The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven mod reroll cost increments...

Separius

...need to go or need to be capped. I'm at my 5th reroll and it costs 3400 Kuva. Let's not get into how tedious and random (and buggy sometimes) Kuva farming is, but that's the main reason I'm complaing. That plus how random the rolls on these (most of the time S#&$ty) RNG mods are.

Rerolling your crafted gear in WoW had a fixed cost, and you could still get screwed over completely by getting the same stats several times in a row.  At least there you could sell an item with caster stats, and then buy one with melee stats.  Here there is only good or bad.

The purpose of no re-roll cap is so you will eventually junk the mod and farm a new one.

It's obviously a long term system that you're not supposed to finish in a month like majority of their other content.

I'm quite happy with the potential invested time on these mods. People rave RNG like it's an evil hex but it's nothing more than play time.

4 hours ago, polarity said:

That can vary between minutes or months of required play time, all down to the luck of the player.

It will vary but not as much as many might think because even if you're the luckiest person in the world and have 100% perfect rolls you still have a reason to continue to invest play time into the system.  Unlike most items in this game Riven mods leave the economy which prolongs their value. and gives a player prolonged value to their play time.

I for one will continue to invest time into the system even when I have everything I want because there's trade value in doing so.