The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Neutral Aura Builds? Anyone Use Them?

BornWithTeeth

I am bored, and I have conceived of a project to do before I slope off to replay Mass Effect.

My Equinox is my favourite 'frame, and she's already quite decidedly a jack of all trades. However, I am now strongly considering putting about (another!) four Forma onto her, making it so that running on [Level 30 x Orokin Reactor] would provide enough power via her optimised slots that she can run without a dedicated Aura slot. That way, can freely slot in any Aura at need without sacrificing anything else form the build.

Now, how many folks do this? On which 'frames?

I know that some founders in my clan play builds with neutral aura slots. I thought about it myself but this would mean a few more formas on most frames, which may be problematic because there wouldn't be enough non-polarized slots to switch between different builds. I'd rather have the energy siphon/corrosive projection polarity and be able to play different builds on every frame.

13 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I am bored, and I have conceived of a project to do before I slope off to replay Mass Effect.

Even if you're not bored of Warframe, replaying Mass Effect is never a bad idea.:thumbup:

Edited by JohnViande

7 minutes ago, Sintag said:

If you ask me, having a specialized Aura polarity makes a certain amount of sense.  More Mod Points to work with.  But you do you.

You can get around that by polarising every other slot, and leaving the Aura slot free. I did the math, and I could in fact run my favourite every day build for Equinox with a total of 54 effective Mod points, with a reasonable distribution of Vazarin, Naramon, and Madurai slots, even incorporating two maxed Primed mods and multiple 11 and 12 point gold cards. That means I could literally do it without any Aura at all. I can also leave one slot in the main bar unpolarised while I do this, bumping the point requirement up to 60, meaning that I can do this while still retaining a measure of build flexibility, which is neat!

That would allow for packing Corrosive Projection vs the Grineer, Shield Disruption or EMP vs Corpus, and Steel Charge vs the Infested, as well as being able to bring Rejuvenation into Archwing missions for solo flight where self healing is tricksy to come by. It would also mean being able to freely muck about with literally any combination of Auras, including the new ones from the Silver Grove.

Not cheap to do, mind, as it means Equinox is going to be running about nine Forma.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

I use to run most of my main frames this way then just decided to build another frame and and the forma to that instead. Sure it cost a reactor 20p for the slot if you are a collector but in the end if your going to invest in a few more forma to make it work why not just change the slot to the other polarity and a few to the other slots to balance out your build.

I have also added a few extra in the slots to counter using the wrong polarity in the aura to still get the max point I need to do the build.

I still think you should be able to forma your load out slots 3 different ways. That would give you the freedom to do all likes of nice builds if you had 3X the slots to work with.

3 hours ago, JohnViande said:

I know that some founders in my clan play builds with neutral aura slots. I thought about it myself but this would mean a few more formas on most frames, which may be problematic because there wouldn't be enough non-polarized slots to switch between different builds. I'd rather have the energy siphon/corrosive projection polarity and be able to play different builds on every frame.

Even if you're not bored of Warframe, replaying Mass Effect is never a bad idea.:thumbup:

Just skip 3's ending and your good.

Hmm... this is something of an interesting topic and one I explored this year and came to a realization about a few months ago.

Short version - most of the time I don't really think it is worth it, but some Frames do have an easier go of it than others. Depending of course on their overall mod needs and how many options there may be there.

Longer version - 

I've gone with a Neutral Aura on:

Ash Prime - (3 forma)
- 3 builds all mostly aimed at being somewhat balanced with a leaning towards Max Efficiency. A: Steel Charge, B: Energy Siphon, C: Corrosive Projection
- I also tend towards more of a Fatal Teleport play style rather than Bladestorm with him. Sometimes Smoke Shadow for some fun.

*Ember Prime - (3 forma) (imo she needs a 4th, but works ok for now)
- A: Growing Power, B: Corrosive Projection, C: Energy Siphon. Again I tend towards more balanced builds, mostly building towards  Efficiency and Range with no negative end results. 

Inaros - (3 forma)
- A: Growing Power, B: Corrosive Projection, B: Energy Siphon
- a couple of builds but mostly I go with the balanced, efficiency, range, maxed armor and health, and Rage build.

Nekros Prime - (3 forma)
- A; Growing Power, B: Rejuvenation, C: Loot Detector. Any of these can easily be swapped out for CP or ES.
- I mostly run him with the Despoiling Shield of Shadows build, Equilibrium, Health Conversion, etc.

Volt Prime - (3 forma)
- A: Steel Charge, B: Energy Siphon, C: (is actually a hodgepodge of stuff and I don't really use it currently).
- build A is a selfish/solo low range high Duration Shocking Speed build (with some strength and efficiency)
- build B is a more balanced group friendly build (that does also include Shocking Speed)

Excal comes with a Neutral Aura but I ended up giving mine a - .
I also tried running Rhino Prime with a Neutral Aura but later on ending up also giving him a  .

OK so here's where I've ended up after all of this.

Most Frames don't really seem to need to be that flexible in the Aura slot. The - Aura is way too useful most of the time because of Energy Siphon and Corrosive Projection

IF you can fit a full build on a neutral aura that is using the 7 point - aura mods then you can use that exact same build if you had a - aura polarity using Steel Charge (because the 9 drops down to 7 if you put it in a - aura slot).

The above builds all work fine for me IMO except Ember Prime to a degree. As I pointed out above I think I need to give her a 4th forma, which is fine. But if already had just given her a - she'd probably already be done comfortably with just the 3 forma. 

I just hand't really ever stopped to think about the whole - aura can still use Steel Charge with a build that only needed +7 aura capacity thing until I had done all of that above, heh.

Being able to throw on Growing Power (when it is not bugged) Steel Charge or Rejuvenation on Frames that can use them when they would be good to have is nice. 

But mostly CP and ES cover everything just fine and provide plenty of points to allow for flexibility in the Build rather than the Aura.

So anyhow, there's my ramble on  what I've done with it. It's worked OK but hasn't always turned out to be the best option either.

Like so much else, I guess it's mostly all down to personal preference.

Cheers!
~R~