Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven mod RNG stats have got to go

Xiusa

Just now, Xzorn said:

How does it not make sense?

I've no preference when it comes to the values but the random stat types are the best thing about the mods.

I doesn't make sense because they all do the same exact thing but for different factions. It doesn't make sense because it straight up doesn't need to be this way, standardized randomly distributed stats would be a much better design than randomized randomly distributed stats. Why DOES it make sense to you?

Just now, Xiusa said:

I doesn't make sense because they all do the same exact thing but for different factions. It doesn't make sense because it straight up doesn't need to be this way, standardized randomly distributed stats would be a much better design than randomized randomly distributed stats. Why DOES it make sense to you?

They try to add a diablo like system where you always have room for improvement and getting a perfect roll is nearly impossible. A positive sideeffect is that you can get a mod this way that fills a "hole" your build would have because a specific mod to fill it doesnt exist.

5 minutes ago, Xiusa said:

The stats you think could be good for a weapon, I might not and either could only be good for a specific level range or circumstance. Random stat types gives you more options to specialize your weapons. Should you be able to roll bane Vs all? no proly not, there should be an algorithm to select only one of those affixes but the random nature of stat types is a good thing.

Removing the random values would significantly shorten the play value of an end-game system. So given it's the 6th day. It seems premature to say it's unnecessary esp since this game has severely lacked in any long term content in the past. I also have a theory that the negative stats improve the positive ones which would not function as well with standardized stats. but I've not seen enough mods to conclude that's a thing yet. If not it's kinda nonsense like the 15 cap.