Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happened to the Zariman?

OriVerda

As the title says. 

I'm wondering what happened to this ship, its maiden voyage, what went wrong, where it is now and what secrets remain. 

I can't help but imagine it as an immense colony vessel that could eventually become a tileset for us to explore. There could be a mission to recover its datalogs from a ship cephalon or something.

19 minutes ago, OriVerda said:

As the title says. 

I'm wondering what happened to this ship, its maiden voyage, what went wrong, where it is now and what secrets remain. 

I can't help but imagine it as an immense colony vessel that could eventually become a tileset for us to explore. There could be a mission to recover its datalogs from a ship cephalon or something.

The lore says that they found it, empty from adults but full of void-infected children. So the orokin found it, but beyond that we do not know......

Also the war within quest did the job filling the blanks of what happened in the ship when it was trapped in the void. It sounds fun, but also not likely to happen and kinda pointless. Can't invest too much in something already exploited.

TWW spoilers

Spoiler

: I think there is definitely a lot more to be found out about it for sure. It sounds from the latest quest that it was indeed way bigger than many of us may have thought. It most likely was a huge colony ship and not just a small research vessel. This may be somewhat of a retcon of the older lore, but it would kind of make sense. I could see the Orokin sending an entire colony vessel into the void for research so they could see what the effects would be on all ages, and stages of development. In the end their research proved fruitful, as it showed that when humans were young enough they could survive the void and somehow be imbued by its power without being completely corrupted by it like their parents were. I gotta say though, TWW "secret reveal" about the Zariman wasn't that creepy to me. I'm not surprised that their parents went mad from the void, or that the Tenno hunted them when they basically turned into zombies. 

But it makes you wonder... about the origin of the warframes. Where did they come from? We still don't really know... and the Tenno parents were basically become mindless creatures corrupted by the void. What if... its a really disturbing thought. What if some of the Zariman parents somehow became the first warframes in some way? Remember the old codex entry with Rhino, and how it is only described as a beast then, not even in armor. Howling mad and calms down when near a Tenno child, was it more than just void powers at work there? Where did these prototype warframe creatures come from? The way they describe the Zariman parents in TWW really makes me wonder. Perhaps the connection to the infested, but the fact that they aren't really infested, has something to do with Orokin experimentation again. Maybe the original beastlike warframes were injected with some kind of nano device/particles that the Orokin used to make them similar to the infested, in order to better control them, because they were basically raging void monsters. 

This would explain why Warframes can contain void energy. While DE retcons quotes all the time, I still think the quotes that claim the Tenno are the only ones with void power and the warframe is just a hulk are mistaken. There is the part in the Second Dream where your warframe grabs the sword independently, but also, your frame also seems to have the same resiliency to the void that you do. The fact your frame can contain your void energy at all tells me it has to at least have been exposed safely enough to the void to give it power without destroying it. Hence... where the Zariman parents come in. 

Wouldn't that be @(*()$ creepy though? 

Then the Tenno would be immortal, perpetual teenagers who are unknowingly mind controlling the twisted flesh of their once parents whose brains were fried by the void to near total madness. 

The Warframe universe is such a bright and shiny place. 

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

TWW spoilers

Hide contents

But it makes you wonder... about the origin of the warframes. Where did they come from? We still don't really know...

Have you not been paying any attention to anything said in lore?

The Warframes were built to channel the Tenno's power because the kids couldn't control it.

The Queen tells us they built them at one point during TWW.

The whole of Titania's quest chain is about how she was built and who built her. 

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

TWW spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

: I think there is definitely a lot more to be found out about it for sure. It sounds from the latest quest that it was indeed way bigger than many of us may have thought. It most likely was a huge colony ship and not just a small research vessel. This may be somewhat of a retcon of the older lore, but it would kind of make sense. I could see the Orokin sending an entire colony vessel into the void for research so they could see what the effects would be on all ages, and stages of development. In the end their research proved fruitful, as it showed that when humans were young enough they could survive the void and somehow be imbued by its power without being completely corrupted by it like their parents were. I gotta say though, TWW "secret reveal" about the Zariman wasn't that creepy to me. I'm not surprised that their parents went mad from the void, or that the Tenno hunted them when they basically turned into zombies. 

But it makes you wonder... about the origin of the warframes. Where did they come from? We still don't really know... and the Tenno parents were basically become mindless creatures corrupted by the void. What if... its a really disturbing thought. What if some of the Zariman parents somehow became the first warframes in some way? Remember the old codex entry with Rhino, and how it is only described as a beast then, not even in armor. Howling mad and calms down when near a Tenno child, was it more than just void powers at work there? Where did these prototype warframe creatures come from? The way they describe the Zariman parents in TWW really makes me wonder. Perhaps the connection to the infested, but the fact that they aren't really infested, has something to do with Orokin experimentation again. Maybe the original beastlike warframes were injected with some kind of nano device/particles that the Orokin used to make them similar to the infested, in order to better control them, because they were basically raging void monsters. 

This would explain why Warframes can contain void energy. While DE retcons quotes all the time, I still think the quotes that claim the Tenno are the only ones with void power and the warframe is just a hulk are mistaken. There is the part in the Second Dream where your warframe grabs the sword independently, but also, your frame also seems to have the same resiliency to the void that you do. The fact your frame can contain your void energy at all tells me it has to at least have been exposed safely enough to the void to give it power without destroying it. Hence... where the Zariman parents come in. 

Then the Tenno would be immortal, perpetual teenagers who are unknowingly mind controlling the twisted flesh of their once parents whose brains were fried by the void to near total madness. 

I swear to glob.  If my tenno is waltzing around going on a genocidal rampage wearing her parent's flesh as a meat suit...well.  I won't know what to think.  It sounds freaking cool.  But really fudged up at the same time.  Brain is confussed.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

I swear to glob.  If my tenno is waltzing around going on a genocidal rampage wearing her parent's flesh as a meat suit...well.  I won't know what to think.  It sounds freaking cool.  But really fudged up at the same time.  Brain is confussed.

Yeah I started to think the same during that quest, but I wasn't sure whether the speculation fit in with the lore (from what I could remember) so it seemed unlikely.

1 minute ago, Naith said:

Yeah I started to think the same during that quest, but I wasn't sure whether the speculation fit in with the lore (from what I could remember) so it seemed unlikely.

I'll leave that up to the people who know the lore a bit better than I do.  But I do like the theory.  Regardless of how creepy it sounds.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

I'll leave that up to the people who know the lore a bit better than I do.  But I do like the theory.  Regardless of how creepy it sounds.

Definitely.

It'd be a shout back to Warframe's days when it felt a little darker than it does now.

2 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

TWW spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

I swear that's a way to mind blown.

In other case. We still don't know what does 'Zariman' ship looks like. But what most of us do is that it's likely a 'large' ship maybe?

2 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

TWW spoilers

Hide contents

Regarding your spoiler section: You have never heard of Neo Genesis Evangelion, did ya?