Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Revisited Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)Natfrog123 said:

Also... Enemies do not attack what they cannot see. So no he NEVER takes damage.

Hahahahahahahahahah, oh man! I wish enemies didn't attack what they cannot see. Here's the thing. Unless you're rolling with 4 Loki's, they can still see your squad mates. Or specters. Or the defense object. Or the mobdef console. Or the allied NPCs. Or the wild Kubrows.

And here's the thing. When you get to levels above the Starchart, even a single stray bullet will destroy your Loki, unless you roll with Quick Thinking, which means your energy reserves will be destroyed instead - which you need to stay invisible.

2 minutes ago, Phobonaut said:

Hahahahahahahahahah, oh man! I wish enemies didn't attack what they cannot see. Here's the thing. Unless you're rolling with 4 Loki's, they can still see your squad mates. Or specters. Or the defense object. Or the mobdef console. Or the allied NPCs. Or the wild Kubrows.

And here's the thing. When you get to levels above the Starchart, even a single stray bullet will destroy your Loki, unless you roll with Quick Thinking, which means your energy reserves will be destroyed instead - which you need to stay invisible.

You are correct but playing near allies with a stealth/mele frame is in it self not smart. Which brings me back to my original reason Ash was better/unique BEFORE the patch. You could be in the thick of an intense fight constantly with your squad while at the same time be nowhere near them. It fit so much better in this game than the garbage press a button look around to "tag" enemies (most die before you press any button at all) press button again and get locked into a horribly long cut scene showing all the enemies that somehow manage to not get slaughtered instantly while haveing no mana and then suddenly it shoots back up because 80% of the targets you marked no longer exist. NOT FUN. However the 7-10 second cut scene we had before was much better hit targets on it's own up to the internal limit allowing me back into the fight instantly upon completion usually saving my buddies life in the process.

Just now, (Xbox One)Natfrog123 said:

You are correct but playing near allies with a stealth/mele frame is in it self not smart.

Have you ever played on a Grineer Galleon? Have you ever tried avoiding your allies on that map? Ash's 4 today is mechanically so much better than what it used to be. I know, because I have been playing since 2013.

This is how Ash used to work:

1. press 4
  2. go downstairs
  3. crack open a beer
  4. get some snacks
  5. get back to WF
  6. notice that squadchat is filled with angry squaddies calling you killstealing OP scum

It was literally a quick time event. Just without the quick time.

Imagine how great the game would be if every AoE attack stopped you from playing the game to "tag" enemies! Oh wouldn't this be an amazing game? How about instead of Excaliber pressing one button to use his sword wave thingy you had to first confirm you wanted to do the action at all with a popup that you have to mouse over and press the OK button. What a joy that would be to play don't you think?

1 minute ago, Phobonaut said:

Have you ever played on a Grineer Galleon? Have you ever tried avoiding your allies on that map? Ash's 4 today is mechanically so much better than what it used to be. I know, because I have been playing since 2013.

1. press 4
  2. go downstairs
  3. crack open a beer
  4. get some snacks
  5. get back to WF
  6. notice that squadchat is filled with angry squaddies calling you killstealing OP scum

Kill stealing? Who the hell care who kills what in WF? It is a squad based game where the end result is win or fail. I could care less who gets "more kills" however I am usually the one carrying my squad most games but that is besides the point. When i get into a game with I dunno a pilferring swarm Hydroid I tend to let them get whatever kills they can and just hang back as I know it's for the greater good for me to not be an &#! and worry about "stats". I can tell already just by that comment you are not a co-op player in the least.

Handspring. Constitution.

What does that have to do with Ash and BS being garbage? How does that solve it taking 5 seconds to target a group and another 4 years to watch him teleport around to each enemy in a MUCH longer quick time event as you put it. You make ZERO sense. 

Fast paced games need instant abilities but I do like how you ignored my suggestion for all AoEs and every skill needing a popup window to confirm you actually want to preform the action. After all that is basically what we have with ash. Activate a skill, move cursor around screen, click ok. Is that not what we have for our Ultimate ability on Ash? I feel every frame should get this EPIC treatment. Why do you not agree this would make the game more fun to play.

Dude, you're MR2. Stop talking S#&$ like you know how Ash used to work. You're glorifying a past that you don't know anything about. You complain about AOE's disrupting your 4 and you don't even understand that I gave you advice on which mods to use that allow Ash to ignore AOE knockdowns.

