing the Latron and Lato as simple mastery points all because the prime's came out, you're looking at it wrong. It's a collectors item, a Lore item. It's a thing meant to be this way, as it rewards people who play the game longer. Please, stop thinking with your 'I'm at the endgame' mentality and look at it from the whole. A new player will not be able to go into the Void, and definitely not go into a T3. They have to work, play the game and unlock planets, new frames, new weapons, get mods, and all of that, just to have a chance. Then, once they do it for the first time or something, assuming they survive, they won't necessarily get the item. They have to play it several times, and on top of that, several tiers as well. At this point, the new player, or rather, experienced player, will know the game and it's mechanics, but still not have what they were looking for. They have to put in several hours, if not a day or two's work, just to get one weapon.

These Gentletenno got it right.

Thank you my good man.

This thread is not a python attribute >_>

Also I don't mind that primes are a separate frame.  The only thing is, at one point they mentioned they were thinking of having primes have some kind of buff in the void that they gave to squadmates as well, and that never came to fruition.  I'd like to see that.  It wouldn't have to be anything game breaking and I wouldn't want it to be something that provided you with unique content, but having them do something would be nice.  Maybe have traps recognize players as friendly and not activate or something.  As is, they're just frames that potentially need one less forma and have slightly better recharge speed.  

then why does it take mats to create fp ? the same mats for every other frame. gotta fix that lore wise

People are already crying over the Primes could you imagine if they made mats that only drop in void specifically for Primes? People would be rioting in the streets. I personally am shocked at how many threads similar to this exist. You guys wouldn't last a day in a Korean MMO such as Aion. You can get the original Frost level it to 30 farm for the Prime version level it to 30 and them polarize it 5 times before you could get the gear you want in a Korean MMO.

And for those saying it wouldn't fit the Lore if Primes, well said. Could you imagine if they made Optimus Prime into just another Autobot because people complained he was too strong!!

Edited by Asanogawa

i feel primes should be better since that's the original warframe and there hard to come by say you get frost and frost prime and excalibur and its prime version yeah they have an extra polarity slot but they should be better like have better armor and more energy and stuff in that matter were replicating prime warframes and it to me would only make sense if primes were a lot better than the original

Also I don't mind that primes are a separate frame.  The only thing is, at one point they mentioned they were thinking of having primes have some kind of buff in the void that they gave to squadmates as well, and that never came to fruition.  I'd like to see that.  It wouldn't have to be anything game breaking and I wouldn't want it to be something that provided you with unique content, but having them do something would be nice.  Maybe have traps recognize players as friendly and not activate or something.  As is, they're just frames that potentially need one less forma and have slightly better recharge speed.  

Actually the prime frames do have a benefit in the void:

When a prime frame approaches an unactivated laser box, he and his team mates all get a large amount of energy, I think it actually fully replenishes the energy pools.

That is the benefit for playing a prime frame in the void.

It can be an utter life saver.

Edited by Tsukinoki

The extra polarity actually doesn't help Excalibur Prime unless you are using stretch to increase radial blind radius of course.

Continuity increases length of Slash Dash, so actually the extra V slot helps him greatly.