Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[TWW] Farming [new resource] has some problems.

TheLexiConArtist

Problem #1: No indication of the new resource's acquisition method.

Yes, it'll happen sooner or later, but it wouldn't have hurt to give a clue or a followup mission to teach a player what to look for/expect if they want to get Kuva. There's also no callout in mission until you get to the room, and then it's all hands on deck, which leads to my next point.

Problem #2: Operator's limitations make life hectic at best, hellish at worst during the challenge [solo especially].

Granted I failed only once so far (mostly due to point 3 but this ties into both following issues) but the workload is nonsense for a solo player, and the 100hp limitation on the Operator form and energy sapping on 'death' creates a messy environment to try to get the job done. Limitations on the energy of any one given player also greatly inhibits the ability to fight Guardians and dash-block the incoming Kuva cloud. You blast and dash to make a Guardian vulnerable, you have one shot, at best, of hitting the cloud. Need to Void Mode to avoid fire? Sorry, no energy left to do the thing.

Problem #3: Visual indications and pathings of Kuva clouds are VERY illogical.

It seems like the remaining tendrils are supposed to push out to the direction of the cloud in order to suck it up, but this is not always the case. Sometimes it comes from the entire opposite direction. Furthermore, the pathing on some of the spawn locations I've seen already have rendered the Kuva essentially uncatchable. Approaches with visual blockades, thanks to the aforementioned pointing issue, are extremely problematic, especially when distracted by Guardians and such. Sometimes, the Kuva will literally approach from a platform above or below the Siphon, making it essentially impossible to see coming, much less intercept.

Problem #4: CODEX PLEASE. There's a drop table in operation.

I have to scan everything until green, Codex entry or not. That said, the Kuva Guardians and Jesters have no entries yet, despite having drops. Important drops, like the Orvius parts. Now imagine the plight of my solo-preferring self, suffering all these latter three issues at once. I'm trying to disarm the guardians (so that the Jester is a viable target and they can be killed for drops), scan the units (go green already please), and contend with impossible to intercept Kuva clouds in an already hectic scenario by virtue of them being badly indicated or flat-out invisible. While trying not to run out of Void Energy or die too much.

And then I noticed the Kuva clouds are a scannable object too, with a tiny hitbox... like trying to scan a Titania's Razorfly. That's just my especially-scan-obsessing burden, but those other four? Totally worth fixing.

Edited by EDYinnit

Ans the fifth issue is why we bring a Helios.

Seriously, though make that investment.  It will save you so much time by virtue of scanning everything for you.  It's great.

As for the other four issues, yeah, that's kind of an issue.  Kind of a big one.

Seriously with this. Just got clean swept of all 8 Kuva clouds start to finish because they came in through terrain and/or the braids were pointing in complete unhelpful directions.

Almost got the eighth spawn, but I got clipped in Operator mode. Instant no energy, sorry, watch it finish the journey with no say in the matter. FANTASTIC.

I mean, it's not the rarest occurrence in the world (if you're on the right node) but come on.

Agree, especially the #2 issue, the Operator is way to handicapped for open combat on high levels, coming from a solo player myself, 100HP is just too low, you're forfeiting quick evasive manuvers and the energy pool is too low. It's not the same as the fight in the Queens' Chamber where it's open and you only have to deal with 2 Kuva Guardians at a time, you're also dealing with hitscan high level Grineer units (Lotus helps you if there're Bombards and Ramparts around). 

Yeah, it's not really well-explained on how to gather Kuva. I mean, you can establish a connection with the quest and make a guess, but it's still vague. I mean, you collect smoke by dashing into them ?

Not to mention they're quite rare, and timed. Yesterday I did around a dozen runs on Sedna (mostly exterminate, capture didn't work well for me with constant spawning enemies), only in 3 of those did I get those Siphons to spawn. And just this morning, RNG blessed me with a resource booster for login reward and 4 Siphons out of the first 6 runs doing capture missions.

Not trying to brag or anything, those aren't exactly the most impressive numbers,  just saying that there're two sides to RNG, and I've been on both.

Why do Siphons spawn in uranus hallways? How is it fair, that there is no room to avoid enemies, that constantly kill the operator AND clouds are succed from the WALLS. How am i supposed to do anything about that? Especially solo? This mechanic is BS, and i am constantly mocked by the Queen, while i am at it.

Imo Kuva Siphons are a Nightmare especially when you´re on an already dark Tileset and combined with my Colorblindness....

I failed about every single time because I cannot see the Clouds, I just can´t.

Not to mention that for some reason you drain your power insanely fast while in Operator Form while you get shot at and tossed around the room by the guards.

I would need a lot more energy as the operator to get those clouds... because I essentially have to guess where the clouds come from... (where the Thing points at... but that doesn´t really help).

Also, my Interface (Health Values etc.) froze about 3 Times (seems to be a bug only with the Kuva Siphon?) so I had to abort anyways.

This Game is a visual mess already, and with my additional handicap it´s impossible for me to succeed to destroy these things.

Just make the Clouds A LOT more apparent and don´t have them spawn from upper walls and ceilings pls XD

Problem #5: Kuva Siphons can occur on Invasion/Infestation nodes when fighting alongside Grineer. The resulting Kuva Guardians, Jesters... and the clouds are friendly and cannot be interacted with using Operator powers.

Also, Lotus and the Queen are still very rude about the guaranteed failure due to invulnerable Kuva clouds, despite the fact we're doing the Grineer a favour by being there. :I

Edited by EDYinnit