Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Valid For High-Level Missions ?

Kn0xxPT

Question

Ok,

I will pop the question to End-Game Players.

I started with Excalibur got it till level 30, gave it a candy potatoe .. then finished farming Volt.

Volt now is level 16, but i think Excalibur its more fun/pratical to play ..(gotta love Slash Dash ).

And my question is.... since I like Excalibur, is he valid option for Highlevel/end-game content ?

I read somewhere that Excalibur..is just good till mid-game... can someone tell from experience with excalibur at High-Level ?

tyvm

14 answers to this question

excalibur is very valid even in end game, altought in very high lvl defense mission some other frame can perform better

(that's the only place where he will fall behind other frames...)

Cali is capable of doing very well anywhere he wants!

Edited by Phoenix86

Any frame is suitable for endgame content, or what passes for endgame right now. If you're talking high level defense, there's only 4 frames that are any good really (Nyx > Vauban > Frost > Trinity (iffy)). But if you're talking solo on pluto, then any frame can work.

edit: I guess Banshee for sonar on high level defense might be a 5th viable option, and probably more so than trinity. also her sound quake staggers are good for keeping stuff from getting to the pod in a pinch and sonic boom for blowing toxics off who do manage to break the perimeter.

Edited by Yorinar

i don't have experiance with excalibur at the end game. but i will just say this every frame is valid you just need to know your role

and now days if you got the proper mods and potato'ed enough you can handle every thing

you just need to know the role of the frame

some are more defensive some more offensive and some are supportive

for example the excalibur is a more mobile and offensive frame so just play your role and you'll be fine.

but as far as frames go. as far as i noticed caster frames are pretty fun and feel a bit over power to play so if you are looking for face melters go with casters..aka : mag / saryn / ember / nyx etc.

anyhow whats more important is the mods get good mods and work your way on improving them

Either way good luck with that.

I prefer my Excaliber atm, Line them up and slash dash, /repeat back the way if not all dead and pickup energy from the kills.  Saves ammo for when you need it in the void.  Just be sure to have roll bound for those leech drones, pita doing a slash in to a pack of Corpus and can't get out as you get 4 or 5 attached and have no power left in seconds

But waiting on a Vauban chassis and Rhino which is being built atm, so that might change

Excaliburs ult can outdamage every other ultimate when used right, it may have a maximum of 12 enemies or so, but if these enemies are not standing around you but in front of you, you can hit most enemies twice with the spears, this is really good for killing whole spawns of infested in def mission, even ancients up to lvl 60-80. Tried it on outer terminus too, corpus are dying very fast. Radial blind is also useful as you can stop a whole infested rush with it and give your team time to kill the enemies. And theres slash dash, yeah, everybody knows it.

Well, any frame is OK - they are all well-balanced. You just have to know how to utilize each of their powers and play them 'well'. I maxed excalibur and ran xini with him a few times ( in the old days ) and he was fine - he totally held his own. Just go with the frame that you enjoy playing the most!

Excalibur can do well on just about everything but doesn't necessarily excel at any single thing except maybe 1v1ing bosses (using radial javelins to hit the boss for 1000's of damage) but of course trinity and others are just as good if not better at this. however due to being an all rounder I dare say that he is better for end game content than most any other frame as no matter the situation or enemy excal can handle itself whether you need to escape, rush, 1v1 or smash up whole crowds.

the game balanced all the frames to be good at all levels ofcourse some are OP and some arent but generally all can survive, it just takes a certain amount of skill to handle them at higher levels. its not down to the frame but rather the weapon your'e using as many of the frame skills can only do so much when it hits a certain level, u cant 1 shot the mobs anymore with skills and its down to the highest damaging weapon.