Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Apparition

Krion112

ulhMoqn.jpg

Void Apparition

Normally, I've been somewhat opposed to the idea of the Void acting as an enemy, but some recent experimentation I've carried out in game-design has lead me to use the Void as the theme for a faction utilizing a potential empty role that could be exploited. While presenting the concept is a long ways off, I wanted to share the piece of concept art I've drawn to demonstrate the potential look of a unit for the Void, if the Void was a faction.

It's based upon the strange, nebular clouds of the Void and the odd bone-like appendages on Void Traces. Let me know what you think!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

I think it looks much better than the current sentient designs. Reminds me of the really agile infested from dark sector.

True, Sentients look a lot stiffer than this design. These Void Bones look alien and almost beast-like.

Edited by Beggining
Woot da woop

8 hours ago, Beggining said:

They kinda looked like Sentients too, cuz bones.

Indeed, the Sentient do have some art style in common with the Void already, with all the bone-like materials. Perhaps it's a hint into their history.

8 hours ago, bowiespoon said:

Creepy and alien.

I love it.

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Rhekemi said:

I dig it. That, and having finished TWW, I think there's plenty of room for your to-be-posted concept.

Indeed, it seemed to me like DE was presenting a personality to the Void, as though it would appear as a force to be dealt with later. Reminds me of their design for the Darkness from their game of the same title. Although, I am hoping the Void isn't as 'ridiculous' as the Darkness, just that it's illogical.

2 hours ago, Deshiel said:

Well if you played the new strange quest you found this inhuman skeletal head that would whisper n stuff. Your concept reminds me of that aaand I think that you might actualy be onto something :)

Yeah, the Arcane Machine. I'm pretty sure it's actually a piece from a Sentient, but the Sentient and the Void do share some similarities in style already.

And thanks!

• 6 years later...

This has been a real while and I DEFINITELY think that could work great. The concept of the void being a faction has kind of been introduced in the new Duviri Paradox but I definitely believe more “Void” Void things would be a great addition. Although, Duviri Paradox introduced Dominus Thrax as a kind of “Void”-related leader although not fully. Still I believe it would work and be GREAT.