The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Better starter frame options

Arniox

6 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

I will replace Mag with Valkyr. After the change Valkyr doesn't have perma-invincibility anymore but still tanky enough the carry newbies through most early missions. Her abilities are straightforward and also easy to mod too. Mag is very squishy and weak without proper modding and her only defensive ability, Magnitize is extremely difficult to use.

Valkyr is a very cheesy warframe. She comes with out of the box invincibility. She's a great tank to get when you first start getting into endgame content (which is probably why she is found in a mid level mission) because she helps you learn how powerful enemies are without the frustration of death.  She's the perfect "oh shizznips!!!" button,  but when you're starting the game, that kind of power is not good at all for learning the game. You thought rhino was a bad habit? I remember seeing mr 6 and 7 in Draco with valkyr just riding on me massacring with my equinox while they just stay alive with endless hysteria.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

Valkyr is a very cheesy warframe. She comes with out of the box invincibility. She's a great tank to get when you first start getting into endgame content (which is probably why she is found in a mid level mission) because she helps you learn how powerful enemies are without the frustration of death.  She's the perfect "oh shizznips!!!" button,  but when you're starting the game, that kind of power is not good at all for learning the game. You thought rhino was a bad habit? I remember seeing mr 6 and 7 in Draco with valkyr just riding on me massacring with my equinox while they just stay alive with endless hysteria.

After the nerf it's no way a Valkyr to stay Hysteria for the whole mission (hardly over 2 minutes or so actually), even with highest energy efficiency. Apparently you never play post-nerf Valkyr considering you actually took a Valkyr in Draco as an example.

FYI: The energy drain will increase over time to at max 15 per second which equals 10 seconds with Valkyr default energy pool. Apparently newbies ain't getting (Primed) Flow/ Streamline/ Fleeting Expertise at start of the game. 

Edited by Marvelous_A

17 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

After the nerf it's no way a Valkyr to stay Hysteria for the whole mission (hardly over 2 minutes or so actually), even with highest energy efficiency. Apparently you never play post-nerf Valkyr considering you actually took a Valkyr in Draco as an example.

Completely wrong.  I said I SAW Mr 6 and 7 in draco, while i would be the saryn prime,  killing everything with spores, day time equinox, or the ice wave impedance frost. I never had the need to bring a valkyr because she does nothing for the team. Those valkyr players would be randoms that most likely had their nod taxi'd. Also, i have used post nerf valkyr, and honestly, i say eternal war max power strength valkyr is so much better,  but the fact remains that out of the box invincibility is still a bad idea for beginners. 

Edited by (PS4)Crixus044

On 11/27/2016 at 9:54 PM, Kyronz said:

replace excal with ash, ash has no skills that woujd op a lvl 20+ enemy scales terribly now and would be a let down if they keep him past loki on the the star chart chain.

Keeping him on manics is just cruel to those grinding mastery.

Ash is not bad now.  He's nerfed from before,  but considering he's was the king of dps before,  taking a second or third place in dps, in exchange for invisibility is not a bad trade off. He certainly isn't starter frame material though

Edited by (PS4)Crixus044