20 minutes ago, Phobonaut said:

1. press 4
  2. go downstairs
  3. crack open a beer
  4. get some snacks
  5. get back to WF

Honestly I now know u either are a complete troll or you infact never played Ash. Ash had a cap of 21 or 28 (honestly can't remember) targets MAX he and his clones could hit and at most you saw maybe 6-8 very fast little scenes unless you got stuck on a massive health enemy. It was over in at the very most 8 seconds and at that point you either had to push another button or just stand there. 

Edited by (XB1)Natfrog123

4 minutes ago, Phobonaut said:

Dude, you're MR2. Stop talking S#&$ like you know how Ash used to work. You're glorifying a past that you don't know anything about. You complain about AOE's disrupting your 4 and you don't even understand that I gave you advice on which mods to use that allow Ash to ignore AOE knockdowns.

Ummm I am now MR8 on Xbox One but funny you didn't ask me if I played on PC and transferred over.

11 minutes ago, Phobonaut said:

Who said ANYTHING about AoEs disrupting abilities? You need some better glasses or to re-read what was written.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Natfrog123 said:

Who said ANYTHING about AoEs disrupting abilities? You need some better glasses or to re-read what was written.

:clem:

29 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Natfrog123 said:

Imagine how great the game would be if every AoE attack stopped you from playing the game to "tag" enemies! Oh wouldn't this be an amazing game? How about instead of Excaliber pressing one button to use his sword wave thingy you had to first confirm you wanted to do the action at all with a popup that you have to mouse over and press the OK button. What a joy that would be to play don't you think?

You're not making any sense. Ash's 4 isn't a AoE. It's a chain-kill.

What? Do you not know how Blade Storm worked? You looked at an enemy and pressed a button and based off range it attacked multiple enemies. AoE Area of Effect. Now imagine if every frame got the Ash treatment.... keep up here you are falling behind.

Since you don't/can't understand maybe this will help

Ember with the Ash treatment

World on Fire

Press 4

Look around to "tag" enemies

press 4 again

Is this ok to you?

If so I think that all frames with abilities that hit multiple enemies should get this treatment like Ash did.... It's only fair don't you think?

Excalibur with the Ash treatment

Radial blind

Press 2 

Press 2 again

Also this must be ok with you.

2 minutes ago, Phobonaut said:

Blade Storm was never AoE. You know what AoE is? Fire Blast is AoE. Blade Storm simply set up a little track for the Ash-Knife-train to ride on.

Which is how a fast paced game SHOULD be played. If not then make it uniform for all frames. How is this fair for one frame but not another? Your logic is not showing up here. Please explain in terms of game play and damage what the difference is? 

Also did you ever try Blade Storm with no range? You hit maybe 2 enemies even at rank 3. So when i say it was an AoE it was in fact an AoE. More range hit more targets up to the limit... I'm sorry you do not understand that concept. 

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Natfrog123 said:

Since you don't/can't understand maybe this will help

Ember with the Ash treatment

World on Fire

Press 4

press 4 again

Is this ok to you?

If so I think that all frames with abilities that hit multiple enemies should get this treatment like Ash did.... It's only fair don't you think?

Excalibur with the Ash treatment

Radial blind

Press 2 

Press 2 again

Also this must be ok with you.

Also lets add that every target costs a set amount of energy.

14 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Natfrog123 said:

If you haven't caught on all these ideas are complete garbage but it is in fact EXACTLY what they did to Ash. This in your eyes seems to be ok and my only logical thinking is you just plain out HATE Ash and do not want him in a good place. To me that is truely sad.

Err, have you ever considered that I'd want to play Ash and NOT watch a cutscene? This is important because I can react and plan ahead how I use my 4 so I don't end up dropping out of Bladestorm right next to some Energy Leech Eximi. If you'd actually play Warframe instead of pressing 4 to win, you'd realise there's more to just doing a fuckton of easy damage.

Edited by Phobonaut

Just now, Phobonaut said:

Err, have you ever considered that I'd want to play Ash and NOT watch a cutscene? This is important because I can react and plan ahead how I use my 4 so I don't end up dropping out of Bladestorm right next to some Energy Leech Eximi. If you'd actually play Warframe instead of pressing 4 to win, you'd realise there's more to just doing a fuckton of easy damage.

Then why do you play it now? You get a MUCH longer "cut scene". I'm not pushing for any changes to 1, 2, or 3 skills. Simply fixing BS to fit back into a fast paced game. How do you not have a cut scene now?