Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

99% Trinity Was Hobbled?

DEATHLOK

Question

The video I've watched mentioned 99% Damage Reduction—which was NOT displayed on the Abilities screen (just Power Duration and Restoration).

I'm thinking this video must be out of date, because I'm seeing a Damage Reduction of 75% on my screen, which wasn't shown on the YouTube video.

They capped Trinity's Damage Reduction?

And while you're reading:

EV Trinity could use Well of Life and Energy Vampire to deal huge damage to a single target. Was that disabled, too?

Edited by DEATHLOK

12 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, DEATHLOK said:

The video I've watched mentioned 99% Damage Reduction—which was NOT displayed on the Abilities screen (just Power Duration and Restoration).

I'm thinking this video must be out of date, because I'm seeing a Damage Reduction of 75% on my screen, which wasn't shown on the YouTube video.

They capped Trinity's Damage Reduction?

Yes it's been out of date for months now. DE decided to destroy Trinity before they decided that the Void was "too repetitive"...

The change to Trinity was done at the end of May/ beginning of June this year.

The video you watched might pre-date that.

"Blessing: Damage Resistance is no longer calculated based on an Average, but instead a flat value simply capped at 75% (which can be achieved via use of Strength mods). The squad UI now shows who is in range with the Tenno Affinity marker."

From: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/655270-hotfix-18132/

9 minutes ago, DEATHLOK said:

They killed her Well of Life/Energy Vampire combination, too, didn't they?

No They didn't, but it was useless and it's still useless

And that's why you should learn from the game / wiki and other players and not from youtube :)

Edited by Trichouette

I know a lot of YouTube videos are crap, put up by guys without a care beyond getting view counts.

Some times, I see one by a guy who actually plays the game.

Back to Trinity, it seemed that combination dealt an ENORMOUS amount of damage. Now, Energy Vampire seems unaffected by Well of Life.

And there's no longer a need to damage yourself prior to casting Bless, right?

17 minutes ago, DEATHLOK said:

No need for it at all. As far as I know, you'd need a Power Strength of at least 150% to reach the 75% damage reduction.

And no need for range as well, so no need to be afraid of using Narrow Minded (unless you plan on making it a Link Trinity as well). Since the range is capped by the affinity range, you can use Vazarin to boost the 50m into 67m.

Edited by secret9005

Yes, Bless was mostly nerfed.  DR was maxed at 75% and range linked to affinity sharing range.  But you don't have to self-damage to get the max DR, and you can recast whenever you want, so it's not all bad.  This was a necessary nerf because map-wide God Mode was not a good thing.  Personally, I will not miss hitting myself in the face with a Cerata every 30 seconds.

I was far more upset about the 1-2 combo getting nerfed, removing the only use for Trinity's 1 and the only real fun an EV trin can have.  That happened around the same time as the Bless change.

1 hour ago, secret9005 said:

And no need for range as well, so no need to be afraid of using Narrow Minded (unless you plan on making it a Link Trinity as well).

I use the same build for Bless and Link.  It includes Narrow Minded, negated by Stretch and Cunning Drift.  At least for my in-your face Trin play style, 95% Link range is plenty.

4 hours ago, DEATHLOK said:

Back to Trinity, it seemed that combination dealt an ENORMOUS amount of damage. Now, Energy Vampire seems unaffected by Well of Life.

They also changed EV, making it more viable on high duration builds.  Enemies killed while under EV will give all the energy for the pulses remaining in a single lump sum.

But yes, Bless no longer requires self damage to get high DR with, and now has a max range of 50m