The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cernos Prime Feedback

Gsterman

1 hour ago, (PS4)dA_BLoK_iS_hOt said:

Unlike the Rakta Cernos, the Cernos prime's damage it SPLIT between each arrow. 

thanks for wasting my time pinging me, as you could have easily seen those numbers were derived from the Damage of a single Arrow of the three.
like yno, if you actually read the words i said, instead of ignoring them. reading comprehension. smh

yours, like other peoples' sob stories of not being the usual Powercreep doesn't work on me. a couple people from time to time come up with legitimate points, sadly buried under childish whining of "but it isn't enough Powercreep".

52 minutes ago, taiiat said:

yours, like other peoples' sob stories of not being the usual Powercreep doesn't work on me. a couple people from time to time come up with legitimate points, sadly buried under childish whining of "but it isn't enough Powercreep".

The issue here is not Powercreep, the issue is game design. So far the game is divided into 2 parts. One part is the core game which features the planets and missions up to level 45. These are easily doable with every frame and most of the weapons (if modded correctly of course). The other part are the high level missions, like Sorties, Raids and endless missions. Fisure missions for example give you Radiant Relics starting with 75min. But they feature enemies level 100 and beyond and we reach limitations in frames and weapons that can deal with the situation. Now we have some weapons that can deal with it, some are outright OP and most are overused, but its not the fault of players using it when the content practically requires it. The specific issue with Cernos Prime is now that ppl expect a new prime to be in the top tier category and thus usable for this sort of missions. Now we get the bow and notice that its not realy a sidegrade to an existing top tier bow. And the question is now, why? The game itself is badly balanced when it comes to challenges and the randomness of riven mods makes it harder to get this fixed, but is that an excuse to bring in new weapons that fit into the core game but arent realy viable for the high level game?

51 minutes ago, Xebov said:

to bring in new weapons that fit into the core game but arent realy viable for the high level game?

and what is your excuse to justify Equipment that is 'viable' for enter at your own risk areas of the game, but not appropriate for anything outside of that?

yeah, exactly.

5 minutes ago, taiiat said:

and what is your excuse to justify Equipment that is 'viable' for enter at your own risk areas of the game, but not appropriate for anything outside of that?

yeah, exactly.

Raids, as only source for Arcanes, Sorties, as only source for leneses, and the now buffed and available fissure endless are not exactly what i would call "enter at your own risk" since they are part of the game and offer specific stuff. Besides that, name me a weapon that can be used against level 100 enemies and fails against level 20 enemies?

On 11/22/2016 at 3:15 PM, Gsterman said:

I dont know what the second sentence means. As for the last sentence, it isn't solid by any means. It divides the damage up by each arrow meaning you do about 1/6 of the total damage for each arrow. And when the spread looks like this 

1) Without spreading the initial 360 damage evenly between the three arrows, we would have MASSIVE power creep

2) Adding Split Chamber does divide the damage between even more arrows, but it also adds to the base damage so that the original three arrows aren't doing less damage

14 minutes ago, taiiat said:

balance isn't something everyone understands, which is okay as long as they let those that do, handle it.

I asked you which weapons can handle level 100 enemies but cant handle level 20 enemies. Your answer was "all of the extremely overpowered weapons" which is no statement about balancing at all. Also, adding weapons that cant deal with content has nothing to do with balancing as balancing would mean we can use alot of the stuff available as all items are either upgrades to lower tier weapons or siedegrades to higher tier ones, which is not the case.

On 11/23/2016 at 1:23 PM, Synitare said:

The damage of the bow is not split between each arrow, but rather split between the original three, and then duplicated for any multishot arrows. For example, with no multishot and just point strike and serration, each arrow deals ~300 damage to a level 130 arid lancer. Putting Split Chamber in, each arrow still does ~300 damage. This doesn't really change it from being one of the worst bows in the game, but it's not quite as bad as some people think.

Having split damage, damage falloff and a ridiculous charge time all on the weapon just makes it nearly unusable. The fact that the arrows split does not compensate for all of the negatives it has. Especially when a Rakta Cernos with the same mods (Serration, point strike and split chamber) deals almost as much damage (~1200 damage, vs a combined 1500-1800 for the prime), but 4 times faster, at much further range and with no falloff.

The damage falloff needs to be removed entirely. Shotguns shouldn't be able to deal more damage at longer ranges than bows. After this, either the charge time needs to be reduced, or the damage of each arrow needs to be the full amount rather than split. Otherwise this is going to be Primed Mastery Fodder, which is a real pity since it looks pretty damn great.

Alternatively you could just let me use the Cernos Prime skin on my Rakta. Then I could have an actually good bow that also looks great.

What damage fall off? I dont see anywhere that this bow has damage fall off

7 hours ago, knightlol said:

What damage fall off? I dont see anywhere that this bow has damage fall off

The damage falloff from being unable to hit with all arrows on certain distances. You simply loose alot of damage making it less viable, especially against heavy units.

• 1 month later...

After using this weapon much more i realize its a lot better than youd think. Split chamber does NOT reduce its damage per arrow, Ive tested this very thoroughly. It is capable of one shotting enemies up to a high level. Maybe not 100+ but I used it in the first sortie today (bow only) and one shotted every grineer available. Sure i have a riven that gaurantees the crits, its still very powerful considering it would wipe a whole row of enemies with one shot. I ended up with the most damage and kills vs other "meta" bows.

Definitely do NOT allow this bow to be capable of a single arrow mode that does 100% of damage. It would put all other bows to shame due to much higher base damage, except maybe the Rakta version because of how quick its charge is + area bursts.

What this bow really needs is a small tweak to reload speed and/or charge speed. As it stands, its pretty clumsy feeling to use

Really you have to see it a bit more like a shotgun bow, but it can still perform well mid range. Keep this bow unique, dont make it another typical shiny prime with big numbers.

This weapon is really bad next to the 3 big bows in the game and 2 of them aren't prime, huge charge time, huge reload and while the numbers in damage are high, the mechanic makes it deal really pitful damage.

I use it because I got a good riven with crit chance and crit damage and the weapon becomes viable with it, otherwise it would have been nothing but trash.

I've been using this bow on my loki prime for weeks now.

people have severally underestimated it. This thing can fit speed trigger onto a build that can slaughter level 100 corrupted heavies.

it doesn't need fire rate as much as its rakta sister does. It has enough power to compensate.

the cernos prime is viable even to sortie 3 level play, just need to know how to use it.

its falloff range, spread range, etc.

once you have those down, it's just as, if not more powerful than it's sister.