Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming back after 3 years. How to get back into the game?

Waynedetta

Question

Hi,

I bet alot of you know the feeling when you get back into a game you have not played for quite a while. I log into warframe there is my level 30 Frost with his hek and a Scindo. I do not really know where to start, I really would like to do a fresh start from 0, but it seems like a got quite a few Waframe slots and weapon slots there, guess I bought them or got them for free or something. Iam Mastery Rank 5 got Mag Valkyr Frost and I think one more I can not really remember right now.

So what I wanna do is pick a new Waframe from the Shop either: Trinity, Mirage or something tanky, one thats fun to play and people like to have him in their group. Mirages Discoball looks fun and I guess everyone likes Trinity marks for the heals, what do you think?

Any suggestions for Weapons? I do not like to play on with the hek I would prefer some Assault rifle, thats properly the Graka and when I hit MR6 sombra?

What do people farm nowadays?

11 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, Waynedetta said:

Hi,

I bet alot of you know the feeling when you get back into a game you have not played for quite a while. I log into warframe there is my level 30 Frost with his hek and a Scindo. I do not really know where to start, I really would like to do a fresh start from 0, but it seems like a got quite a few Waframe slots and weapon slots there, guess I bought them or got them for free or something. Iam Mastery Rank 5 got Mag Valkyr Frost and I think one more I can not really remember right now.

So what I wanna do is pick a new Waframe from the Shop either: Trinity, Mirage or something tanky, one thats fun to play and people like to have him in their group. Mirages Discoball looks fun and I guess everyone likes Trinity marks for the heals, what do you think?

Any suggestions for Weapons? I do not like to play on with the hek I would prefer some Assault rifle, thats properly the Graka and when I hit MR6 sombra?

What do people farm nowadays?

You are still a the very beginning of the game, I can't imagine you having "quite a few Warframe slots and weapon slots there".
Anyway an user already linked some useful threads.
Soma Prime is getting vaulted on 22th (mhm, I might be wrong but it will be really soon) I suggest you getting it as soon as you can.
At mr6 you can get syndicate's secondary weapons that will help you A LOT clearing the star chart.
At mr8 you can get Telos Boltace (Arbiters of Hexis's melee weapon) that will let you clear most of the content by spamming the slide attack.
At mr12 you can get Synoid Simulor (Cephalon Suda's primary weapon) that will let you clear ALL the content of the star chart with ease.

The best way to learn is getting a clan and ask them what you should do.
For general purpose I suggest you getting Trinity and Nova, cause they are used in most parties (note that Nova Prime is getting vaulted along with Soma on the 22th).
For your own gameplay I suggest you getting Rhino, it will help you surviving through the star chart.

2 minutes ago, Prepotenza said:

You are still a the very beginning of the game, I can't imagine you having "quite a few Warframe slots and weapon slots there".
Anyway an user already linked some useful threads.
Soma Prime is getting vaulted on 22th (mhm, I might be wrong but it will be really soon) I suggest you getting it as soon as you can.
At mr6 you can get syndicate's secondary weapons that will help you A LOT clearing the star chart.
At mr8 you can get Telos Boltace (Arbiters of Hexis's melee weapon) that will let you clear most of the content by spamming the slide attack.
At mr12 you can get Synoid Simulor (Cephalon Suda's primary weapon) that will let you clear ALL the content of the star chart with ease.

The best way to learn is getting a clan and ask them what you should do.
For general purpose I suggest you getting Trinity and Nova, cause they are used in most parties (note that Nova Prime is getting vaulted along with Soma on the 22th).
For your own gameplay I suggest you getting Rhino, it will help you surviving through the star chart.

What does vaulted mean? I might not play until the 24. anyway. Thanks for the answers I have a look at those links when I am back from work.

19 minutes ago, Prepotenza said:

So... what you're saying is you can't imagine he could have bought platinum (or used his disciple founder plat) and then bought slots with them ? I assumed from the OP he wanted to buy said warframe(s) with plat considering he didn't say "build/craft them".

19 minutes ago, Waynedetta said:

What does vaulted mean? I might not play until the 24. anyway. Thanks for the answers I have a look at those links when I am back from work.

Vaulted prime frames and prime weapons are removed from drop tables, meaning the only way to acquire them is through player trade.

Pick a direction and just focus on it. Warframe, until you're very high rank, has soooo many things to do that it's overwhelming if you just try to do it all at once and get everything immediately. Remember, there is no one wrong way to approach it.

What I would personally do - check out the new starmap, unlock all the locked nodes and start working on the junctions. Do this for awhile, you'll get lots of endo, credits, mods, resources etc etc. As you get comfortable with the game again, go to the market and start buying blueprints and building new weapons / farming frames to work on your mastery rank and try new weapons out. After a bit of that, start doing the quest chains to unlock the lore and new "things" from them.

Once fully settled in, farm whatever you need to progress. Have fun!

I took a look at equinox it looks fun and i like it, I think i go with this warframe, is there any warframe in particuliar which people usally do not take or want in their group? I know people like frost and trinity. I wonder how picky the community is when it comes to the type of warframe they wanna invite.

Grab Rhino, that really helped me when I was starting, and I still use him for sorties. The next thing you want to do is complete as many quests as possible, however, I recommend that you level your frames and weapons for quests like Natah and The Second Dream, because they take place on harder planets. If you want better weapons, I strongly recommend getting into a squad and farming the stalker, because he can drop some pretty good weapons.