The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kogake, Whats Their Purpose? (Read First Before Reply)

S3ven0F13

Ive been running around with the Kogake for a couple days and i must say it wasent hard for me to figure this out.

Tho they have low dps ive noticed they have the uncanny ability to stunlock, stumble, and downright knock enemies 10 feet. 

For all those who are saying it sucks cause the dps; We have so many good dps melee weapons in this game you can use. SO MANY. like the list is huge.

So here is the questions I have:

Why cant kogake be used just for its amazing CC?

Have you given it's constant ability to put all enemies except like 1 boss on its &#! a chance?

If these are meant strictly for CC by DE what would you change about them other than the DPS?

And other than the glitches (Every weapon released had these initially) whats really wrong with them in your opinion?

Im just curious, I personally find a swift kick to knock a heavy down fallowed by a few bullets usually ends them before they get up. but maybe you guys feel it should be capable of more than that. there are no bad ideas. just feel free to get your concerns out here if you want. or answer the questions.

Please be respectful.

~S3v

I was running Vor earlier and myself and a friend decide to try and kill him with Kogake. 

I sprint-slide off the highest platform in the boss room, land at his feet and slide attack.

He gets uppercutted about ten feet into the air, lands on a box, rolls off the side and gets impaled on a railing and dies.

Some people likes Killing power over Crowd control just saying.

And what is your point ?

The OP made his best for building and interesting discussion around Kogake, and you didn't answer anything, at least as far as I understood your response.

You know what ? Some players don't absolutely need the feeling of being powerful in itself. We prefer having fun while killing in a fashionable way rather than just killing fast with the most powerful weapons. You see ? Changing the play style at wish thanks to multiple and different weapons/warframe, no matter if they are less powerful.

Don't forget that the aim of the game should be "having fun". Not being powerful at all costs.

And sorry if I misinterpreted your line, it wasn't clear.

About the OP, I would say : why enemies wouldn't lose their weapon when stunned by uppercut for instance ?

Edited by Lluid

And what is your point ?

The OP made his best for building and interesting discussion around Kogake, and you didn't answer anything, at least as far as I understood your response.

You know what ? Some players don't absolutely need the feeling of being powerful in itself. We prefer having fun while killing in a fashionable way rather than just killing fast with the most powerful weapons. You see ? Changing the play style at wish thanks to multiple and different weapons/warframe, no matter if they are less powerful.

Don't forget that the aim of the game should be "having fun". Not being powerful at all costs.

And sorry if I misinterpreted your line, it wasn't clear.

About the OP, I would say : why enemies wouldn't lose their weapon when stunned by uppercut for instance ?

I just said some people likes killing power over CC thats all i like the current kogake i didnt mean anything by saying that no need to be that aggresive over a comment 

I was running Vor earlier and myself and a friend decide to try and kill him with Kogake. 

I sprint-slide off the highest platform in the boss room, land at his feet and slide attack.

He gets uppercutted about ten feet into the air, lands on a box, rolls off the side and gets impaled on a railing and dies.

Oh man i wanna see that. Please tell me you got it on video!

Some people likes Killing power over Crowd control just saying.

Then those people shouldn't use Kogake, they are amazing CC I love them on my Nyx. Hell I pinned Vor using my Banshee's Dread after I uppercut his sorry face. It was awesome. Sadly my video didn't get it so you can only take my word for it.

Then those people shouldn't use Kogake, they are amazing CC I love them on my Nyx. Hell I pinned Vor using my Banshee's Dread after I uppercut his sorry face. It was awesome. Sadly my video didn't get it so you can only take my word for it.

Agree here and just wait to the Pressure point buff, the meta of only charge attacks need to end ASAP.

