Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven mods more difficult

Hoaggie

5 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Ever since riven mods was implemented i have got 6 or 7 in total including the one we got for granted. IF i started farming rivens at januar 1, that means i had 81 chances to get rivens.  With my success rate i have 8.64% chance to get riven mods every day. This is already a low chance, it doesnt need to be lower by adding more rng/"challange"

The RNG isn't the challenge tho. The challenge is in the unveiling, I'd be up even for an "alert" kind of mission instead of the challenges we face today, and make it increasingly harder as the MR needed rises.

1 hour ago, zzzNitro said:

The RNG isn't the challenge tho. The challenge is in the unveiling, I'd be up even for an "alert" kind of mission instead of the challenges we face today, and make it increasingly harder as the MR needed rises.

The mastery rank is completely RNG based too! Its random and having high MR requiement doesnt meant that the stats will be godly.

FPyMu3c.pngHJ7WeOp.jpgqZQz946.jpg

Riven mods are based purely on RNG, meaning you could fight all day doing some "impossible" challange to get a riven mod with stats like this:

MR 19

Tysis Visitin

+120% status duration

+100% magazine size

-89% status chance

Nothing about the upper mod justifies any time spent on unlocking it.

1 minute ago, zzzNitro said:

@Fallen_Echo But it does! If your Riven is for a weapon you don't like dissolve it or sell it, as for stats, just roll the damn thing, Kuva is farmableAF

Yes i could do it, but seeing its stats i would rather sell it before i unveiled it also no amount of reroll makes this weapon viable for everything over lv 30.

I just wanted to point out that challanges should not add more hardships to this god awful RNG system.

1 minute ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Yes i could do it, but seeing its stats i would rather sell it before i unveiled it also no amount of reroll makes this weapon viable for everything over lv 30.

I just wanted to point out that challanges should not add more hardships to this god awful RNG system.

You can't see the weapon or stats before unveiling it tho and about viability, I have seen that argument disproven several times already.

As for challenges, they are by far the only "hardship" of this system, rerolling is nothing different from transmutation, is just a way to spend resources easily farmed.

Respectfully disagree. I am most happy with rivens that say stuff like "Get 29 kills while sliding" or "Have a Sentinel and, like, kill a dude." Cuts way down on the bullS#&$ time between "Congrats on the sortie completion! Here's your reward" and "No, just kidding. Actually, now here's your reward."

And I won't do rerolls on rivens, because that would require me to use the Operator, and that's just no fun at all. So if the challenge is easy, I can happily say "well the riven sucks, but at least it didn't take much time" and then throw it away or sell it.

I don't get this passion for saying "Hit me again, and this time put some stank on it!"

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

10 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

Respectfully disagree. I am most happy with rivens that say stuff like "Get 29 kills while sliding" or "Have a Sentinel and, like, kill a dude." Cuts way down on the bullS#&$ time between "Congrats on the sortie completion! Here's your reward" and "No, just kidding. Actually, now here's your reward."

And I won't do rerolls on rivens, because that would require me to use the Operator, and that's just no fun at all. So if the challenge is easy, I can happily say "well the riven sucks, but at least it didn't take much time" and then throw it away or sell it.

I don't get this passion for saying "Hit me again, and this time put some stank on it!"

Yeah, I understand that mindset, and I respectfully disagree with it.

As for rerolling, that's part of the system, saying "I won't do it" is on you and not the system tho. Have you seen OPM? That's all I'm gonna say

4 minutes ago, zzzNitro said:

Yeah, I understand that mindset, and I respectfully disagree with it.

As for rerolling, that's part of the system, saying "I won't do it" is on you and not the system tho. Have you seen OPM? That's all I'm gonna say

Yeah, I'm not blaming the riven system for not wanting to do rerolls, I'm blaming the entire War Within for that crap. But the fact that most Riven challenges aren't that hard is a very nice balance to that in my opinion, because I can discard crappy rivens without having to punish myself to determine that they're crappy. 

As for OPM, I have no idea what it is, so...oh wait, is it that "One Punch Man" thing? The whole "Okay" meme? I know what you're saying, you said it in your first sentence.

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack
subject-verb agreement

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

As for OPM, I have no idea what it is, so...oh wait, is it that "One Punch Man" thing? The whole "Okay" meme? I know what you're saying, you said it in your first sentence.

Yeah it is from there, but it wasn't about the okay meme, it's about being too powerful and not finding joy in regular fights, rivens are supposed to "spice things up" and the challenges aren't cutting it, IMHO.

11 minutes ago, zzzNitro said:

Yeah it is from there, but it wasn't about the okay meme, it's about being too powerful and not finding joy in regular fights, rivens are supposed to "spice things up" and the challenges aren't cutting it, IMHO.

Ah, I gotcha. I am not that powerful yet; I'm aiming not to be (or at least, if I'm too powerful on paper, I compensate by aiming like a potato :laugh:)

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

From my observations, there have been 2 types of threads since Rivens first debuted: 1) People experiencing godawful drop rates and getting nothing but endo/ayatans/lenses and 2) people experiencing difficulty with unveiling the Rivens they did get. So seems to me like most people (save a few) already have enough of a challenge acquiring and unveiling these mods, and I doubt increasing the challenge or MR requirements would be met positively by the general playerbase.

8 minutes ago, Jobistober said:

From my observations, there have been 2 types of threads since Rivens first debuted: 1) People experiencing godawful drop rates and getting nothing but endo/ayatans/lenses and 2) people experiencing difficulty with unveiling the Rivens they did get. So seems to me like most people (save a few) already have enough of a challenge acquiring and unveiling these mods, and I doubt increasing the challenge or MR requirements would be met positively by the general playerbase.

Actually, I think I've had some sort of brilliant drop rate - I've only done like 5 sorties, and got 2 rivens from them. One was for the Burst Laser, which was massively disappointing (why are there even rivens for Sentinel weapons?) but man, 2 out of 5!

No.  Maybe,only if the difficulty of the challenge corresponded to a number of free re rolls.  Particularly because farming kuva is boring and clunky, especially the way it handles on PS4.  On PC you can dash the same way you bullet jump.  PS4 requires you to wait a second before dashing otherwise you just short hop like an idiot without even cloaking.

Out of all the Riven's I've seen and all the kuva I wasted I use 2 of the rivens I found, and that also required me to add more formas to the guns.  That is already more than enough work for a small reward.  No need to make the process longer unless some of the pointless farming somewhere else in the process is removed at the same time.

On 11/23/2016 at 6:55 PM, Hoaggie said:

~

And I want you to deal with it.

You rolled insanely lucky multiple times, instead of complaining about how you want the game tailored to your needs, go farm some prime sets and sell them for plat, and put that luck to good use.

Edited by Sakatchi