Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Playing co-op with others is like participating in team speed runs.

Aurores

Most of the time when I am playing co-op with other people I feel like I am in some kind of race.

As soon as I join the game the race begin. People using all possible ways to get speed and move as fast as they can.

In most cases the first person is the strongest one that not afraid of enemies and who is able to deal serious amount of damage to them.

Using sprint whenever possible will not guarantee that there will be anything to shoot or loot, because everything can be looted and killed already or almost finished.

Sure I can play like that, but this is not fun, when 3 people run all together for every lock box to open it.

The one of many examples:

I was playing Hades mission with team of four people and all I can say It was like fight for the enemies to kill. Who first.

I had hope that at least I would be able to do some damage to the boss but... no way....

He is dead already, in seconds after the first person get to him. So cool.

This is co-op but at this moment in my eyes it looks like every player work for himself only and there is no any cooperation between players, it's just like singleplayer with other people.

But, that's just my point of view

Pretty much. It might change when the difficulty of coop games is increased (a lot). Right now there rally isn't any reason to synergise the skills of the various warframes. Trinity is kind of worthless in groups because if someone does die somehow, it's usually pretty simple to revive them with full health and shields. I don't think I've noticed Mag's polarize ever being used on an ally.

As far as Hades goes, I've noticed people killing Etina almost instantly as well, and I'm not sure how people are still doing it. I thought there wasn't supposed to be that kind of runaway damage multiplication after the last patch. No Volts in the group, either.

The game is bugged at the moment so that when there are 4 people in a party, the Hades boss can be one shot by pretty much anything. It becomes incredibly weak and I have no idea why. Doesn't happen when there's 3.

As far as the race goes, yes, it can be like that but I'm guessing the difficulty will be raised soon. Besides, can always play with people you know and go on comms to organize. At least everyone gets the same exp, mods and resources that drop even if this does become more of a problem.

I totally agree, the difficulty needs to be raised by a lot so people actually have to stop and corner peek Heavy Grineers and need to work together to bring down ancients . Currently its just a "pick Volt and spam Ult" party (i have seen volt players with mods that make their ult stronger , consume less energy and have increased range clearing the whole minimap through walls). I think that the Warframes and their abilitys are pretty well thought out , they are just not really balanced and the enemies are way way to easy. You don't even need to work as a team other than shredding the bosses together or the occasional revive.

I have faith in the developers and i do like the game so much that the money for a founders pack is already sent (can't wait for it :D).

Edited by Riki-Oh

They still have the same problem of difficulty not scaling with potency of the players.

It shouldn't even be too hard to implement. Each enemy has variable damage, armor and health (naturally the head armor should always be weak/lesser than body to award for skill/time taken to get that shot).

These would scale according to the maximum damage output of the team.

A rough 'formula' could be:

(dps1+dps2+dps3+dps4*difficulty)/amorRatio*quantityOfPlayers

Later on a different method of calculating potential damage output could be incorporated for better experience. (Accuracy, distance, human errros etc etc)

Rewards would also scale with the effort required to clear a map.

Edited by damnagic

What about having more enemies spawn according to how many players have joined? I know that might get a little crazy though (frame rates + ping may suffer).

Heh, or (and this is just an idea) - have it so that when more players join a session, more 'tough' units spawn instead of/added to trash mobs? Having 7/8 heavy gunners/ napalmers/ Ancients regularly filling the next room during a 4 man run may cause some serious re-thinking on the part of whoever goes running helter skelter solo through a map. More XP for all involved and it might just force people to coordinate or die.

I only suggest these methods because I seriously dislike when games take the easy route of just giving all mobs more armor per player joined. It just never feels right when your awesome weapon that you've put so much effort into suddenly has to hit a basic unit 6 times as opposed to 1 to kill it (Diablo comes to mind first in my case- really, REALLY hated having to bash a lvl 2 zombie six or seven times before it went down while my partner ran around picking up loot...)

thats true, some of my friends quit because we were to fast for them.

"i can play solo then if no one wants to coop with me"

the double-doors are one way to add coop, but we need more of it.

enemys that can only be fought with two or four people or something like that,

consoles in different locations who needs to be activated at the same time etc

I really wish there was an ingame lobby where players could form their own teams and specifying the type of game; speed runs, components farming, etc...

As many have noted, the only way to really enjoy the game currently is to play solo. That or have already have friends that you can set up private matches with. Unfortuantely, one of the aspects of online gaming is meeting new people, which playing solo or only with existing friends precludes. While the game is mostly great fun, it is lacking in immersion or any sense of community.

One thing that I've noticed in just about every other online game, but don't see in this game is forum celebrities. There are no well known personalities that are famous due to their mastery of the game and sought for their wisdom thereof. No one really recognizes each other from the game, or have any referals with regards to who is or isn't fun to play with.

There is a subforum for guild recruitment, but almost no sense of presence of any of them within the game. Were it not for the "groups" counter within the game, you would have no idea anyone else was ever playing the game.

Edited by Ryme

Yep that is the biggest problem with this game right now there is no fear if you are playing multiplayer. just run as fast as you can to kill as fast as you can.

I remember i started a mission online but was by myself, i had just bought the sniper rifle and was sneaking along trying to be as tactical as possible. then two people joined my game and it just became a speed run as the OP called it. I didn't use my sniper rifle the rest of the time because they killed stuff too fast so i just ran ahead with my pistols.

this game needs more tactical elements i know we are supposed to be space ninjas but not everyone wants to play the run and gun playstyle. it should be possible to offer both.

then you got those people who do rush and get to the end and start screaming at you to hurry up. plus those guys who run to the elivator and you were almost there and they go down without you.

Those are the best, because they don't even kill everything, just rush. They leave you at the elevator while the 15-20 guys they didn't bother to kill catch up. If you're lucky, you're the host and can just screw them back by quitting.

Yeah I think from now on I'll just casually walk to objectives, maybe take a gander a the pretty lights of a power core.

All joking aside, I do find it a little annoying when it's one guy who is way far ahead because he skipped passed the enemies. Never terribly helpful. However, currently this game has pretty standard environments, and standard locker/storage container locations. When you hit Shift, you run faster until stamina runs out, so it shouldn't take that long to have seen every variation of the current tileset.

Also bear in mind when a group actually is doing a speed run. With the exception of the Mercury boss, there are many doing speed runs in order to get through boss runs sooner rather than later in the hopes of acquiring that gosh dern blueprint they are after. I must have done Tyl Regar 30 times last night and blueprints didn't even drop half the time, nor did I acquire the Ash Helmet I was after.

Ideas for stealth game types and the like have their own posts and are a different subject matter entirely. I too hope for additional 'modes' and thankfully new environments are already on the way.

Yes it does suck when people going through for the first time end up paired up wit people who are just farming.

Maybe in the game they could add option to the online play where you can "select" the type of play style one is going for so everyone has an understanding of what is going on. As of right now you will need to use the board to try to get play buds to play the same way you do. Or..... you can just get the most pick ups?

why would you even speed rush? you can't collect credits/materials like that. i don't understand these people. only useful on boss levels.

Because after a certain number of runs, all you're after is that one final blueprint. It does take quite a while for some people on certain blueprint sets. Nothing all that new there.

Yes, I too wish there is a future in a more standard Peer to peer lobby system, so we can join who we want, kick who we want, and generally group with people who are after the same thing. Not sure if such a change is coming, but we can hope! For now, make more friends and hope the Contact list is working properly (among other connection issues).