Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does erasing Magazine erase Fire-Rate? (Possible spoiler)

Cyborg-Rox

Question

Someone gave me a tip that removing the Magazine Size of the Vulklok would somehow bypass its incredibly slow Fire-Rate and make it shoot instantly after reloading, effectively giving it a much better Fire-Rate by using Reload Speed mods. However, when I put on Depleted Reload... 

Spoiler

(Slight spoiler warning)

Spoiler

...along with a Riven mod with reduced Magazine size...

...and getting the 1 Magazine size I wanted, I tried it out and it still took 7-something seconds between each shot, which is pretty much its normal Fire-rate.

Am I missing something? Am I doing it wrong? Or does it simply not work? The guy that gave me the tip told me himself that he's been using this exact method as well, getting a shot once every 2 seconds.

I have a slight suspicion that my Magazine size needs to be lower than 1, that it literally needs to be 0.

Spoiler

(Slight spoiler warning)

Spoiler

But my Riven mod only reduces by 30%, making that a total 90% reduction. Would I need a full 100%, or at least 96% reduction?

Anyone know anything about this? Please fill me out.

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

18 answers to this question

Ok, doing some testing. Default setup is 7s between shots.

This loadout gives one shot every ~4 seconds:

4E2uYqk.jpg

I'm getting -110% magazine, by the way, thanks to Depleted Reload and

v4otpCt.png

Removing Primed Fast Hands has no discernible effect on cyclic rate.

Removing Shred and Speed Trigger (with or without PFH) brings me back to one shot every ~7s.

Dropping the -mag mods brings me back to ~4s.

My conclusion - there is no positive benefit from lowering Vulklok's magazine capacity or from improving its reload speed.

Edited by pauli133

How would reducing the number of rounds you can hold at a time in your magazine make you fire faster? you've reduced the reload speed, but increased the number of times you reload. reload speed does not effect fire rate. firerate is the number of rounds you fire per second. you need to increase firerate, not reduce reload speed.

25 minutes ago, Babellon said:

How would reducing the number of rounds you can hold at a time in your magazine make you fire faster? you've reduced the reload speed, but increased the number of times you reload. reload speed does not effect fire rate. firerate is the number of rounds you fire per second. you need to increase firerate, not reduce reload speed.

25 minutes ago, low1991 said:

From what i know.

Reload speed = the length it takes for you to take out 1 mag and put in another mag.

Fire rate = the rate of fire, in which you pull the trigger.

I suppose with size of 1 mag, your fire rate = Reload speed + Fire rate. 

25 minutes ago, ashrah said:

fire rate mods  helps for shorter dealy between shots

Have any of you actually tried doing this? Because someone did, and they told me it worked, so I'm not letting this go until I know for a fact whether or not it will work with a 100% reduction.

4 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Have any of you actually tried doing this? Because someone did, and they told me it worked, so I'm not letting this go until I know for a fact whether or not it will work with a 100% reduction.

tht was been probably bug.. no reson size of mag to effect delay between shots...

Well the best test would be go into a mission without any mods.

than sit in front of an enemy and count the shots until you get to the point it's suppose to reload,

watch and see if there's any noticable difference.

This way you have a control test or a benchmark to see if there's any difference to begin with. Than slowly reintroduce things like depleted rounds.

1 minute ago, KittyDarkling said:

Well the best test would be go into a mission without any mods.

than sit in front of an enemy and count the shots until you get to the point it's suppose to reload,

watch and see if there's any noticable difference.

This way you have a control test or a benchmark to see if there's any difference to begin with. Than slowly reintroduce things like depleted rounds.

Well, like I said, I can't get a 100% reduction, so I can't actually test that for myself.

49 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Question! How are you able to fire a bullet when there's no ammunition in the magazine?!

Just now, low1991 said:

Question! How are you able to fire a bullet when there's no ammunition in the magazine?!

Well I'm guessing it mechanically switches over to something bow-like or whatever, I don't know. I'm just hoping that's what I'm missing.
But I doubt it will just outright disable the weapon.

Now... if anyone who actually knows about this would post a statement instead, that'd be great, because I'm getting sick of this.

I guess most people here don't understand:

Usual setting: 1 Shot => wait 3 sec(its a slow weapon) => 2nd Shot =>[...] Magazin empty => 2 secound reload => repeat 1 

Now, his question is, wether the reloading resets the "wait between shot" timer.

If so (and its quite possible it does), reducing the magazine size would lead to: 1 Shot => Empty Magazin => 2 secound relaod => 1 Shot => Empty Magazine

If not so it would lead to: 1 Shot => Empty Magazine => 2 secound reload => 1 secound wait cause of firerate => 1 shot

I guess 100% reduced weapon woudn't fire at all

Edited by (PS4)T0katax

1 hour ago, pauli133 said:

Ok, doing some testing. Default setup is 7s between shots.

This loadout gives one shot every ~4 seconds:

4E2uYqk.jpg

I'm getting -110% magazine, by the way, thanks to Depleted Reload and

v4otpCt.png

Removing Primed Fast Hands has no discernible effect on cyclic rate.

Removing Shred and Speed Trigger (with or without PFH) brings me back to one shot every ~7s.

Dropping the -mag mods brings me back to ~4s.

My conclusion - there is no positive benefit from lowering Vulklok's magazine capacity or from improving its reload speed.

THANK YOU, the one and only conclusive answer so far.