Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What to do with non-tradeable plat?

-fobo

Question

6 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, -fobo said:

Hi friends, I recently started playing (rank 3) and I have 1000 plat from a promo for a graphics card I bought months ago. What should I do with this besides buying slots? Thanks 

Well you said besides slots, but i'm still going to say it, There is what, 30 frames with different versions of some so I would buy some Warframe slots at least, weapon slots.  At least then you are set for awhile.  Everything can be framed in this game and plat can be made in game.  So I'd start with slots and hold onto your extra plat, see if you likes the game.  Cosmetics are really the only thing you HAVE to spent plat to get.  So if you really are looking for something to spend your plat on FashionFrame is end game.  Its all about looking good while you cut your way past some corpus crewmen

you'll buy a lot of Slots in the long run, if you stick around.

but aside from that, Reactors/Catalysts are nice to have, and while you'll see them from Alerts and Invasions (as well as Events/Quests) periodically, later on you may find yourself wanting to put them on more things than you have of them.

similar to Reactors/Catalysts, later on you will find yourself using a lot of Forma - and while this is readily available, you may want more of it faster.

it's hard to go wrong with Cosmetics.

Boosters are useful provided the effect will benefit you greatly in the time it will provide. usually entails buying a Booster shortly before doing some focused Gameplay looking for specific things or Leveling a lot of things at once.

if you're feeling lazy for some Equipment, buying things outright with Platinum can be quite 'efficient' if the cost is low enough.
Darvo has limited supply deals on Weapons and such all the time (every single day), keep an eye out for those.
similarly, something you're crafting that takes a while, Rushing the build process can be worth it if you're excited for whatever it is. note that the Rush cost goes down as it builds, to a minimum of half the original cost. so if you're really excited for something you can instantly rush it, but if you're coming back in the middle of the build process or Et Cetera, the Rush cost could get very appealing.

Personally, I'd suggest getting about 25 or so weapon slots, about 20 frame slots, buy about a dozen or two forma bundles, get at least 6 archwing slots, buy all the color pallets available, maybe buy a few of the actual frames to save some time, and of course buy at least one of the cosmetics/weapons bundles in the game. That should burn through that pretty quick and you should be nice and set for a while.

Everyone else has had some pretty solid advice.  From my expreience....  BUY IVARA, grinding out countless spy missions and getting nothing in return...  ARRGGGHHHH.  Although the drop rates might be a bit better since her release.  Her and Mesa were the only 2 that i have bought with plat.  RNG hated me on mesa, 12 helmets before i got anything else   :(