Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endless Fissure Missions And Relic Choices

Royalty

I love what you guys have done with the new relic system, aside from a few aspects i can see that need a bit of polishing when it comes to endless missions and the relic selection system. Currently within an endless relic mission you can choose whatever relic you want at will, which is great. Only problem that I have come across is that you lack the ability to boost a relics drop chance (Making relics exceptional, flawless, radiant). It would be nice to see this option added so that we are able to put our traces to use rather than having them pile up with no use and having to extract and radiant a set of relics then head back into the endless mission. I would love to hear my fellow tenno's thoughts on this.

that's kinda the point of the Relic segment in your ship...to upgrade your relics. I'm sure you don't carry around the void tech to do that mid mission.

Also, they added a function to endless relic missions that you get a(n) (upgraded) Relic and you can instantly use said relic. and the farther you go (third AABC rotation) you start to see Radiant relic drops that you then can use right away

Then basically 

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

that's kinda the point of the Relic segment in your ship...to upgrade your relics. I'm sure you don't carry around the void tech to do that mid mission.

Also, they added a function to endless relic missions that you get a(n) (upgraded) Relic and you can instantly use said relic. and the farther you go (third AABC rotation) you start to see Radiant relic drops that you then can use right away

So ideally the radiant relic of choice that you use is based on what the game gives you and not what you desire after you run out of the specific radiant relic that you want to use. Which means if i am doing a survival after 1 hour with only 12 of a specific relic that i want to use, i have no choice but to extract. Within that hour traces i piled up Can't be used so i have no choice but to extract. Meaning that endless isn't really endless unless you have large amounts of that specific relic that you want to use on hand at a specific refinement. Once you accumulate the maximum traces that your mastery allows you to have you can't use them and just have to leave to use them if you want to radiant more of a specific relic or change your mind on what relic you want to use, or be stuck using an unrefined relic when you may want a rare part. Don't forget to take into account the these missions are timed and are not always available.

Edited by Royalty

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this, but when the 5 minute interval arrives during an endless Void Fissure mission their is a major difference with the timers that follow. the 5 second timer that counts down to reveal the contents of the relic is dependent on each client's game clock followed by the relic selection screen which is based on the host's game clock then the last 5 seconds is once more calculated off of the client's game clock.

This is a major problem because once the client is playing on a considerably lower frame rate than the host their 5 second timer will count down much slower than the host and may in some cases disallow the client from choosing a reward from the wave. when this happens the client is directed to the relic selection screen and after selection resumes the match with the 5 second timer once again being based on the client's game clock. 

Similar game clock mechanics have been long been in the game. from Loki's invisibility's timer remaining although he was no longer invisible or rhino's roar appearing to still be in effect for the client while it had already elapsed for the host, but for it to be implemented in a game mode such as this, and to have such inconsistency in timers that are so close together seems to be counter productive.

I do not believe that it would have been so bad for the initial 5 second timer to be based off of the host's game clock. as it seems quite unfair for the client to be prevented from making a decision as to what reward they would receive just because of a lineup of inconsistent timers.

Attached are 2 screenshots taken while the 5 second timer was elapsing. One where the timer was at 3 seconds while the game clock was at 25:15 and the other shows the same mission at 2 seconds but the game timer was at 25:19  so in the span of 4 seconds of the host's game time my timer had only elapsed 1 second.

http://prnt.sc/d9azwo

http://prnt.sc/d9aysu

On 11/18/2016 at 10:48 AM, Royalty said:

@PoisonHD I Do in fact think they are not physically added until the mission is complete. But this is just an idea maybe DE can implement this as a new feature.

On 11/18/2016 at 10:02 AM, Royalty said:

Then basically 

So ideally the radiant relic of choice that you use is based on what the game gives you and not what you desire after you run out of the specific radiant relic that you want to use. Which means if i am doing a survival after 1 hour with only 12 of a specific relic that i want to use, i have no choice but to extract. Within that hour traces i piled up Can't be used so i have no choice but to extract. Meaning that endless isn't really endless unless you have large amounts of that specific relic that you want to use on hand at a specific refinement. Once you accumulate the maximum traces that your mastery allows you to have you can't use them and just have to leave to use them if you want to radiant more of a specific relic or change your mind on what relic you want to use, or be stuck using an unrefined relic when you may want a rare part. Don't forget to take into account the these missions are timed and are not always available.

they would need to completely redesign how the inventory works for items to go straight into the inventory from missions. it is unnecessary. you know the saying "if it isnt broke dont try to fix it" the way relics can be used for as much as you want now in endless fissure is pretty good. it isnt forced. you have 2 options stay and use the relics you want or extract and use the reactants to boost relics. how the missions are on a timer is of no consequence since we all wanted them to reroll at a much faster rate which DE gave us.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

On 11/18/2016 at 9:53 AM, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

THe point is there is no way to use the traces and there is a trace cap, meaning the mission isn't endless. I can't challenge myself to say 120 minutes of survival anymore. If you have a booster and smeeta (the normal trace farm) it's possible go over your trace limit before getting forced out of the mission.

You also can't swtich to a new relic after getting the thing you wanted out of a radiant you brought unless you pre-upgraded the relic. In other words i can use a radiaent X, X, X, X, (get rare) then switch to Y, Y, Y, Y (get Rare), then switch to Z, Z, Z (get rare)

UNless I have 12 of EACH radient before the mission, and then if I get it first relic i have 11 more radiant that I really don't want.

The entire system is broken compared to the old void endless.

Edited by Shockwave-