Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] Why was Focus Power Hotkey removed?

Arkfall

Question

I don't like wasting time in the middle of a fire fight trying to use ability Dots, and the "Use selected power" Hotkeys. But if we have to now, just to use the Focus Ability, Frankly, it's not worth the effort to me.

.... And why wasn't a new Power Hotkey added to the keybind to make room for it? this would make so much more sense to me.

9 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

If only we could invert the function to tap for Focus, hold for Transference.

Mine currently IS inverted. After Hotfix 19.0.2 it reversed for me and I couldn't be happier. Not sure why, but it might have something to do with the inverted tap/hold option in the controls menu.

15 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Because it makes perfect sense to force players to redo their muscle memory for a gimmick ability.

If only we could invert the function to tap for Focus, hold for Transference.

You're making mountains out of anthills. This is not game-breaking, nor is it really difficult. Bullet-jumping was a much, MUCH bigger muscle-memory switch than this. You're acting like DE is forcing you to completely change your playstyle and disrupting your entire game.

You literally have to hold it instead of tap it. Its almost childish how easy this is to do.

And you made a comment about how its unfair.

Edited by JarkayPahnts45

Just now, JarkayPahnts45 said:

You're making mountains out of anthills. This is not game-breaking, nor is it really difficult. Bullet-jumping was a much, MUCH bigger muscle-memory switch than this. You're acting like DE is forcing you to completely change your playstyle and disrupting your entire game.

You literally have to hold it instead of tap it. Its almost childish how easy this is to do.

And you made a thread about how its unfair.

First of all, not my thread.

Second of all, voicing my opinion is not childish - screaming and yelling and calling other people names is childish.

12 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Mine currently IS inverted. After Hotfix 19.0.2 it reversed for me and I couldn't be happier. Not sure why, but it might have something to do with the inverted tap/hold option in the controls menu.

I had NOT noticed that particular setting. It does indeed invert the 5 button tap/hold, and as I don't play any frames that use that system (can only think of it on Ivara, really) I am otherwise unaffected. Thank you!

i hope they give us an option to flip it....i like having my ivara as hold to fire and tap to change quiver....not the other way around lol

tap for focus and hold to trasference would be better...but i SORT of see why it would be tap, to make it easier to fight the guardians