Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to activate the focus after TWW [spoilers]

Lijka

Question

So how am I supposed to activate my focus school now? Yes, yes, I read patch notes and I know I am to hold the button now rather than tap it. The problem is, it's not really true, for no matter what I do I get the Transference anyway. Why complicate it so and not simpy use a different key-binding for us, keyboard users?

Anyone had this problem and if so how did you solve it?

11 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

hold 5 to focus, press 5 to tenno 

it works for me : / 

and the reason is that DE is avoiding adding more more keys since it'll be too complicated. it'd be even worse to controler users 

Not really its not to bad for controller users actually, not to bad just tab rb or hold rb now the hotfix has come out

2 minutes ago, paul5473 said:

Not really its not to bad for controller users actually, not to bad just tab rb or hold rb now the hotfix has come out

Yeah on controller i actualy got to redirect it on my select button becasue else holding it actualy pop up the ability selection menu.

7 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

it'd be even worse to controler users 

not really.

the default Tenno Power use button is R1+L1 or tapping the touchpad in. i have since rebound my touch pad to have pizzas and other gear items. 

making the "Operator Mode" tap R1+L1 and Focus ability hold R1+L1 will take some time to get used to (or i may reverse it around for conveniens sake) may take a min to get used to, but not really all that bad.

11 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

hold 5 to focus, press 5 to tenno 

it works for me : / 

Well, it doesn't for me and since finishing TWW I just can't use my focus.

They need to do things differently for controler users anyway, there is no reason for not using separate key for keyboards and leaving it as it is for controlers.

Edited by Lijka

6 minutes ago, paul5473 said:

What having the focus school selected and holding RB?

For me its actualy on the LB .

LB is actualy Tap to activate Hold to pop up menu and when the menu is poped i can ABXY for ability. If i select focus and hold LB its actualy using focus but if i just tap it its not doing transference.

So i redirected select to focus in the meantime.

Edited by trunks013

You're not doing anything wrong, but yesterday's hotfix botched this. The activation method for both focus and transference mode seems to be absolutely random. Sometimes tapping 5 won't let me go into transference, sometimes it will send me into focus if it's not on cooldown, sometimes it won't do anything. Holding 5 seems to always work for transference, but not for focus anymore, making it actually impossible to go into focus in some missions.

At least that has been my experience with this today.

Edited by Drakenreiter

2 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

For me its actualy on the LB .

LB is actualy Tap to activate Hold to pop up menu and when the menu is poped i can ABXY for ability. If i select focus and hold LB its actualy using focus but if i just tap it its not doing transference.

Oh for me when i select my focus school on the list at the bottom using my d pad and tap RB i get my operator then tap it again to go back to my warframe

The actual binding doesn't have anything to do whatsoever with how long you hold the button.

If you're currently moving forward, you'll Focus.  If not, you'll Operator.  I've tested this a few times (including in the Simulacrum) and it's consistent.

23 minutes ago, Drakenreiter said:

You're not doing anything wrong, but yesterday's hotfix botched this. The activation method for both focus and transference mode seems to be absolutely random. Sometimes tapping 5 won't let me go into transference, sometimes it will send me into focus if it's not on cooldown, sometimes it won't do anything. Holding 5 seems to always work for transference, but not for focus anymore, making it actually impossible to go into focus in some missions.

At least that has been my experience with this today.

Thank you, at least I know I'm not alone and that it's actually recent (I finished TWW only today). From what you say it seems that tapping 5 has a better chance of activating the focus than holding it.