The only dps mele weapons that really don't have a reliable stagger/knock-back would be the dual weapons (dual ethers/zoren) and daggers (fang, which actually does have a nice ground pound AoE), otherwise, even the Orthos has a 100% stagger despite its lack for an actual knock-back.  While I understand you're saying that this weapon might be designed for something different, the other weapons can still keep up, so it needs to be distinctively set apart from them and be on a whole different playing field if you want it to be worth using without the dps to support it. 

The biggest issue I ahve with them is that they're ingle target.

It's brutal on some bosses, but against trash mobs it has no CC. It has single target domination.

This is it basically. If they were meant for CC they should be hitting multiple enemies. I know this doesn't make any sense, since they're gloves and gauntlets, but to me they're outshined by dual ethers, which have higher damage, larger range, 100% stagger and can hit multiple enemies

This is it basically. If they were meant for CC they should be hitting multiple enemies. I know this doesn't make any sense, since they're gloves and gauntlets, but to me they're outshined by dual ethers, which have higher damage, larger range, 100% stagger and can hit multiple enemies

Tell me the dual ethers are better when you knockdown a level 99 Corrupted Heavy Gunner and proceed to punch its face in without getting hit. Dual ethers are more for clearing things in front of you. Defense Missions: Dual Ethers/Heat Swords    Boss Fights: Kogake

Tell me the dual ethers are better when you knockdown a level 99 Corrupted Heavy Gunner and proceed to punch its face in without getting hit. Dual ethers are more for clearing things in front of you. Defense Missions: Dual Ethers/Heat Swords    Boss Fights: Kogake

If I ever meet a lvl99 Corrupted Heavy Gunner, I will let you know... Of the dozens of T3s I've done, the highest I have ever found are in the lvl80s range. I'm not telling they don't exist, just saying I've never met one...

Of the dozens of T3s I've done, the highest I have ever found are in the lvl80s range. I'm not telling they don't exist, just saying I've never met one...

I did see a level 99 grineer in a T3 today. Was only a normal mob, but had more health than the ancients near him. Its a very low chance for them to spawn but it does happen

I did see a level 99 grineer in a T3 today. Was only a normal mob, but had more health than the ancients near him. Its a very low chance for them to spawn but it does happen

Yes, a normal mob... Heavy gunners and ancients are usually lower level than the normal mobs or at least that's my experience in the void

Spamming the jump attack can do some great aoe cc, than proceed to kill 1 by 1

the charged attack is totally useless since you cant perform the ground finisher... i just go in with dragon kicks, jump attacks and slide attacks.. than proceed to punch their faces in the floor

Spamming the jump attack can do some great aoe cc, than proceed to kill 1 by 1

the charged attack is totally useless since you cant perform the ground finisher... i just go in with dragon kicks, jump attacks and slide attacks.. than proceed to punch their faces in the floor

The charge attack thing is a glitch from what i hear. not a intended function. I said other than glitches :D

Style more than anything.

All the weapons in the game are OP once you level them.  Except for really high level mobs, just about anything will do... so you buy the weapons you have fun with and that's pretty much that.

Kogake are fun for knocking things around with, but beyond that there's no reason to use them over just about anything else.

My only real issue with them is how fidgetty the ground takedown can be, but when it does work its just boss. I also worry that this might not work to well on late game enemies without a buff to pressure point (haven't tested it yet though so I'll have to see)

Just met today a lvl 100 Grineer Heavy Gunner on a T3 void. Iron Skin + punched him in the face with Kogake, my teammates had enough time to kill without scoring any damage. They're not for killing power, just disabling heavy units and bosses.

I'm building my own as we speak. I happen to like crowd control weapons to be honest. I had a lot of fun with the Bo even though it didn't do much damage, it had a really high stun chance and hit multiple targets. Personally I find it satisfying to send rag-dolls though the air; some people just prefer raw damage to finesse and that's fine. Everybody has their own preferences, and the weapons and frames they choose will reflect that. I'm still going to try the kogake out; even if I don't like them initially, I may grow to like them. Or I might just fall in love right from the start, hard to say.