Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILER] Loose ends

Antiphoton

Next, a few things I'd like to discuss about what happens in the quest we just got. Obviously, major spoilers ahead.

Spoiler

I loved playing it, but the ending left me with a bittersweet taste. I loved it because it had plenty of intense and emotional moments. But at the same time, I'm kinda disenchanted with the aftermath. The whole quest presents A LOT of questions, but almost no answers. All the quest does is confirm the theories that we had before, and which were answered by the Kweens and Teshin themselves in the hype site and social media, applying Occam's Razor. Yes, Teshin is a Dax. Yes, the Kweens are Orokin that need to consume us to steal our vitality. Yes, we got to play as the operator without a warframe. However, now we are left in the dark regarding the following:

- Why did Teshin betray the Kweens in the first place, and why does he care so much about us? Dax soldiers are supposed to fear the Tenno, as if they were ruthless golems with godlike status (Mag Prime codex). I guess that after millennia of serving them, he simply had enough, and his morals differed with their intentions, but none of that is confirmed.

- The Kweens ordered Teshin to bring us before them. What would he do if we wouldn't have followed him? Why didn't he teach us about our true power before?

- What / when / where was the scene in the cave, when Ordis' countdown is about to finish? Was it an allucination induced by Teshin? Some kind of internal meditation with physical properties, out of time? How did Teshin take us there?

- We get flashbacks of what happened in the Zariman 10-0, but the cryptic wording didn't help to understand them clearly. The grown ups went mad because of the Void, and we killed them? Did the Orokin send an extermination team to kill them themselves, and only keep the most influentiable specimens (the children)?

- What was the whole thing about Margulis' lies? Or, "lies by omission". Does that refer to the fact that she didn't told us that we, as Tenno, have Void powers that we can use without a warframe? But if she wasn't even alive to see what happened to us!

- The Kweens seem to be particularly interested in the Tenno, in the sense that they chose to steal only and specifically their bodies. I mean, if they can use any body, why did they risk bringing us to their fortress? And if they cannot use any body but ours, how did they survive for thousands of years until this point? Maybe they can use almost any body, but knowing that we are awake, they wanted our powers for themselves. But then again, speculation.

- What do the Kweens want, besides surviving? Why are they twins? Why one is older than another?

- Why are the Grineer so loyal to their Kweens? There was a codex entry, can't remember which one, that tells us about an Orokin that was kidnapped by Grineer rebels, and they used her as a tool. But they didn't follow her orders, they even threatened her, and simply kept her alive because she was useful as a prisoner. After some time she begins to use the Grineer rebels as well, to survive the fall of the Orokin empire, but we do not know anything else.

- Mechanic-wise, our new Tenno powers are only useful to defeat one rare enemy: the Kuva guardians. And for fashionframe, of course. But it is a way too complex system for such a simple purpose. Plus the whole thing with our decisions that determines our new "school", what was that about? Why did they even include that if we cannot use it? What happens with the red liquid?

- Yesterday, during the stream, Reb said that the Worm Kween (the younger one) is amazing and that there is some cool stuff involving her. But she only had two or three lines of dialogue, and less than a minute of screen time o.O

However, this is not a complaint. What I think (or hope) is that DE is going to answer these topics (specially the last two) sooner than we think. Maybe in a surprise lore-heavy update, or with the updates that will bring us the bard and infested frames. I'd like to hear your opinions, fellow Tenno.

P.S.

Why are the twins called "Kweens" and not "Queens"? I see it a lot, and like it, too. But I am not sure if that way of writing it is canon.

Edited by Antiphoton

I think we've barely scratched the surface of anything...
Something is definitely waiting for us again... (See you in late 2017 for U20 and another quest!)

That creepy moment at the end of the quest is making me question everything once again... what/who could be speaking through the Operator?
Very interesting.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

The age difference is easy answered: The young queen probably got some "food" lately, while the old one didnt.

Also Its they ate from sleeping tenno, before the awakening. However, this would mean they knew about the moon and where able to get there, which is perfectly possible, as they had been alive when it vanished, and Teshin could have gotten there to get all the sleepers they required, which could be a very low amount.

After all, hiding the moon should protect us from the sentient's, not the grineer.

The Zariman:

We DID kill them from what ive heard and from what makes sense. They went mad, and we defended ourselves. Thats why the queen talked about how we hunted them, and thats why margoulis  deleted our memory: Because it was very cruel and traumatizing.

EDIT: I personly set high hopes in the infested door.

We now know plenty about the Operators but nothing about the warframes.

In the excal p codex still remains the line "We build a frame around them" and this probably reffers to the grownups there.

I wouldnt be surprised, if the frames actually turned out to be our parents, or at east people from this ship.

The warframe in the second dream still broke war, without known reason.

Id actually be disapointed if they where just metal pupets, I even believe that they stretch this fact, this wording regarding the Frames as pure "things" so they could surprise us with the opposite.

