Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leaving Penalty

nellone

I continue to meet people that leaves on the first difficulties, some people told me that they leave because they are trying to keep high the win/loose statistic.

It should be good if someone leaves, they will get an automatic lost match in their chart.

What do you think?

Punishing people for leaving a game is precisely why games like league of legends and dota have insanely toxic communities.

As soon as the fun stops, it is time to leave. Not force someone to hang around for 20 minutes either dying repeatedly and annoying their team, or being subjected to an incompetent trio who can't stay on their feet more than 5 seconds at a time. Besides, if the mission is non-endless and the objective is still incomplete, a new player will come along and fill the space.

I think we should instead punish the players who've never quitted a single mission, because they stay and complete the missions against all odds, despite all of them game-breaking bugs and glitches that could possibly affect only the client or the host.
Because maybe, just maybe, they'd rather sit there and complain about quitters rather than, for example, help the ol' grandma with the heavy bags she's carrying all alone from the store across the whole damn town because "it's cheaper there".

Edited by LABAL

55 minutes ago, nellone said:

I continue to meet people that leaves on the first difficulties, some people told me that they leave because they are trying to keep high the win/loose statistic.

It should be good if someone leaves, they will get an automatic lost match in their chart.

What do you think?

Bad idea. It would punish those who leave because of R/L interference or other valid reasons. This is the first time I hear someone caring about statistics :D

The main excuse I've heard for leaving after 5 waves is people farming credits. That's why I think the credit reward should repeat every 5 waves, to discourage this behavior a little. Sucks to load in to an endless mission to level some gear only to have half or more of your team determined to leave after 5 waves, just so they can load right back in and do it again.