Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Prime design lore discussion

Cyborg-Rox

17 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Yeah, but the Lore is made by DE and they have the power to change it. They're GODS. *kneels and bows before them*

No, but really, the lore comes after the design. In the end if our Lead Artist did design her after the base model... I'm going to trust that he made so for a good reason. Which is why I'm saying they should've waited and make the Prime first, then "tone it down" as I say.

PS: OR DE smart enough to make sure Valkyr Primes doesn't look exactly like the  Gersemi version because they want people to buy the skin with the primed version. Like why would I buy a frame skin when I could just farm the primed version that look like the 200 plat skin?

1 minute ago, aligatorno said:

I`m really happy that the Prime version doesn't look like the Deluxe Skin because honestly I find that skin to be the ugliest one so far. VPrime looks like the Valkyr I like,  but even better. 

so you like .... skinned , tortured, and torn to pieces ...thats a bit ..creepy 

jk ;D 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

17 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

I`m really happy that the Prime version doesn't look like the Deluxe Skin because honestly I find that skin to be the ugliest one so far. VPrime looks like the Valkyr I like,  but even better. 

Yay, someone else who finds the deluxe skin ugly.  I like the default skin, because at least to me it looks far more like a crazed beserker than the Gersemi skin.  Admittedly I'm also not much of a cat person. 

8 minutes ago, folklore504 said:

Yay, someone else who finds the deluxe skin ugly.  I like the default skin, because at least to me it looks far more like a crazed beserker than the Gersemi skin.  Admittedly I'm also not much of a cat person. 

Spoiler

Image result for bast helm valkyr

bast based on bast goddess of war [lower Egypt , before unification] name became bastet later in unification on 

Spoiler

Image result for bast goddess

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

1 minute ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

corpus also existed in orokin era if memory serves 

True, and they were subject to it and a part of the empire.  That still doesn't imply that the prime frame trailers are depicting the Orokin Era.  If anything, it'd serve as evidence of it being modern.  Why would the tenno, who served the empire, attack the corpus, another part of the empire...?

Just now, TheDefenestrater said:

True, and they were subject to it and a part of the empire.  That still doesn't imply that the prime frame trailers are depicting the Orokin Era.  If anything, it'd serve as evidence of it being modern.  Why would the tenno, who served the empire, attack the corpus, another part of the empire...?

probably due to orokin policing their empire/people 

seems like some primes were specifically made for a targeted group

saryn ->infested

Spoiler

vauban ->corpus

Spoiler

necros->grineer

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, TheDefenestrater said:

Then why are they narrated by an Orokin? 

24 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

probably due to orokin policing their empire/people 

saryn ->infested

Reveal hidden contents

vauban ->corpus

Reveal hidden contents

necros->grineer

Reveal hidden contents

The infested take reduced damage from viral and toxin damages.  The corpus prefer ranged combat and would be reluctant to be drawn into vauban's traps.  Nekros is equally effective against all factions.  If these frames were purpose built for policing duties within the empire, then the Orokin were pretty bad at assessing the strengths and weaknesses of their enemies.  The only things we know were purposefully made for duties within the empire are stalker and his ilk, who were body guards to the Orokin elite and designed to kill anything, including warframes.  The narrator is Ballas, who not only made the original warframes to fight the sentients when the Battalysts failed, he was also instrumental in the survival of the tenno and is quite possibly immortal in the same fashion as Vor.  For all we know, he could still be around the system somewhere, biding his time.  Even if it weren't Ballas, there're plenty of other Orokin still around, many of whom are allied with the tenno and could be suitable narrators for a modern setting.  All that being said, the prime variants were the versions of the frames built by the Orokin.  The non-prime variants are basically recovered technology, reverse engineered and recreated, having lost some of the power of the originals.  This is a fallen system, remember.  It's the equivalent of a galactic dark ages and we're reconstructing Roman weaponry from artifacts and fossils.

what if ..

the primes from the past are reflective of active time tears.... 

similar to orokin [moon] spy mission, we jump back and forth in time to alter the future, we can make minor changes tot he past

a darker thought

what if ..there are orokin traveling i these tears ...time jumping to the present .... 

time remnants ..... attacking tenno in present  

wait that could be fun

46 minutes ago, TheDefenestrater said:

"Lead by innovatory and elusive industrialists, and claiming to be descendants of Orokin lineage, the Corpus are dedicated to the accumulation of wealth. This elite ruling class operates an insular trade organization using humans and robotics for labour and security, and have been condemned by the Seven as a merchant cult." - Corpus Fragment

because the foundation for what the Corpus would become existed in the Orokin era