Edited by Dawn11715

A whole lot of questions, that are very much deserved. Let's see, I'll quote you and answer what able in itallic in the same quote box:

15 minutes ago, Antiphoton said:
  Hide contents

I loved playing it, but the ending left me with a bittersweet taste. I loved it because it had plenty of intense and emotional moments. But at the same time, I'm kinda disenchanted with the aftermath. The whole quest presents A LOT of questions, but almost no answers. All the quest does is confirm the theories that we had before, and which were answered by the Kweens and Teshin themselves in the hype site and social media, applying Occam's Razor. Yes, Teshin is a Dax. Yes, the Kweens are Orokin that need to consume us to steal our vitality. Yes, we got to play as the operator without a warframe. However, now we are left in the dark regarding the following:

- Why did Teshin betray the Kweens in the first place, and why does he care so much about us? Dax soldiers are supposed to fear the Tenno, as if they were ruthless golems with godlike status (Mag Prime codex). I guess that after millennia of serving them, he simply had enough, and his morals differed with their intentions, but none of that is confirmed.

-The Queens are most likely to be Orokin, but not of the ruler class. Kuria reveals that, because they were twins, the Orokin, who viewed them as those low class Grineer shunned them and wanted them dead. Teshin is bound to them not because they're Orokin, but because they have the Kuva staff, which would be a symbol of the Empire ruling class.

- The Kweens ordered Teshin to bring us before them. What would he do if we wouldn't have followed him? Why didn't he teach us about our true power before?

He explicitly notes he is bound to their servitude because he can't rise his blade against them because of the Kuva.

- What / when / where was the scene in the cave, when Ordis' countdown is about to finish? Was it an allucination induced by Teshin? Some kind of internal meditation with physical properties, out of time? How did Teshin take us there?

The place is pretty much physical. If anything we made some Void shenanigans to go back in time. TBH, this one needs to be answered on stream next Friday.

- We get flashbacks of what happened in the Zariman 10-0, but the cryptic wording didn't help to understand them clearly. The grown ups went mad because of the Void, and we killed them? Did the Orokin send an extermination team to kill them themselves, and only keep the most influentiable specimens (the children)?

By the quotes of the Lotus, it seems to imply the Orokin did all the Zariman incident on purpose (just like the Ember Prime codex foreshadows). We killed the grown ups, most likely desintegrated them.

- What was the whole thing about Marguli's lies? Or, "lies by omission". Does that refer to the fact that she didn't told us that we, as Tenno, have Void powers that we can use without a warframe? But if she wasn't even alive to see what happened to us!

Margulis died when she opposed the Orokin Council to use the Tenno as a weapon, and use her therapeutic Transference as a means of controlling the Warframes. To hide the pain from the Tenno, she induced the Second Dream, sang to the children, basically made them forget their "Void" nature as much as possible.

- The Kweens seem to be particularly interested in the Tenno, in the sense that they chose to steal only and specifically their bodies. I mean, if they can use any body, why did they risk bringing us to their fortress? And if they cannot use any body but ours, how did they survive for thousands of years until this point? Maybe they can use almost any body, but knowing that we are awake, they wanted our powers for themselves. But then again, speculation.

You would also be interested in the body of a seemingly ageless orphan with incredible powers.

- What do the Kweens want, besides surviving? Why are they twins? Why one is older than another?

The same as the Grineer, to rule the Origin System and everything beyond that's possible to them. They're Twins by genetics :P I guess the Elder Queen has yet to renew Continuity, while the Young one must have gone through it recently.

- Why are the Grineer so loyal to their Kweens? There was a codex entry, can't remember which one, that tells us about an Orokin that was kidnapped by Grineer rebels, and they used her as a tool. But they didn't follow her orders, they even threatened her, and simply kept her alive because she was useful as a prisoner. After some time she begins to use the Grineer rebels as well, to survive the fall of the Orokin empire, but we do not know anything else.

Because the Queens are Orokin, but were rejected. The Kuria poem will shed some light on this one :)

- Mechanic-wise, our new Tenno powers are only useful to defeat one rare enemy: the Kuva guardians. And for fashionframe, of course. But it is a way too complex system for such a simple purpose. Plus the whole thing with our decisions that determines our new "school", what was that about? Why did they even include that if we cannot use it? What happens with the red liquid?

Ah, we don't know yet. We may use it later on... The red liquid (Kuva), is either, destroyed, handed to Teshin or consumed by the Tenno. That's your choice.

- Yesterday, during the stream, Reb said that the Worm Kween (the younger one) is amazing and that there is some cool stuff involving her. But she only had two or three lines of dialogue, and less than a minute of screen time o.O

Play the tileset! She has amazingly funny quotes! But yes, I wish she had more dialogue too!

Answered all I could :)