Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TWW: stuck at killing guardian

KARTIK_1997

Question

Hello everyone,

I'm stuck at the part where tenno has to kill the guardian. I come out of the frame and stun the guardian and use melee by going back into the frame but nothing seems to be happening.

Please help me ??

Edited by NovusNova
Removed "Megathread" tag

1 hour ago, Azrael said:

I don't know. There are a lot of people asking for a way to change weapons during the quest, so you aren't alone. You can do the entire final fight with just your operator, so if your weapons are that weak you might try to do that. Really it's just a matter of perseverance, and figuring out how to use your operator skills effectively. Don't give up!

I've already given up And I'm hoping that they can do it. So

OK, clearly I'm a dumbarse.  I got it now.   Be sure to be void dashing through them.  I was not hitting sprint but just invisible slide jumping or whatever it is.  It has to be the big void dash thing when they are orange.  Then you will hear the weapon drop, a definite clatter on the floor.  Then turn around and Void Blast them and they die.  Or transfer back and whack them with your Zenistar, or whatever melee weapon.  Clearly we are all using Zenistars in this thread though.   :laugh:

3 minutes ago, Don_T_Shoot said:

Clearly we are all using Zenistars in this thread though. 

I pretty much assumed that all other melee weapons in the game had been deleted when the Zenistar was released. At least, I certainly don't use anything else.  :)

So, this important lesson about bringing the right mods?

How the flying ... does that help me when I leave my Warframe (HINT: OPERATOR HAS NO MODS!), Void Blast one of the two guardians (HINT: I CAN ONLY STOP ONE!), wait for him to fall to his knees and ... OH HEY, somehow I drop back out of the void the moment I hold Ctrl, and THERE comes the other guardian to throw me back in my Warframe so I can start over NO WAIT HE KILLED ME!

SCREW THIS S#&$. If this is the future of Warframe you have at least one less player after a 265 login streak.

10 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

So, this important lesson about bringing the right mods?

How the flying ... does that help me when I leave my Warframe (HINT: OPERATOR HAS NO MODS!)

You don't need them, your operator is more than capable of handling things.

16 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

SCREW THIS S#&$. If this is the future of Warframe you have at least one less player after a 265 login streak.

I get that it's a little frustrating, and it's a new skill and set of tactics. But most people have managed to finish the quest without quitting warframe. I'm sure if you think carefully about your tactics and have some patience you'll manage it.

8 minutes ago, Azrael said:

You don't need them, your operator is more than capable of handling things.

I get that it's a little frustrating, and it's a new skill and set of tactics. But most people have managed to finish the quest without quitting warframe. I'm sure if you think carefully about your tactics and have some patience you'll manage it.

And I'm sure if you try a little harder you can be even MORE condescending!

Look, I don't give a rat's &#! what others have managed to do. Others have managed to build giant multi-national conglomerates, that doesn't mean I can just do that if I try a little harder.

The thing is, if this is what Warframe is going to be now? If THIS is how we're going to be fighting? Then this game is NOT FOR ME because I am not ENTERTAINED. Do you understand what that means?

Having patience with a fight that is OMGDON'TBLINKORYOUDIEANDGETTOSTARTALLOVERBECAUSEDARKSOULSISAWESOMESTGAMEEVER! is just not for me. So I'm done. I quit. And I really don't need your permission or approval to do so.

27 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

And I'm sure if you try a little harder you can be even MORE condescending!

What do you want me to say? That it's literally impossible? That you're totally justified in quitting over a boss fight? This isn't a giant multinational conglomerate we're talking about here, it's just a boss fight in warframe. Is this level of rage really needed?

17 minutes ago, Azrael said:

What do you want me to say? That it's literally impossible? That you're totally justified in quitting over a boss fight? This isn't a giant multinational conglomerate we're talking about here, it's just a boss fight in warframe. Is this level of rage really needed?

You know, I actually think this level of anger, not rage, IS needed.

Because thanks to DE's design philosophy I am literally LOCKED OUT of a game I have enjoyed for the past nine months until I can complete a trial that is, sadly, not within my skillset. I can't shrug and decide to come back in a week, I am UNABLE TO PLAY until I manage to get through this trial. And again, if I do get through the trial? I notice you aren't actually commenting on whether this is how we fight from now on, hopping in and out of our frame. I'm going to have to assume that this is the future of the game, and that is a future without me.

54 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

I notice you aren't actually commenting on whether this is how we fight from now on, hopping in and out of our frame. I'm going to have to assume that this is the future of the game, and that is a future without me.

Why would you assume that it was? Did they delete all the weapons in the game and I didn't notice? After the quest only the Kuva farm requires popping out of your frame, and it's not hard at all. Plus the entire kuva mechanic can be safely ignored. So no, they didn't turn the entire game into this one boss fight repeated over and over.

Seems i'm not the only one getting piss off by this "boss".

Got S#&$ty machete, hard to deals with the guards and even when i get ot good, one get stuck and won't pick up his weapon... So i can't end this damn fight.

I'm also nearly quitting this game.

How can someone design something like that ? With ther experience it is not possible, really. DId interns made that quest ?

Just now, dquag said:

hard to deals with the guards and even when i get ot good, one get stuck and won't pick up his weapon... So i can't end this damn fight.

I don't understand. Why does he need to pick up a weapon? If you disarm the guard you can kill him, he doesn't need to pick anything up. Could you clarify?

You may kill it in one go whith good weapon i don't know.

I have a machete low lvl no mods because i wasn't aware of this fight. So guardians don't die in one go. They go pick up their weapon to become invincible again. And i have to stun them again and again... But sometimes (3 times now) they got stuck picking up their weapon and of course they are already invincible...

So i can do S#&$.

Edited by dquag

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:31 AM, KARTIK_1997 said:

Hello everyone,

I'm stuck at the part where tenno has to kill the guardian. I come out of the frame and stun the guardian and use melee by going back into the frame but nothing seems to be happening.

Please help me ??

There's a glitch where the method for making them vulnerable to attack wasn't working.  I had this same problem and had to continue quite a few times before it started working correctly.  You'll know when it's working as the guardians will get a red glyph on their stomach to show you can attack them. 

I spent about 30+ minutes fighting them before it finally started working.  Then it fight only took a few minutes to kill them all.  I think the most recent update 19.0.2 might have resolved that problem.