Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

These Drop Rates Can't Be Real (Rhino Blueprints)

Crevox

I have killed Jackal 80 times... this may not sound like a lot, but oh god, it is, at least to me. I can hear Lotus repeating her stupid comments about Jackal in my head...

I have:

15 Helmet Blueprints

6 Chassis Blueprints

And not one system blueprint. I am starting to feel ill, to be honest...

I decided to even start recording the drops out of boredom... this boss is so insanely buggy by the way, flying into the air for no reason, going on the barrel tractor at the top, shooting rockets that just fly around your head making noise infinitely until you go in another room, and more, more, more...

Why can you not even trade these things for a different one? :| I would trade 8 helmets for 1 system to a vendor or something but you can't even do that. I'm almost R30 on my Mag just from running this mission over and over again...

Remember, this isn't all the runs, just the last X that I've done...

1. chasis

2. nothing

3. nothing

4. nothing

5. nothing

6. orokin cell

7. nothing

8. chasis

9. helmet

10. nothing

11. nothing

12. nothing

13. nothing

14. nothing

15. helmet

16. nothing

17. nothing

18. nothing

19. nothing

20. nothing

21. chasis

22. chasis

23. helmet

24. nothing

25. nothing

26. nothing

27. helmet

28. nothing

29. nothing

30. nothing

31. nothing

32. nothing

33. nothing

34. nothing

35. nothing

36. helmet

37. helmet

38. nothing

39. nothing

40. chasis

41. orokin cell

42. nothing

43. nothing

44. nothing

45. nothing

46. helmet

47. nothing

48. orokin cell

49. nothing

50. chasis

51. nothing

52. chassis

53. nothing

54. nothing

55. nothing

56. nothing

57. orokin cell

58. chassis

59. helmet

60. system

Edited by Crevox

Ever since they fixed the fall through floor bug, I haven't had any bugs with Jackal.
Other than that, it took me a lot of runs to get all parts, the last one I collected was systems.

The drops rates are low but they seem to be equal, my friend had 6 helmets.
Keep at it, and good luck.

I guess I'm gonna keep trying...

Honestly I have to say I'm really sick of that boss at this point, I can only feel for the random other people that don't have my patience; they would've quit this game by now.

I just killed him 28 more times; this item isn't real. I've now killed him 70 times. This makes 14 helmets, 6 chassis, 0 systems.

23. helmet

24. nothing

25. nothing

26. nothing

27. helmet

28. nothing

29. nothing

30. nothing

31. nothing

32. nothing

33. nothing

34. nothing

35. nothing

36. helmet

37. helmet

38. nothing

39. nothing

40. chassis

41. orokin cell

42. nothing

43. nothing

44. nothing

45. nothing

46. helmet

47. nothing

48. orokin cell

49. nothing

50. chasis

Edited by Crevox

I found it finally. It took a total of 80 runs.

Ultimately, the point of this topic is to point to the horrible RNG that this game has. This isn't like other free to play games (you know which one I'm talking about) where you can play and have fun with your friends while working toward earning characters. This is a long, boring, horrible grind; there is no fun in this, and none of your friends want to do it with you. This is a horrible system, and very few people are going to try this game and tolerate it enough to make a warframe. My state of mind about this game is not exactly positive after this experience either, having obtained a bad headache from this horrible endeavor.

Not to mention, having to kill this boss so many times pointed out so many bugs (flaws) that exist within the game; bugs that happen so extremely often that I'm surprised they haven't been caught yet.

Feedback is feedback.

Edited by Crevox

I know how you feel Crevox, I only had to grind a month to get all my Rhino parts, but when I finally got them all I was so ecstatic! Rhino is a solid frame and imo totally worth all the pain you're going through.

If you don't somewhat enjoy grinding its tough with games like these...you grind for the feeling you get when you FINALLY get what you wanted if the reward doesn't seem worth it you probably won't play long...hopefully the next one will go better I got my Volt parts in less than 15 runs and Trinity was less than 30.

Edited by Zeke01234

Rate is not really the best word.  Try thinking of it as drop chance.  Chance is the chance of something happening each time you do the run.  Rate is what happens after 10000 runs and is just an average of what happens.

The system is random.  To truly see the whatever percent drop occur, you might need to run 10000 times or more.  No one has done that, especially since you will get what you want long before you get there.  It is still random though and since it is random, there is the chance that you just don't get the drop for many runs.

At least you waited to post after you had run quite a few times and have tracked 60 runs.  Many of the other threads about this usually go in before the person has even killed the boss 10 times.

Edited by JHarlequin

Many of the other threads about this usually go in before the person has even killed the boss 10 times.

I went into this knowing that there would be some luck to it, and I knew I wasn't going to get it extremely fast if I wasn't lucky. I was prepared to accept some margin of bad luck, but 80 runs wasn't what I had in mind.

Oh boy, how exciting. I decided to farm the next boss for Morphics, Sgt Nef Anyo.

We found him and he disappeared. He is nowhere to be found, but he is still talking. The checkpoint sends us in circles, we have enemy radar on, but he is nowhere to be found. Yes, I know he turns invisible, but he is gone. I'm guessing he fell through the floor or something, surprise surprise (just like Jackal floating into and through the ceiling).

80 runs is rather bad luck (my sympathies), unfortunatly thats a problem with random awards, you cant just go in knowing you have maybe 10 or 15 runs and you will have earned enough. 

Personally I'd like to see the possibility of the blueprints being awards for any mission in a planet's system, while the bosses can still be as they are for those that like to do the boss runs.  Atleast that way you can mix up the places you can try to get the blueprints from and maybe alleviate some of that tedium of having to do the exact same boss repeatadly.

Or maybe even occasionally get a warframe part you need when you realy werent trying to get it.

Though ideally I'd love it to be a mini-campaign, triggered by the defeating the boss to actually get the warframes, so that over say a series of 10-20 linking (or semi-linking) missions you get the parts.

Edited by Loswaith

Oh, hot tip:

You don't farm Nef Anyo for morphics, you get the Morphics from the surrounding lockers, enemy drops, and containers.

They say they patched his perma-invis bug, but it's still there. Use a melee weapon with knockdown to get him out of it. He does fall through the floor at times since he's a boss without a cutscene. 

Yeah, it sucks. I've been luckier than most but I understand where you're coming from, playing RNG-c**kblocking games.