Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Void Trace farming still possible with the recent updates?

Dielle

Question

So with Nekros and Nova P getting vaulted next week, I have a little bit of shopping to do it seems lol. I was wondering if there was any way to get more than around 15 traces per mission, because it takes me about a day to even get around 100 for a Radiant upgrade. Anyone have any tip/tricks besides using hydroid/ivara/nekros for increased chance? I'm not sure if those even work now.

10 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Dielle said:

So with Nekros and Nova P getting vaulted next week, I have a little bit of shopping to do it seems lol. I was wondering if there was any way to get more than around 15 traces per mission, because it takes me about a day to even get around 100 for a Radiant upgrade. Anyone have any tip/tricks besides using hydroid/ivara/nekros for increased chance? I'm not sure if those even work now.

The new endless void missions seem to be efficient for gathering traces, but until they are stable you risk losing everything and your relics to boot if you disconnect or get a host migration. If you run these in a coordinated group, you can ensure you are selecting the same relics to increase the chances of getting a specific thing, and then if you are the one that unlocks it, the others will give you the trace boost. That happens every time a relic is opened. If you PUG, you can't see the initial relic chosen by everyone, but the way the UI is designed you will see all of the subsequent ones both while you are choosing and after everyone locks them in. 

5 minutes ago, Dielle said:

So with Nekros and Nova P getting vaulted next week

Only Nova should be getting vaulted?

5 minutes ago, Dielle said:

I was wondering if there was any way to get more than around 15 traces per mission, because it takes me about a day to even get around 100 for a Radiant upgrade.

Resource booster :V sadly

That said, Void Fissure Survival gives you traces every 5 minutes. And doing, say, a bunch of Void Fissure Capture wouldn't take that much longer. Get a good groove on and you should be able to knock out a radiant in under an hour

6 minutes ago, Dielle said:

Anyone have any tip/tricks besides using hydroid/ivara/nekros for increased chance? I'm not sure if those even work now.

They never worked. Traces are dropped by the relic itself, not enemies

Hydroid, Ivara and Nekros don't work. They worked on the fissures' first iteration, long since changed.

1. Resource booster - it affects the void traces received

2. Smeeta Kavat - with its 120s Charm buff (2x pickups) you get double traces if picking tenth reactant while the buff is active

Also, try out the endless fissures, you get bonus upgraded relics there so you have many chances for a Nova set relic =)

Edited by Raniu

8 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Only Nova should be getting vaulted?

Resource booster :V sadly

That said, Void Fissure Survival gives you traces every 5 minutes. And doing, say, a bunch of Void Fissure Capture wouldn't take that much longer. Get a good groove on and you should be able to knock out a radiant in under an hour

They never worked. Traces are dropped by the relic itself, not enemies

Yep, to clarify this, since I missed it originally - only the Nova items are being vaulted (Nova P, Vasto P, Soma P). Nekros will stop being sold next week at the same time, but that is only so that the next prime to enter rotation can be started. Nekros won't get vaulted until his turn in the rotation, and since he's the newest addition, he'll be the last to get vaulted from the currently available frames. With the rate that frames are being vaulted and released, you can expect to have access to a frame for almost a year, then lose it for 2.5 years if it's not unvaulted out of order (I think).

7 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Yes you can. Pause the game

See? Learn something new every day.

8 minutes ago, Raniu said:

Hydroid, Ivara and Nekros don't work. They worked on the fissures' first iteration, long since changed.

1. Resource booster - it affects the void traces received

2. Smeeta Kavat - with its 120s Charm buff (2x pickups) you get double traces if picking tenth reactant while the buff is active

Also, try out the endless fissures, you get bonus upgraded relics there so you have many chances for a Nova set relic =)

You also earn stacking boosters with each wave, which includes resources - so if these are working on the traces you receive, it's worth running the endless fissure missions for sure... once they're fixed.