Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Fix Helios' Investigator Tool

(PSN)Regiampiero

Ever since the TVW update, I've retired Carrier and dusted off my Helios in order to finish my Codex entries. Finally! Everything was going fine until I find a Kuria yesterday. I go to equip my scanner (given Helios can't scan them) and realize that I've run out of Codex Scanners. "Oh well, I'll just use my Synthesis....wait, where are all my Synthesis Scanners?" I've now learned that since Update 18.0, Helios can be a #$&(% and kill all my Synthesis Scans when ever it runs out of Codex Scans. Why DE? Just why? 
Worst of all I encounter a Synthesis target later in that round and off course... Please change this, and make Helios only use regular Codex Scans only. There's no reason for him to use Synthesis Scans as they are not cheaper, less available (given you have to go to the relay to buy them), and don't even count toward Simaris' standing.

best advice i can give you right now is this - unequip Helios for a bit, get enough Simaris standing to get the infinite scan add on to the Simmaris scanner, reequip Helios

also, Helios stops scanning targets once the codex entry is full. so give it time and he will stop using so many scans

Edited by (PS4)Elctrcstel

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

There's no reason for him to use Synthesis Scans as they are not cheaper, less available (given you have to go to the relay to buy them), and don't even count toward Simaris' standing.

Get Solar-Powered widget from Simaris and they will be free forever. As for the reason why it was implemented, 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Loki1211 said:

This was changed so that Helios users don't need to equip both scanners.  It's a convenience and it frees up an inventory slot.

And I'd very much like it to stay that way.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Ever since the TVW update, I've retired Carrier and dusted off my Helios in order to finish my Codex entries. Finally! Everything was going fine until I find a Kuria yesterday. I go to equip my scanner (given Helios can't scan them) and realize that I've run out of Codex Scanners. "Oh well, I'll just use my Synthesis....wait, where are all my Synthesis Scanners?" I've now learned that since Update 18.0, Helios can be a #$&(% and kill all my Synthesis Scans when ever it runs out of Codex Scans. Why DE? Just why? 
Worst of all I encounter a Synthesis target later in that round and off course... Please change this, and make Helios only use regular Codex Scans only. There's no reason for him to use Synthesis Scans as they are not cheaper, less available (given you have to go to the relay to buy them), and don't even count toward Simaris' standing.

I had this happen a few times... then I bought 900 Codex Charges and a solid thousand synthesis charges... Now I have the Sol-Battery widget and a pile of unused charges. :3

38 minutes ago, (PS4)Loki1211 said:

This was changed so that Helios users don't need to equip both scanners.  It's a convenience and it frees up an inventory slot.

When was this changed... nobody ever told me.  I could have had an extra gear slot free all this time?

Does Helios activate the widgets as normal?

Edited by Callback

4 minutes ago, Callback said:

When was this changed... nobody ever told me.  I could have had an extra gear slot free all this time?

Yes, you may safely reclaim your gear slot.  As far as the widgets go, I believe only the infinite scans (Sol-Battery) widget works on Helios.

8 minutes ago, Callback said:

I think it does. You don't use charges, so the Solar Powered widget is active. The scanning time seems faster (but don't quote me on this), and I didn't count the number of scans before and after to see if it ever got double.

You don't get standing with Simaris for Helios scans though.

Edited by VisionAndVoice