1 minute ago, TheDefenestrater said:

The infested take reduced damage from viral and toxin damages.  The corpus prefer ranged combat and would be reluctant to be drawn into vauban's traps.  Nekros is equally effective against all factions.  If these frames were purpose built for policing duties within the empire, then the Orokin were pretty bad at assessing the strengths and weaknesses of their enemies.  The only things we know were purposefully made for duties within the empire are stalker and his ilk, who were body guards to the Orokin elite and designed to kill anything, including warframes.  The narrator is Ballas, who not only made the original warframes to fight the sentients when the Battalysts failed, he was also instrumental in the survival of the tenno and is quite possibly immortal in the same fashion as Vor.  For all we know, he could still be around the system somewhere, biding his time.  Even if it weren't Ballas, there're plenty of other Orokin still around, many of whom are allied with the tenno and could be suitable narrators for a modern setting.  All that being said, the prime variants were the versions of the frames built by the Orokin.  The non-prime variants are basically recovered technology, reverse engineered and recreated, having lost some of the power of the originals.  This is a fallen system, remember.  It's the equivalent of a galactic dark ages and we're reconstructing Roman weaponry from artifacts and fossils.

he actually was involved in bringing the sentient to be also .. crewman synthesis if you wanted to check it out

the trailers show a tenno performing these actions pretty well , so they seem self explanatory. 

we are in a dark ages, but the current non primes were also mass made variants [cannon fodder] built to be close to primes in stats, and capable of doing battle in the war against the sentient 

SG explains the how , even normal people could use warframes ...

also we were in a cryo pod at game beginning in a non prime frame when vor comes a knocking

48 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

Not exactly. Only Saryn Prime is told to us as having been designed specifically to fight infested on Earth. Showing Vauban Prime fighting corpus doesn't necessarily mean he was designed for it, it just means he did it. Same with Nekros.

4 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

Can you please tell us how do you read this?

What does this mean to you? Because apparently this statement is vague.

G-skin

Before Alad V, before the experiments, there was the Gersemi Valkyr.

It clearly discusses the experiments that ended up with the Alad V model. It says that BEFORE the experiments that Alad conducted Valk was Gersemi.

How does this read any other way?

As I explained in my thread that was merged with this one.  The geresmi skin was based off of the valkyr prime.  if you look at the prime version both the body and the hands/feet are those of geresmi.  Lore wise the prime is always first.  always.  Which means geresmi can't be the first.  And sense the prime model has elements from both the base version in game AND geresmi it imo even further proves that the geresmi wasn't the first.  for how could it be if the prime exists at all?

Geresmi was created sometime in between the 2 points in time. and those would be the prime model as the beginning and alad v's experiments being the ending.  it saying "before" doesn't directly mean "first" people just assumed this was the case because there was no prime model available for our viewing pleasure at the time.

In my theory the prime was made.  then during the war lower budget models of warframes were being made.  Then someone sometime later decided to try and make valkyr or valkyr prime again but without torture or orokin influence.  thus the geresmi skin.  And then either after that or during the same time salad V manages to capture a factory issue valkyr and then begins his experimenting/torturing.  considering the implants and bonds on the base model are because of alad v we can assume his handy work was for 1 of 2 reasons.  Either he was performing the same torturous experiements the orokin did using some plans he found to see what frames are capable of.  OR he could have been trying to replicate the power of a prime frame and was going off of some schematics as well.  I mean salad V was referred to as orokin esque in TSD I believe.

I think the second is more likely.  As even though we know the orokin can be pretty #*($%%@ up nothing I can think of points them to torture.  Torture would explain why even the prime valkyr has bloodlust and hatred and all that.  But anything else traumatic could easily do so as well.  Again this is all my theory.  Just my interprotation of things we have.

I don't mind you having a seperate theory or even think DE is up to something scummy *though that last bit does annoy me some* my problem was your attitude.  you exhibited the same attitude during the first week or so of TSD when people's theories of what warframes were didn't match with your thinking of them being husks and metal puppets.  So i'm not surprised you're being this way again.  The truth here is everything outside of what DE has directly told us is vauge and more than likely be seen in many different ways.  Rather than you or others try and beat down others opinions or have this know it all attitude we should be having a healthy discussion and sharing our views in a much healthier fashion.