Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limited bandwidth help with standalone install

5teele

I am currently limited to 4gb a month for my phone plan and I use my phone as my hotspot, I would like to download the game onto an usb flash drive at my friends house, the flash drive only has a capacity of 8gb so I would like to download it in parts and make multiple trips. So how can I download the full game in parts?

3 minutes ago, Error989 said:

just download it and copy the whole folder onto your usb stick. Later start the game download on your PC so it creates a folder, stop it and just copy the files off of your usb stick to that folder

id recommend the same even if i'm unsure if this will work
warframe is not only installed in the folder that you choose but although in C/Users/.... and its in the registry as well

wouldn't it be easier to bring your pc to your friends house and download the game there ?

maybe have a small Lan party and enjoy the day together in warframe and later you drive back home and use your phone again as a hotspot

8 hours ago, Weidro said:

id recommend the same even if i'm unsure if this will work
warframe is not only installed in the folder that you choose but although in C/Users/.... and its in the registry as well

wouldn't it be easier to bring your pc to your friends house and download the game there ?

maybe have a small Lan party and enjoy the day together in warframe and later you drive back home and use your phone again as a hotspot

Starting the instalation and stopping it almost right away makes the registry file, after it's made you can just copy a folder of the full game into desired directory and it works. I did it to transfer my Standalone Client Version to Steam version and it worked. I did what I suggested before with other games and it also worked.

Do you have a smartphone? Those tend to have slightly bigger storage. You could temp download the game to your friends computer, transfer the folder onto your phone, and then transfer the file from your phone to your pc.

Edited by 321agemo

32 minutes ago, 321agemo said:

Do you have a smartphone? Those tend to have slightly bigger storage. You could temp download the game to your friends computer, transfer the folder onto your phone, and then transfer the file from your phone to your pc.

Limited to 4GB a month in the OP. Won't help unless he has somewhere to download the data without going over the cap.

1 hour ago, SurrealEdge said:

Limited to 4GB a month in the OP. Won't help unless he has somewhere to download the data without going over the cap.

I meant storing the game file.

Im assuming the friend's home doesn't have a bandwith limitation so OP could technically ask the friend to download onto the friends computer, then copy files onto OP phone via usb cable.

Then once OP is back home, they could just connect the phone to their computer.

Im just trying to lessen the number of trips they have to make.

If the phone is not an option, they can still download the file onto their friends computer and then just move it in parts from there, either manually c&p files or break it into parts using zip.